15-3A Baseball

fiftysix

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wish I could give you a legit answer but with basketball still going on I really dont know how Sabine will be this year. I did watch a little bit of a scrimmage yesterday and they look bad. They were hitting well. I talked to the coach a couple weeks ago and he said when basketball is all over that he will have around 50 kids out there to choose from.

I'm not sure who all is going to join the team (Sabine) after basketball season...

We have a couple of pretty good seniors returning in Preston Florence and Colton Harvick. We're going to be a bit thin on the mound. Lots of youth. Hopefully Coach Stagner can mold these young men into a good team. :coolball:

Baseball is in Mineola's blood so I would not count them out yet. Yes they lost some, but I think they will be in the hunt for either the 2nd or 3rd spot in district play. There is always talent coming up in Mineola, and with the weight program they have been on, alot of the boy's are a whole lot better this year. In my opinion. But we will see when basketball is finally over and we start playing some real games.

Baseball is in Mineola's blood so I would not count them out yet. Yes they lost some, but I think they will be in the hunt for either the 2nd or 3rd spot in district play. There is always talent coming up in Mineola, and with the weight program they have been on, alot of the boy's are a whole lot better this year. In my opinion. But we will see when basketball is finally over and we start playing some real games.

When did a football weight program help kids be a better baseball player? Last time I checked you had to be able to field a ground ball and then throw it. When you are at the plate, you have to see the ball to put it in play which takes eye hand coordination not benching 300 lbs. By the way, who besides the Watkins kid can pitch? Last year they were loaded with pitching and this year???????????????

Good lord Natureboy, you must not like working out. By the time a kid reaches the HS level, he probably has a general idea of how to hit, throw, and catch. Otherwise you will probably get cut. Getting stronger will only help make you throw and hit harder. Which is good to me, I don't know about you and your finesse tactics though.

Gilmer

Spring Hill

White Oak

Mineola

Gladewater

Sabine

I agree that Mineola has tradition in the baseball program. Again I am just going by what is returning for both teams. Look for this to be a tough district race. Gilmer I think will still come out on top. The question remains to see if Spring Hill can pitch. White Oak I think will be able to pitch. Mineol and Gladewater a lot of holes to fill hitting and pitching. Sabine just has to see what happens. I guess we will see what is going on in a couple of weeks.

When did a football weight program help kids be a better baseball player? Last time I checked you had to be able to field a ground ball and then throw it. When you are at the plate, you have to see the ball to put it in play which takes eye hand coordination not benching 300 lbs. By the way, who besides the Watkins kid can pitch? Last year they were loaded with pitching and this year???????????????

I have to commend you Natureboy......after reading all your posts its apparent to me that you know it all! Congratulations! :notworthy:

Good lord Natureboy, you must not like working out. By the time a kid reaches the HS level, he probably has a general idea of how to hit, throw, and catch. Otherwise you will probably get cut. Getting stronger will only help make you throw and hit harder. Which is good to me, I don't know about you and your finesse tactics though.

Finesse Tactics.. thats funny

I think White Oak is gonna be better than some think. They will have a nice pitcing rotation with Derek Bowen and Blake Ware and they were very young last yr and got alot of experience. Ware should emerge this yr as one of the best SS/P in the district. Soph Jackson McCurdy hit .407 as a freshman last yr and has the ability to go yard at any time. First yr head coach Derrick Jenkins will have them fired up to make a run.

Guest Bear_Den
where's BearDen to give us the gwater scoop? are they going to be down this year?

Here I am.

Gladewater has so many young guys playing this year. They all love baseball and are very dedicated to the sport. I'm not sure as to how we will do this particular year, but the future looks promising for Bear baseball as they enter the new district next season.

well i dont think u can count Mineola in for anthing... they lost everything so this will prolly be a rebuilding season for mineols.. they weren't that good anyways they were the most over rated team in our district last year