15 3A

wistler40

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't count White Oak out, they are always stronger the second round of district. I didn't think the pitcher was doing poorly, but maybe she has changed something and will make the adjustment. None the less, they could sneak up on you.

From what I've seen of the White Oak pitcher, she's just the victim of a bad infield; that's a bad omen for a groundball pitcher. From what I saw when they played Gladewater, I'd be more concerned of the offense. They're not doing some of the same things they were doing earlier in the year.

Concerning pitchers in general, it's been tough, especially with the stats softball seems to keep, to determine where the pitching ends and the fielding (or lack of) begins. Would be cool if somebody would start using newer statistics like the FIPS (Fielding-Independent Pitching Statistic).

As for Rileigh, she had a great bat on her. She is missed in the lineup. With her and Freeman which also graduated were hared hitters along with Sandy. Sabine is doing nicely filling the spots, I see them getting stronger through the lineup. They have some good sized freshmen that once they get a little more relaxed at the plate will start hitting harder. It's always hard to shake the Freshman jitters.

From the reports I was getting during the SH game Sabine has some hitters....heard they walked James intentionally, then decided not to and she promply laced a double....one heck of a ball player. As far as losing Barber from my earlier post...by losing her you take James out of her natural position...lets be honest....she is one of the best catchers to come out of East Texas in the last few years....well , my opinion anyway..and thats what I meant by I didnt think they would be as strong...

As far as White Oak, never would have thought they would be winless in district...Saw them play SH in the championship of their tournament and was impressed with there hitting...shortstop Wilson is a stud...there infield wasnt the best I have seen but they werent bad that night either...so I dont know what has happened...because as bad as its been in the first half it can always change in the second half of district...

• 2 weeks later...

DOES ANYONE KNOW THE SCORE ON THE MINEOLA VS. GLADEWATER FROM MONDAY

THE STANDINGS GOING INTO THE GAMES ON THE 8TH:

SH..... 6-1

SABINE....5-2

MINEOLA...... EITHER 4-3 OR 3-4

GILMER..... 3-4

WO .... 2-5

GLADEWATER.... EITHER 1-6 OR 2-5

DOES ANYONE KNOW THE SCORE ON THE MINEOLA VS. GLADEWATER FROM MONDAY

THE STANDINGS GOING INTO THE GAMES ON THE 8TH:

SH..... 6-1

SABINE....5-2

MINEOLA...... EITHER 4-3 OR 3-4

GILMER..... 3-4

WO .... 2-5

GLADEWATER.... EITHER 1-6 OR 2-5

I heard Gladewater beat Spring Hill. Is that true!!!!

GILMER VS WO CANCELLED DUE TO LIGHTING. WO WAS UP 8 TO 1 IN THE 4TH. WILL HAVE TO START GAME ALL OVER. GAME IS SHEDULED FOR WED.

HEARD SH LOST 2-1 ON UNEARNED RUNS.

NO DISRESPECT TO GLADEWATER JUST WHAT I HEARD.

NOW MAKES THE STANDINGS:

SH...........6-2

SABINE.....6-2

MINEOLA...4-4

GILMER.....(WILL BE EITHER) .. 4-4 OR 3-5

WO .........(WILL BE EITHER) .. 3-5 OR 2-6

GLADEWATER..... 2-6

That was shocking score for SH/Glad. I don't really think anyone cares if the runs were unearned or not because you have to score more runs than the other team to win! Looks like WO needs a victory tonight to still have a shot at the playoffs. Them having to redo a whole game you were up big in has got to be no fun. Was the game in Gilmer or WO I wonder lol? Looks like Sabine clinched a playoff slot since they have all the tie breakers over Gilmer and Mineola. SH I know is 1-1 versus Mineola and not sure about against Gilmer so can't say they have clinched. Do SH/Sabine play Friday? Paper said they don't play til Tuesday?

That was shocking score for SH/Glad. I don't really think anyone cares if the runs were unearned or not because you have to score more runs than the other team to win! Looks like WO needs a victory tonight to still have a shot at the playoffs. Them having to redo a whole game you were up big in has got to be no fun. Was the game in Gilmer or WO I wonder lol? Looks like Sabine clinched a playoff slot since they have all the tie breakers over Gilmer and Mineola. SH I know is 1-1 versus Mineola and not sure about against Gilmer so can't say they have clinched. Do SH/Sabine play Friday? Paper said they don't play til Tuesday?

WELL YOU MIGHT WANT TO THINK AGAIN :thumbsup: I AM SURE THAT THE WINNING TEAM DOESN'T CARE BUT I BET SH CARES ABOUT THE 2 UNEARNED RUNS THAT THEY GAVE AWAY WHICH COST THEM THE GAME.

