Queen City decides

coop13

Queen City powers that be have chosen Joey Drennon as their man. When will QC ever wake up and see what they have right under their own noses. Have heard Drennon has chosen one coach who was fired from a job and another whose knowledge is very questionable. The entire school board needs to think long and hard before they vote. They need a man who will stand up for the kids and do what is right with the kids, program, community and school. And not be a yes man. Maybe, Drennon can fill those shoes. I hope so for the sake of all.

Coop, it's fairly obvious that you know little to nothing about Coaching. But, with that said, there are tons of great Coaches around the state that have been fired at one point in their career. Usually because of people just like you that don't know a football from a hole in the ground.

You found me out. I am not a football genius like most of the people on this board. However, I do know alot about QC. I wish them well, whoever they hire. The kids there are great. They need a good man/coach to take on this job.

Coop, what about the first shoice is such an issue with you? I think this post you made back in November pretty much sums up your knowledge of Coaching.

"I went to a 7th grade game in Arkansas last night. After the game a 7th grade player went up to his pee-wee coach begging him to talk to the coaches and help them. The pee-wee coach had let the same boys to many victories. The real coaches seemed to care less. Real coaches seem only to care about Varsity. How does a pee-wee coach get victories and a real coaching staff gets nothing but losses. You have a group of boys together for years with a non-professional and all of a sudden they start losing with the professionals. This is very frustrating for the parents and kids. All right you football gurus give us some knowledge. (This is not just Arkansas)"

To answer you question, it is because pee-wee coaches know more about football. Isn't that obvious?

I told you already bobcat that you found me out, i am not a football genius. Help me out here, does an AD only have to worry about football? Are there any other sports, or issues that he has to be in charge of? Sorry you find my lack of knowledge so offensive. Have a blessed day.

Why did Drennon not get approved by the board? I thought it was a sure deal.

I don't know what happens in Queen City.... but in the rest of the world when you take two to the board, then its not a sure deal. It means that you have two candidates for which the board gets to choose from.

I know that Coach Drennon has done a good job at Mildred 3 straight playoff years

Has drawn Celina, Elysian Fields, and Arp in first round in that order the last 3 years

If the board is not taking the committees reccommendation and that of the Superintendent

it would then seem there are some real other issues in play

Board didn't approve Drennon so the job went to number 2.

To correct my own post, the board thought #2 was a better choice. They didn't necessarily disapprove of Drennon, they simply liked Duck better.

I know that Coach Drennon has done a good job at Mildred 3 straight playoff years

Has drawn Celina, Elysian Fields, and Arp in first round in that order the last 3 years

If the board is not taking the committees reccommendation and that of the Superintendent

it would then seem there are some real other issues in play

Duck was recommended by the committee/superintendent as well. I'm not sure how much truth versus speculation there was to Drennon being the "leader." Obviously around QC, he was a more recognizeable name and maybe that led to his being dubbed the front-runner. Several board members listened in on the interviews along with the committee, and all did their research on the candidates. I can assure you the board made a well-educated decision and picked the candidate who they thought would be in the best interest of the school.

I have known Coach Duck for several years at McKinney North. He is a great coach and an even better man. He is the kind of coach that you want your son playing for. I guarantee you that he will bring enthusiam to the entire Queen City program not just football. :happy65: :happy65: :happy65: