15 3A

wistler40

What do you think about how this district will unfold? There were some good games last year and I know Mineola will have alot of players back from a young team. what about everyone else? I know Mineola returns at least 10 players from last years team that went third.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SH should be competitive this season....They have a few select players on there team including the pitcher, ss, lf, and incoming freshman Shannon Sanders....this kid is the real deal and should be a huge assest to a good team...SH has alot of speed, especially at catcher, pitcher, ss, lf and the freshman. Of course you can have all the talent, team speed you want but in the end it will come down to has the most dominent pitcher...and right now that is a toss up in this district until they get a few more games under there belt...I think Sabine will be tough, as coach Ricks always finds a way to get her kids to play. Not real sure what Gilmer, Mineola (lost catcher to D1), or White Oak has. You dont hear much about Gladewater either, not that there bad its just you dont hear much about them....

I see it like this:

1. SH/Sabine these two could go either way.

2. Sabine/SH

3. Mineola

4. White Oak

5. Gilmer

6. Gladewater

White Oak has most of their team returning I believe. Haley Walters pitching, Tuel is catching I think.

Gladewater returns most of their team, except they'll be boosted by a good tournament pitcher and possibly a new catcher. I'm not sure there's much else to write about.

:sweat: I dont think anyone in 15-3a will be sweating these teams!

1. Spring Hill

2. Sabine

3. Mineola

4. Gilmer

5. White Oak

6. Gladewater

White Oak has no pitching, but they can hit. Gladewater pitching will be better with the freshman.

Volleyball it appears to me from your posts that you are from White Oak. But you probably have nothing to do with the softball team. So why dont you go and put your head back in the gym where it belongs and quit spoutin off about things you know absolutely nothing about. Im pretty sure if you ask those three teams that White Oak has played, they will tell you the pitching is not the problem at this time, and actually has been above average. I watched that game last night and believe me losing that game had nothing to do with pitching.

I'm sure as well that pitching had nothing to do with it. WO committed over 5 errors and alll 8 runs were UNEARNED. and the pitcher has actually played for 3 or 4 A teams so maybe you should actually know what your talkin about before u open your mouth.

So if they got a hit and got on base because of the hit thats NOT AN UNEARNED run when the were batted in? :hmm:

what are you talking about fastpitchfan? even you don't know what your talking about. no edgar, when girls get on base because of errors nothing after that matters even if they get batted in. if they wouldnt of made errors that next girl that got a hit may not have even gotten a chance to hit. people kill me with how much they think they know...and it amazes me how much they dont know.....

Ok Maroonandwhite34 my question is what (A) teams the White Oak pitchers have played on? Are you scared to tell us because they're really not (A) teams? I have been told that the olny true (A) players at White Oak High School are the freshman M. Wilson and a sophmore that does'nt play high school softball! She is some kind of champ black belt in Martial Arts?

I love the way that some people get on here and think they know everything and down kids that are out there giving everything they have to be successful. Who cares if the pitcher from WO played A ball. Does that mean she can't compete. I know for a fact that she plays hard. She may not be the best pitcher in the district, but if she throws strikes and WO plays defense behind her it should not matter. For the record, she beat Mineola and Gilmer in the last 2 games of the year in 2007. She did not pitch in the games that WO lost against those 2 teams earlier that year. As for the game against Harleton, she pitched a great game. The defense did not take care of their business. The shortstop and 2nd baseman both made an error, and I think that the 1st baseman made 4 or 5 errors. By the way, runs that score from errors don't count as an earned run; and runs that score after the third out should have been made don't count as earned runs. You need to quit talking about who you think is good and let the season play out. By the way, WO beat that Rusk pitcher last year for the record.

I have never heard of the Courage but Texas Sting is definitely an A quality team...

But as far as rankings go, gilmer will be higher than what everyone thinks...they have the potential to be first in District....if they dont get 1st i think they will at least go to playoffs.about sabine.....they are a good team and they know that but they just need to make sure that they dont get big-headed.i am not gonna say any names but after Gilmer beat sabine today a girl from sabine made a comment ,that wasn't needed, and said "You just wait till district". Those kind of things to me are not sportsman-like remarks and are NOT needed on a softball field. I think i put that pretty clearly. :)

But as far as rankings go, gilmer will be higher than what everyone thinks...they have the potential to be first in District....if they dont get 1st i think they will at least go to playoffs.about sabine.....they are a good team and they know that but they just need to make sure that they dont get big-headed.i am not gonna say any names but after Gilmer beat sabine today a girl from sabine made a comment ,that wasn't needed, and said "You just wait till district". Those kind of things to me are not sportsman-like remarks and are NOT needed on a softball field. I think i put that pretty clearly. :)

Pitchingurl5,

How would you know if they meant "You just wait til district." as being unsportsman-like?

I have never heard of the Courage but Texas Sting is definitely an A quality team...

I am from Sabine. Would you message me with there names?

I was just curious because i cant think of anyone that would mouth off like that but then again there are some new people on the team this year that i dont know. Its ok though because Sabine has been practicing at full strength as long as Gilmer so let them enjoy the win now and give sabine a few more weeks and they will be even tougher.

Emotions were running high with the call at first base. Just one of a few during this tournament that the outfield ump made that coaches and fans didn't agree with, and it wasn't just Sabine. We were on both sides of this fellow. I'm sure you will agree that when the girl dove back to the bag the 1st baseman should have tagged her with the ball (not with the foot as the outfield umpire said happend at first), I really don't know what his rendition of the facts changed to after the first tale to our coach. I do not believe Sabine played their best with Gilmer. But isn't that what this preseason is for? Unfortunately, Sabine's bad inning was the first inning. When you get 5 runs against you on the board you have got to make the adjustment and come out hitting. Our bats just didn't come around soon enough. Gilmer had 3 hits in the first inning with a couple of walks until Sabine changed pitchers and then Gilmer got a double which was their last hit of the game. No matter what, Gilmer doesn't have to worry about Sabine getting the "Big Head", they know they can be beat at any time. But they do have confidence that it won't, or even better not happen as easily in district, I'm pretty sure that was the intention of the player comment, and with the last play being so dramatic it got blown up and possibly her tone was even not acceptable to Gilmer. You know normally, the hackling the girls do, is all in getting into the opposing teams head. I've heard worse and I'm not saying it is acceptable.

Now as to calling out the pitcher for White Oak, I don't honestly agree with that either. She will only get better as the season progresses, and no one should single her out on this forum.

Good luck to all the 15-3A teams.

I wasn't trying to make anyone mad, but good call by an umpire or not, you have to keep a good attitude. I know winning is important but considering that was a tournament game and not a real district game tensions shouldn't have been that high. And as someone said earlier there is no point in me messaging the name of the person that made that remark. It would only cause trouble. Once again, not trying to make anyone mad, just stating a point.