I am sure it matters to SH just like it matters to all the teams about unearned runs. But it seams that an error on the opposing team is a hit when you play SH. I am sorry to be that way but I've seen it go between the SS legs and SH calls it a hit. Well, I am sure Coach Comfort is working the girl's tails off for their errors and they will be coming out strong Tuesday. Sabine has got to work just as hard as they have all season and definitely hit through the lineup just as they are capable of doing and make NO true errors. I'm sure that is the same goal for SH.

:happy65:

Any team on any given day. Wow Well looks like were going to have a shoot out with Springhill on Tuesday. I can't handle another 18 inning game like last year. Congradulations to both teams, coaches and staff. This is HS athletics at its best. :Call Grandpaw and uncle Harry, lets all go to the big game Tuesday. There will be no loosers at this game, only Winners and Champions[ /b]:notworthy:

Go Cardinals

Sabine Cardinals District Champions 2007

Sabine Cardinals District Champions 2008 after Tuesday :thumbsup:

I am sure it matters to SH just like it matters to all the teams about unearned runs. But it seams that an error on the opposing team is a hit when you play SH. I am sorry to be that way but I've seen it go between the SS legs and SH calls it a hit. Well, I am sure Coach Comfort is working the girl's tails off for their errors and they will be coming out strong Tuesday. Sabine has got to work just as hard as they have all season and definitely hit through the lineup just as they are capable of doing and make NO true errors. I'm sure that is the same goal for SH.

Are you referring to the ball that went between the Sabine shortstops legs in the late innings? Even though I wasnt there I was on the phone with a parent who was..this girl normally doesnt do that but thats what makes this sport so much fun to watch....but back to my question....who from SH called it a hit...it was an obvious error...just curious

Well, the only two extra hits they could have recorded that wasn't recorded by the Sabine scorebook was the one off the 3rd basemans glove which I would say came so quickly at her it would he a hit and the one that went between the legs of the ss. It was reported in the LNJ with the strike outs for the Sabine pitcher also incorrect. I say if they are going to report both sides then be unbiased. The information was not consolidated from both teams as it normally is when reported.

Everyone is accustomed to the way the scorekeeper keeps the Spring Hill book. Don't think no one else sees the bias, there's just not many that will voice it. But that is the benefit of being a reporter, huh? Just hope the district realigns and you don't have to be on the other side of the book for a couple of years. Don't get me wrong, Spring Hill plays the game and plays it well, but their opponent plays just as hard and sometimes just as well, I just say give them all a fair shake. But I would assume that other teams do the same.

Well, the only two extra hits they could have recorded that wasn't recorded by the Sabine scorebook was the one off the 3rd basemans glove which I would say came so quickly at her it would he a hit and the one that went between the legs of the ss. It was reported in the LNJ with the strike outs for the Sabine pitcher also incorrect. I say if they are going to report both sides then be unbiased. The information was not consolidated from both teams as it normally is when reported.

I totally agree, but if I am not mistaken the LNJ only prints what the coaches call in and we all know that there are some coaches that think a hit no matter whose glove it bounces off, whose legs it goes between, etc... they call that a hit..The one between the SS was an error....well, let me clear that up...while getting play by play the parent said it went right between her legs and was hit kinda hard but should have been caught...in my books, thats a error..But I promise I will not miss the next game between Sabine and SH

A specific reporter from the LNJ does the SH games, and has for several years. So I understand what the complaint is about. He is about the most biased reporter I have ever seen. He reported one year that an all-district player from SH played "flawless defense" in district play. I personally saw this player make three errors in two district games, so that statement was not true. I also know that this reporter was present at the games in which the errors were made. Then when the all ET teams came out, this person is the Defensive MVP. Then I realized he was just covering his tracks. He will make sure the SH players get honors whether deserved or not. I have no problem when someone deserves an honor regardless where they attend school, but this reporter is not unbiased. Even some of the SH fans have been embarassed by his reporting. I do not have anything against the SH people, just the reporter.

Longview News Journal

Thursday April 10, 2008

White Oak 5, Gilmer 0

Gilmer—Haley Walters tossed a three-hit shutout and collected half of White Oak's hits, leading the Ladynecks to a 5-0 District 15-3A win over Gilmer.

Walters doubled, singled twice and scored a run and Danae Cunningham added a double for the Ladynecks.

Briana Boyle went 2-for-3 in the loss for Gilmer.

That means the standings are

SPRING HILL..........6-2

SABINE.................6-2

MINEOLA...............4-4

WHITE OAK.............3-5

GILMER...................3-5

GLADEWATER...........2-6