12AAAA Basketball

pancakes

12AAAA basketball is set to make noise in the state playoffs this year. Whitehouse is obviously the talk of the town, and they deserve it, but what about Nac and Jax, both solid teams with potential to punch into the second or third rounds. Who can we count out at this point in the season, and what are the predictions coming into the post season?

Pancakes

12AAAA basketball is set to make noise in the state playoffs this year. Whitehouse is obviously the talk of the town, and they deserve it, but what about Nac and Jax, both solid teams with potential to punch into the second or third rounds. Who can we count out at this point in the season, and what are the predictions coming into the post season?

Pancakes

What is the word on Chappelle from J'Ville ~ I noticed he did not play against Whitehouse ~ I heard conflicting stories that night ~ If he isn't playing, going forward it will certainly diminish their chances of a second or third round run.......

The girls of Hallsville are strong and doing good. Playoffs should be good for them. Hallsvilles guys, well lets just say they are mostly a sophmore and Fresh squad. 1 or 2 seniors. i think 2-3 juniors

Girls Standings

NAC 10-2

Kilgore 10-2

WH 8-4

Hallsville 8-4

JAX 4-8

PT 4-8

Marshall 3-9

Henderson 1-11

H'ville plays at WH tomorrow and home against Kilgore next Tuesday

WH has H'ville at home tomorrow and at Henderson next Tuesday

WH has an easier road than H'ville. I'll take take WH although H'ville had a good year.

What is the word on Chappelle from J'Ville ~ I noticed he did not play against Whitehouse ~ I heard conflicting stories that night ~ If he isn't playing, going forward it will certainly diminish their chances of a second or third round run.......

Jeremy Chappelle is not playing right now because of personal issues, it has nothing to do with grades or anything like that. However, he will be back with the team in time for the playoffs. Hopefully Jax will continue to do well without Chappelle and bring home a win from Nac.

Jville is a solid team no doubt. I did however notice some attitude problems when they played in Whitehouse. Alot of nasty comments and some aggression for #10. Luckily the disciplined WH squad kept their cool and nothing major occured. It Jax wants to be a state quality team they need to tone down the language and leave the attitudes back home. Discipline seperates good teams from championship teams

Pancakes

Pancakes, Even though Whitehouse is disciplined, and the actuall team lets there play do the talking,

they still tend to rub teams the wrong way, Whitehouse can play some basketball, there usually suburban white guys, who just grow up through little dribblers and in the recent years through AAU tournaments. The guys that start out at whitehouse are the Whitehouse Basketball Starters. thats it, they usually dont play anything else, they eat sleep and breath basketball. When in many other situations you'll have multi-sport athletes transfer over after football season and what-not, at Whitehouse if you REALLY play basketball, thats all you do. not taking anything away from brady, or bart, or anyone else there great players also, but the starting five is the starting five.

and as far as discipline goes it starts early, i know coach dawkins, regardless of HOW good you are, doesnt put up with any kind of bull, and thats HOW IT HAS TO BE.

i mean, perfect example is a player that, i wont mention his name, but back in 04 transfered to Tyler Lee after confrontations with Coach Dawkins, and STARRED ON LEE's TEAM ?! but thats just how it HAS to be, the coach has to set the tone, be the leader, and in turn ultimately build his program.