2008 Grammys [YAWN!]

cheaptrick77

Rhetorical question (please do not answer):

Am I...

• growing old
  • out of the proverbial "loop", or................
  • too sophisticated as a music fan to waste my time with mediocrity

???

...because I have never heard ANY of the "Record Of The Year" nominees:

• "Rehab" -- Amy Winehouse (winner) Who? :ermm:
  • "Irreplaceable" -- Beyoncé Knowles
  • "The Pretender" -- Foo Fighters
  • "Umbrella" -- Rihanna featuring Jay-Z
  • "What Goes Around.../...Comes Around" -- Justin Timberlake

^ but, I have, of course, heard of the Foo Fighters

I see Slayer won their second consecutive "Best Metal Performance" Grammy ... so, there is a little good news from last night...

Guest CNOrtega

I find it wonderfully appropriate that Amy Winehouse got popular for her song about rehab and then promptly went to rehab. Fighters should have won.

Guest imyahuckleberry
I like Amy Whinehouse's sound. It has an old retro feel.

Ditto, first time I'd heard her last night. Just wish thats all I had done was heard her.

She's doing some good drugs from what I SAW of her.

I feel ya Cheapy. I didn't care for any of it at all but my wife took over the T.V. in order to watch it. The rapper ,Cain West, made a fool of himself by getting up there and saying that he owned the Grammy's. :wacko: He has one song that has absolutely been worn out on the radio. I simply cannot stand for it to come on anymore and change the station as soon as it does. I did get tickled when Vince Gill got back at him when he got up to accept his award from Ringo Star. Thought that was pretty clever. :whome:

As far as Amy Whinehouse goes, it is a sad day when a known dope head it idolized to the point of sweeping the Grammy's. Just think of how many of your dollars she spends on drugs everytime you buy one of her CDs. It is not sobering to know that you are enabling a dope head by buying their CDs???? Go ahead, take another hit, I'll help you buy some more. :no:

The whole Kanye West Album was by far the best rap album of 07. And Amy Winehouse isn't for me.

cheaptrick77, I sure you have heard of Beyonce or at least seen her. She's did movies like Dreamgirls, the 3rd Austin Powers movie playing as Foxy Cleopatra (sp). She has talent able to sing fluently in languages such as French, Japanese, etc. She has talent when she sings ballads and not actual dance music.

But my musical taste has went down hill because I don't go to hip hop/techno clubs in Lubbock. I have one club left and, prolly will start going to it as soon as my friends gets better on his ankle. Wild West and I'm going 4 the two step and hear some George Strait...

Speaking of Strait, he's coming to Lubbock and tickets are $70 for the good seats..

cheaptrick77, I sure you have heard of Beyonce or at least seen her.

Yes, I know who she is & there is nothing particularly special about her, IMHO.

I was referring more to the fact that I have never heard any of the "Record Of The Year" nominees :)