Tiger Woods

CrankThatCrabtree

• 7 years later...

I tried to find the thread would Tiger Woods ever win another Major, but couldn't. His last was the U.S. Open on June 16, 2008. That's almost 7 years ago, since he won a Major. He is still 4 behind Nicklaus, and I don't think he'll catch him. He only needs 4 more wins to surpass Sam Snead, and I don't think he'll get there. I heard that he injured his wrist today, but only finished 18th, and he is out of the top 100.

I tried to find the thread would Tiger Woods ever win another Major, but couldn't. His last was the U.S. Open on June 16, 2008. That's almost 7 years ago, since he won a Major. He is still 4 behind Nicklaus, and I don't think he'll catch him. He only needs 4 more wins to surpass Sam Snead, and I don't think he'll get there. I heard that he injured his wrist today, but only finished 18th, and he is out of the top 100.

I know health is a big concern for Tiger, but I think this weekend went a long way to proving he still has the ability to be competitive and even win some of the big ones.

I don't think he passes Jack, but I do think he gets by Snead

I know health is a big concern for Tiger, but I think this weekend went a long way to proving he still has the ability to be competitive and even win some of the big ones.

I don't think he passes Jack, but I do think he gets by Snead

All that matters to golf is that he plays. Good or bad, more people are watching and attending when he is there than when he is not there.

All that matters to golf is that he plays. Good or bad, more people are watching and attending when he is there than when he is not there.

I think that is less and less of an issue. A recent study had Rory being more marketable than Tiger. Add in young players like Speith, Johnson, and Fowler and I think the PGA Tour has the face of the future.

I'm a huge Tiger fan, but I'm trying to be objective. I'm not so sure Tiger will beat Jack's record in majors, but I do believe he'll win at least one more major. I also believe he'll break Snead's record. All of this is presuming he's able to walk the next 10 years. He finished tied for 17th today and I thought it was an incredible effort considering the circumstances. He probably would have shot under par today if he hadn't hit that stump and knocked a joint out. He pushed it back in and finished. I still think he's one of the 10 best golfers when healthy.

He would destroy the senior tour. The hole distance is comparable to the women's game if I remember correctly

You evidently haven't been watching him lately. It's not his long game that's killing his score card, it's his short game ....

He can still bomb his tee shots and long irons, he just can't pitch, chip and put like he did when he was #1 ranked.

You evidently haven't been watching him lately. It's not his long game that's killing his score card, it's his short game ....

He can still bomb his tee shots and long irons, he just can't pitch, chip and put like he did when he was #1 ranked.

His short game looked pretty good in Augusta

His short game looked pretty good in Augusta

He's not consistent at all. His short game is by far the worst part of his game for the most part .... The other problem he has is can he hold up physically playing ever week, my guess is no. That's why you see him tuning up before the majors and not playing as much as he did before. He realizes he only has so many more rounds left in his joints and he is trying to conserve himself for the majors to cut down on wear and tear and possible injuries. I don't think it works that way ... he can't just turn it on and off like that. If he can't keep up week to week, I seriously doubt he has a snowballs chance at getting back near the top of the rankings. Like everyone else, he is actually human and his biological clock is ticking. That's not a knock against him, it's just the truth ....

• 1 month later...

Love to play golf, don't play as much the last few years due to neck and back problems. Golf is the greatest sport ever devised in my opinion. I understand why people hate the game ... it's just too much of a challenge for most....

Or expensive...boring....definitely not a poor mans game. But then again all sports are getting just plum ridiculous on cost. I'm slowly but surely outfitting my personal gym and I'm already 5G's in the hole and I'm not even close to being finished.