15 3A

wistler40

:sweat: I dont think anyone in 15-3a will be sweating these teams!

Man, your softball knowledge has really shown on this one. Gladewater beats Spring Hill - White Oak beats Sabine, Mineola, Gilmer. Not saying these two teams are dominant teams, but you dont make an arrogant statement like that and then not be able to back it up. These two teams are definately better than what people have given them credit for.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. Spring Hill

2. Sabine

3. Mineola

4. Gilmer

5. White Oak

6. Gladewater

White Oak has no pitching, but they can hit. Gladewater pitching will be better with the freshman.

It appears to me that you should come back and restate your opinion. White Oak has not only beat some good teams this year, but has done it with PITCHING and defense. You dont beat teams like, Harmony, Bullard, Mt. Vernon, Spring Hill, Sabine without good pitching. Look at the scores of these games - most of them were low scoring games, which means the pitcher is doing her job. I have seen her twice now against Sabine - except for one bad inning in an emotional 10 inning game - she has done a great job of getting our team of not hitting the ball hard. She is not a strikeout pitcher - but does get alot of outs.

So SH and Sabine have clinched playoff berths. What does the schedule look like for the last 2 games. Looks like not only a dog fight for the district title but one for the 3rd spot as well! Isn't this fun lol

I know

Tuesday

Sabine at SH

Friday

Gladewater at Sabine

Man, your softball knowledge has really shown on this one. Gladewater beats Spring Hill - White Oak beats Sabine, Mineola, Gilmer. Not saying these two teams are dominant teams, but you dont make an arrogant statement like that and then not be able to back it up. These two teams are definately better than what people have given them credit for.

Redsweet you are so right! I under estimated how important the battle for LAST place would be!!!!

Your wisdom is a minute of my life I will never get back!

The questionable errors even occur at the D1 college level. The scorebook will charge an error on a hard hit ball that takes a bad hop at the ss or 3B and then give a hit on a routine play that was fumbled. I think they want to protect the pitchers ERA and psyche. That or they see a different game than we do.

Stats are stats, and most of the time the only people that care about stats are parents. Coaches look for players to put the ball in play whether it's a hit, an error, a sac, or just moves the runner around. There are not many teams that consistently play flawless defense. OB% is by far one of the most important stats in high school softball. I have not seen very many teams that were perfect. It also does not matter what the sports reporter prints for SH because both coaches keep their own books and use those stats to pick all-district. Most of the girls in this district will never play college ball, and if they are good enough to play, college coaches know what they are getting from these players. SH and Sabine should decide 1st and 2nd on Tuesday. If Mineola wins out, they are in. If Gilmer wins out, they are in. If WO wins out, they are in. It will be a dog fight for 3rd place. Good luck to all these teams. There have been some really good and competitive games in this district. If WO gets in. it could be interesting in the play-offs because they have already beat Mt.Vernon and Bullard this year. Don't count this district out in the play-offs because there are some good teams that can beat anyone on any given day. My two cents as a fan.

So true about the stats, but in defense of others...who do you think picks all east texas and all state? I know all state your coach nominates but I believe the Sportswriters actually have the final say. There are a couple of girls in that district that will probably go on to play college ball. For one, Mineola and Sabine have one each going on and I believe that eventuall the pitcher from SH could if that is what she wants, I know she plays at the college look level so, I, with my fan opinion, do believe that stats count to others than just the parents...the players definitely care! I agree also OB% is as pure a stat as you can get. Also the college coaches aren't particularly interested in the High School level other than the leadership of the athlete. They are going to be more interested in what they do on the field with their summer/travel team and what they see at the College Look tournaments. I also believe that if the coaches keep their own book then turn in that information or at least if you are going to report SH take the opposing teams information whether you agree to it or not. But as I have said before, it isn't going to change until you get out of SH district unless HE doesn't continue to keep the book for SH and I don't think there is a chance of that happening. All District is small compared to All State. I've seen a player not get the local honors but get the All State and then I've seen some get All State that suprised me and I don't even have a daughter playing any longer. I do wish all the teams good luck. Looks as though it could be either SH or Sabine to take first in their district. Good luck to all.

SH --7

SABINE--3

MINEOLA--7

GILMER --6

WO ----- 3

GW------ 2

STANDING AS OF 4/15 WITH 1 GAME LEFT:

SH ------- 7-2

SABINE --- 6-3

MINEOLA - 5-4

WO ----- 4-5

GILMER --- 3-6

GW ------ 2-7

GAMES ON THE 18TH:

SH VS GILMER

WO VS MINEOLA

SABINE VS GW

Sabine and SH are in the playoffs. Mineola and WO play to determine 3rd place. WO started district 0-4. That would be a huge comeback for them to make the playoffs after digging themselves such a big hole. Good luck to all teams and especially the 15-3A teams in the playoffs.