Texarkana Tough Man

Dragonator

Rob Hill made it through Friday Night's fight( He fought an Indian from OK that was in his 30's) and then he fought the first fight on Saturday and WON. His second fight he lost. He did a great job. It is hard when you are up there and one of the ones that actually knows how to BOX...and you are matched up with people that are just street fighters so to speak. This was just something Rob had on his "list" to do in his life and he did it. As he left some of the people from Tough Man told him he should come back next year....and his remark as he walked out the door with a smile...was..."I sign for a football scholorship on Wednesday for a University in Kansas....I will be too busy in college next year...but it was fun! The crowds went crazy for him when he walked out on the floor...it was awesome...and most of Maud was there to support him.

You can win the Tough Man two years and then that is it.

Heard today that one of the Toughman contestants died due to injuries suffered Saturday night. Can't verify this, I hope it isn't true. Prayers for this young man and his family.

Did you get it from a reliable source? That is so upsetting. There were several that left in stretchers....wonder which one it suposedly was? I will see what I can find out. I am like you...I hope this is not true...and also like you...prayers for him and his family if it is. I will see what I can find out.

I just asked Rob, and he said that he heard today that the young man had brain damage, he did not hear that he died. It was the young man that lost out in the championship round in the Middle weight division that they are talking about. We need to pray regardless....

From a very reliable source- heard the young man was brain dead on Sunday. Don't think it was the one who beat Rob Hill and then got knocked out in his next fight.

From a very reliable source- heard the young man was brain dead on Sunday. Don't think it was the one who beat Rob Hill and then got knocked out in his next fight.

NO... I was not talking about anyone in Rob's class...it was NOT the one that beat out Rob...it was the one that lost out in the championship round of the MIDDLE WEIGHT class...Rob was Light Heavy Weight. The guy that was hurt..that he is talking about and that you are talking about was in the class UNDER Rob. I certainly want to find out more about this.

Sounds like there was some serious fighting going on this year. The one year I went, I was a little disappointed that there weren't any better fights than there was. Now, looking at this year, I feel bad for wishing there was better fights the year I did go. Prayers for that guy and his family.

i was shocked to see hill's name in the paper. what if he'd broken a leg or ear lobe or something?

LoL... an ear lobe? Isnt that a bit extreme. Well just so you can rest tonight...he doesnt have a scratch. His legs, feet, arms, and even fingers are all in great shape for him to "sign" on Wednesday. In case you were not there...he didnt dance around the ring like alot of em...he fought....and he had a great time.

I am just sorry to hear about this other young man.

LoL... an ear lobe? Isnt that a bit extreme. Well just so you can rest tonight...he doesnt have a scratch. His legs, feet, arms, and even fingers are all in great shape for him to "sign" on Wednesday. In case you were not there...he didnt dance around the ring like alot of em...he fought....and he had a great time.

I am just sorry to hear about this other young man.

hey i'm no doctor. don't want to see any local youth not get a shot at college that's all. and no i wasn't there, but sort of remember the last "fight night" at sfa back in the day. well ok, i don't remember but i know i went.

Sounds like there was some serious fighting going on this year. The one year I went, I was a little disappointed that there weren't any better fights than there was. Now, looking at this year, I feel bad for wishing there was better fights the year I did go. Prayers for that guy and his family.

Rob said the same thing....now there were alot in there on Friday night that like I said before...just danced around the ring....but there was alot more than previous years. Rob had one of the judges compliment him on the fact that he knew how to actually "box" and reminded him that it is very nerve racking when you know how to perform the sport of boxing and you are matched up with someone just swinging away and danceing around. It was obvious when they read the short bios...and some were sportsmen and then others read that their hobbies/past times were fishing and drinking beer....LOL....there is a big difference....and it showed in the ring.

Again...I am just sorry that something like this has happened to one of the fighters....

Those were great fights and Rob fought hard, I think the Championship was his best fight.

How about Kevin Price from Henderson, Winning the Heavyweight??? Great job.

He gave up 170 pounds to the guy in the semi, and fought the championship hurt. Not bad for someone near 40, LOL, Great win........ :notworthy: :happy65:

Do you happen to know the young mans name etc? I would appreciate any info. This is very sad and could have been any of the young men. Our thoughts and prayers go out to this young man and his family!

Heard his name today but can't think of it right now. I probably would not post it anyway out of respect to his family. He was still on life support last I heard but still had no brain activity.

Heard his name today but can't think of it right now. I probably would not post it anyway out of respect to his family. He was still on life support last I heard but still had no brain activity.

If you do get it please personal message me. Rob would like to send something to his family, and asked me to find out. I would appreciate it. thanks