Cowboy Rumors

I heard the cowboys were replacing barber. I would think he would be the stronger of the two backs. I heard they were trading up in the draft to get someone like McFadden. There's no garauntee that you'll get the same performance at the professional level from him. I think it's a risk. I would stay with barber and get rid of Julius Jones. What are your thoughts on this rumor?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This trade wouldnt make to much sense and, I for one belive Jerry isnt going to trade Marion Barber, however, I do belive one of the first round picks will be traded away and, my gut is telling me the Dallas Cowboys will either pick up 1) Roy Williams from Detroit or 2) the one I think is a very strong possibility Chad Johnson from the Begals. I know must of you are thinking no way! but, think about if you add a Chad Johnson type receiver along with T.O. and Jason Witten with Marion Barber. Who do you double team? do you put 8 in the box? do you drop everybody back? Chad Johnson + Terrell Owens + Jason Witten + Terry Glenn + Marion Barber + Tony Romo = Scary Offense

Look at this possibility

Trade one of the first round picks and maybe a 2nd or 3rd and get Chad Johnson

Trade the other first pick and Roy Williams to Miami for the number one Pick and get Darren McFadden

With Dallas having two first round picks, the options are endless and if your Jerry Jones youve gotta be happy about that. :thumbsup:

I would like to see the Cowboys trade up or trade to receive a few more picks, however, with 2 definite first round picks they could really shore up their defense, notably the secondary, then possibly look for a deal (steal) or two....... :thumbsup:

This rumer doesn't appear to have any legs. It's speculation on ESPN's part because JJ went to Arkansas...which isn't much of a reason to think this has any actual chance of happening.

The Cowboys don't want to have to pay a rookie that kind of money. Felix Jones would be far more likely a pickup just with what they have.

This rumer doesn't appear to have any legs. It's speculation on ESPN's part because JJ went to Arkansas...which isn't much of a reason to think this has any actual chance of happening.

The Cowboys don't want to have to pay a rookie that kind of money. Felix Jones would be far more likely a pickup just with what they have.

I agree. I think Felix Jones can be a solid RB in the NFL. Speed back with good vision. Don't think he got enough attention in college, due to DMcF. I think the cowboys should go there with one pick and the other with a DB or WR.

You must be crazy if you think the Cowboys can survive with two of the biggest egos in the game on the same team, and both of them are on offense.

If you've ever been around professional athletes much, it's hard to compare egos. They're all through the roof.

I think T.O. wants to win... Why wouldn't he and Chad get along?

Ok, Think about this. The reason "I" belive T.O. would like to have Chad, If your the DC who would you double? You couldnt. T.O could motion to the slot and throw everything off. It would be a steal on Dallas part to pick up Chad but, like most of you I think the secondary needs help. Maybe the can pick up one of the projected free agent corners Marcus Trufant or Ashante Samuels, Remember people Dallas has cap room this year to make a few big moves and knowing Jerry Jones I wouldnt rule nothing out.

I would rather have the younger chip on his shoulder Roy Williams than Chad Johnson

The Cowboys could trade Williams for a pineapple and a jar of unicorn giggles and come out ahead. Id trade Roy Williams for Chad Johnson any day of the week. However, I dont believe we need to worry about a receiver. We need to get help in the secondary. Johnson or McFadden neither one play defense so they shouldnt even be considered. But this is Jerry's team and it has always seemed that what he wants, he gets.

I would not get a wide receiver in the first round, they very rarely have an impact in the first few years, I mean take a look at the next coming of Jerry Rice Calvin Johnson this year. Rookie wide receivers usually come up with 50-60 catches and 600 yards and 3-5 td's, and thats when they have a good rookie campaign.

Take a Guard in the First Round to get Kosier off the field. My next pick would be a cornerback or a safety, whichever is best.

I like the Idea of trading Roy Williams to anyone who will take him. What I think would might be a good pickup is trade Roy Williams for someones young 3rd receiver, someone you think could turn into something. I mean look at what Wes Welker was able to do this year, Find a guy like that, and get rid of that fake linebacker #31.

we're in a great position to fix our holes. secondary help is a given, ol-our ot's don't really impress me, listen to any offers 4 roy williams, with 2 first rounders we can trade down and get a good back like felix jones late first round/early 2nd or get the other roy from detroit. glenn and owens getting hurt showed crayton is a good third wr. it's going to be a fun offseason.

i dont think they can add another big ego person at this time! all they need now is some good role players to help one of the top 5 teams in the nfl! that RB from illinois, Mendenhall, would make sense!..... espn's mel kiper is projecting them to take mario manningham in 1st round also which would be an ok pick but i think they can do better with that pick!

IMO ESPN created this story and tried to headline it. It's a week or a bit more and you here less and less about this supposed trade

I know Jerry can be impulsive at times (notice how I didn't say stupid), but a trade that would basically send 3 first round picks for the first pick is idiotic.

Latest trade/draft rumor I've been hearing about is the Cowboys sending horsecollarRoy, and a 1st rd pick to the Bengals for Chad Johnson. Yeah I know, the Cowboys need another gigantic ego on this team like I need another hole in my head. But you have to admit, the idea is intriguing, especially the prospect of getting rid of RW. After seeing him get burned on pass coverage all year long, I'd trade him for a half-eaten ham sandwich.

Of course if I were JJ I would...

1) Let Julius Jones walk or trade him, cant remember if he is a FA

2) Package Roy Williams and one of those first rounders to either Arizona or Detroit and pick up a young stud wideout and possibly a Safety or Nickelback.

3) Start Pat watkins at the FS spot and let Hamlin play SS.

4) Use your 1st round pick on one of the many young quality backs (Rice, Slaton, Jones)