Waskom.....1 and 2

Troup.........0 and 1 & Mup

Timpson......0 and 2

West Rusk...0 and 2

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did anyone else get a game in this week?

Between the TAKS Test and the Weather.

Garrison/EF cancelled Mon due to weather. (resch. 4/15 I think)

Make up Garrison/Tatum cancelled Wed.???

Fri: Garrison vs. Timpson ( resch.Mon.)

SO, No games this week :thumbdown:

March 11 District 21 2A Standing

E.F...........2 and 0

Tatum......3 and 0 & MUP

Arp...........1 and 0 & MUP

Garrison.....1 and 0 & Mup

Waskom.....1 and 2

Troup.........0 and 2 & Mup

Timpson......0 and 2

West Rusk...0 and 2

Tatum can't be that good they only have three girls that can hit, I only see the same three girls name in the paper every week. Apparently it must just be a three man team.

There a good team..Errors killed Troup in the 5-2 loss and baseruniing..But, Tatum took advantage of it and won the game..No excuses..

March 12 District 21 2A Standing

E.F...........2 and 0

Tatum......3 and 0 & MUP

Arp...........1 and 0 & MUP

Garrison.....1 and 0 & Mup

Troup.........1 and 2 & Mup

Waskom.....1 and 3

Timpson......0 and 2

West Rusk...0 and 2

Tatum can't be that good they only have three girls that can hit, I only see the same three girls name in the paper every week. Apparently it must just be a three man team.

Perhaps a "three man team"...with 6 others who can easily jack it over the fence at any given time....

There are NINE girls on the field for Tatum that play AWESOME defense.

By the way....it only takes one run to win...

I'm just saying all you ever here about in the paper is the same 3 girls does anybody else contribute?

Last time I checked it took 9 girls on the field to play defense. Tatum might only have a few girls that can jack the ball but their defense is SOLID. Tatum seems to be doing just fine with their so called "3 woman team". Give me a break, ofcourse other girls contribute....i mean wouldn't it look a little wierd with just 3 girls out on the field?

Keep up the good work Lady Eagles.

raiderfan, I couldn't tell you why they don't...I'm not a newspaper writer. I know that the 3 girls you hear about the most are the most consistant in the batter's box resulting in great batting averages along with the pitcher who is extremely talented. My daughter is not one of those 3 "newspaper" girls but has had some really "bodacious" hits resulting in RBI's and the same goes for other players on the team. Maybe we should look into some sort of web site to post game play-by-plays and complete roster stats so that everyone can see how solid Tatum really is....and other teams, too. Other than that, my only other suggestion is to go see the Lady Eagles play a game in person...then you can see what makes them a special group of young ladies to their school and fans.

If it is such a solid why dont you ever see any other names I mean come on 1 for 4 gets your name in the paper.

LOL...I don't know what you're wanting to know....defense is solid, last I checked paper doesn't list stats for defensive plays....and no, "1 for 4" doesn't always get your name in the paper.

What info are you seeking exactly, raider? Is Tatum the perfect team? No, they're not. But whatever it is that wins games for them is working and it's a huge combination of things....not just the girls with their name in lights every time the paper has a story to tell. Are there other absolutely strong players on the team? You bet! Just as solid as the one's you hear about all the time...however not always as consistant in the batter's box where the majority of the published stats come from. I watched last year as some of the players had little slumps...and others stepped up to shine...I can't tell you how or why it happens it just does and I'm sure it's not unique to Tatum. I say again...if you want to know about the team, go watch them play. Can't guarantee it will be the ballgame of a lifetime but it will certainly be a ballgame.

Okay you busted me Tatum knocked my daughters team out of the playoffs last year, and at that time they had several hitters that could smoke the ball. I haven't heard that much about many of their players this year and didn't know how many they lost from last years team. Sorry I didn't mean any harm I was just trying to do a little scouting just in case we see them again this year. Once again no harm intended.

Okay you busted me Tatum knocked my daughters team out of the playoffs last year, and at that time they had several hitters that could smoke the ball. I haven't heard that much about many of their players this year and didn't know how many they lost from last years team. Sorry I didn't mean any harm I was just trying to do a little scouting just in case we see them again this year. Once again no harm intended.

No harm, no foul raider! Tatum still has the hitters, they only lost a couple of starting seniors from last year. Most of the team you will see on the field this year with this team are juniors and sophomores, still a young team. Couple of the "heavy hitters" from last year (my daughter included) are still trying to find their mojo in the batter's box. For this year, all are starters from last year except (I think) 1B, 2B and one of the OF's and the girls playing those positions this year I believe were pretty regular in the rotation last year.