21 2A District Standings

sackem

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tatum 11, Timpson 0

TIMPSON — Lacey Liles had three hits —including a triple and a double — and stole four bases, helping Tatum blank Timpson in a District 21-2A game.

Liles also combined with Reagan Smith to pitch for the shutout, throwing the last two innings. Smith had four strikeouts in three innings for Tatum (7-1 in 21-2A).

Tatum scored six runs in the fourth inning, including a two-run double Chelsea Regas. Kolebi Hodges also had a big hitting game for Tatum, going 3-for-3 with a double and two RBIs.

Bailey Parks added two hits for Tatum, which plays a doubleheader at Garrison starting at 5 p.m. Tuesday. The first game concludes a suspended contest from earlier this season with Tatum holding a 7-1 lead in the fourth inning. The second game will follow.

Stinger1 thought some might want to read it with out skipping across. 5 girls mentioned and I thought we were a 3 girl team.

Stinger1 thought some might want to read it with out skipping across. 5 girls mentioned and I thought we were a 3 girl team.

C'mon now sackem, you know we're a growing town, I here by the end of the regular season we might actually have enough to field a whole team. :whome:

I have a question if anybody can answer it. Whos the freshman girl that slapped one off of the center field fence for a RBI triple against EF around the 3rd or 4th inning? That girl can play some ball. Looking at her you wouldn't think she had that kinda power but man can she hit, and she can scoot too.

That was the first game I've seen this year, Reagan has some nasty pitches. I'd end up throwing the bat at her if she threw me one of those nasty change ups. I swear she takes 20 mph off of it, lol.

Kolebi Hodges....just another select ball player to go with the 3 you have......there will be some great things to come from this young lady.....lets see my math now says you have 4 select ball players...and I dont mean league select ....I am talking about travel ball...and yes there is a difference...but there are a couple others on that Tatum team that are doing there job as well....Good Luck Tatum...look foward to seeing ya'll make another deep run in the playoffs

Kolebi Hodges....just another select ball player to go with the 3 you have......there will be some great things to come from this young lady.....lets see my math now says you have 4 select ball players...and I dont mean league select ....I am talking about travel ball...and yes there is a difference...but there are a couple others on that Tatum team that are doing there job as well....Good Luck Tatum...look foward to seeing ya'll make another deep run in the playoffs

What does it matter if they are select ball players? They all live in Tatum's school district and Coach Redman is likely more than happy to have them but still....whats your point? I don't see you barking up SLC's tree for having a lot of football players with their own personal trainers, personally I think thats pretty wild. High School football players with personal trainers, must be nice. But so what if the Tatum girls got tired of getting stomped and decided to further their skills by playing select ball, more power to them. I kinda got tired of seeing the program getting stomped 20-0, I remember in the first year of the program, somebody beating us like 44-0.

March 25 District Standing

Tatum.........8 and 1

Garrison......5 and 3 Mup EF

E.F..............6 and 1 Mup Garrison , & Arp (4/11)

Arp.............7 and 1 & MUP EF (4/11)

Troup..........4 and 5

Waskom......2 and 5 .. 1 short

Timpson......0 and 8 & mup ?

West Rusk...0 and 7 one short

March 24 Scores

Arp 17 Timpson 0

March 25 Scores

Tatum 9 Garrison 3

Tatum 4 Garrison 3

EF.......W Timpson L

Arp .....11 Troup....5

Tatum wins two over Garrison.

Finishing out the Suspended Game with Garrison Reagan ended up with 11 Strike outs The final score was 9 to 3.

In the second Game Reagan had six strike outs and added a double to help herself with the win.. Lacy Liles went 3 for 4 with a tripple and a double. Adrianna went 2 for 4 with a double and a Tripple. CC also had two hits.Kolebi and Taylor each added a hit .Final Score Tatum 4 Garrison 3

Tatum wins two over Garrison.

Finishing out the Suspended Game with Garrison Raygan ended up with 11 Strike outs The final score was 9 to 3.

In the second Game Raygan had six strike outs and added a double to help herself with the win.. Lacy Liles went 3 for 4 with a tripple and a double. Adrianna went 2 for 4 with a double and a Tripple. CC also had two hits.Kolebi and Taylor each added a hit .Final Score Tatum 4 Garrison 3

Sackem sounds like Lacy Liles is working everybody over at the plate and in the field and Reagan Smith is sitting folks down left and right. I will for sure be on hand when these ladies come to EF.

Sackem sounds like Lacy Liles is working everybody over at the plate and in the field and Reagan Smith is sitting folks down left and right. I will for sure be on hand when these ladies come to EF.
OUR COACH IS DOING A GREAT JOB CALLING THE PLAYS AT BAT , PITCHES WE ARE LUCKY TO HAVE HER AND WE ALL KNOW SHE BROUGHT THE TEAM BACK FROM OUR FIRST DISTRICT UPSET SHE KNOWS HOW TO GET THE MOST OUT OF HER GIRLS I JUST HOPE CARTHAGE DOES NOT TRY TO HIRE HER I UNDERSTAND SOME OTHER LOCAL SCHOOL HAS MADE CONTACT

Yeah, Reagan has some nasty stuff. I said it before and I'll say it again, shes got a change up that I'd end up throwing the bat at her if she threw it to me. Its hard to set on any of her pitches, she mixes it up pretty well. From what I can tell she has two different change ups, one that takes a lil bit off of if, and one that floats up there about 15-20 mph slower than her fast ball(thats the one that has the girls looking stupid when she throws it, kinda like they swing at it twice, lol). I think it would be 10 times harder to hit off of her than all of the baseball pitchers i faced in high school, maybe i can go by one of their practices and see if coach Redman will let me take a few hacks, lol.

Sounds like Tatum is doing good! :thumbsup:

What grade is this RayAnn that is pitching for Tatum? Is she the same pitcher they had last year?

They have some really good ball players. I wish u lots of luck, girls!

Sackem got a little mixed up, its actually Reagan rather than RayAnn. I do believe shes just a junior. In fact if I'm not mistaken there is just 2 seniors on the team possibly 3. The studs are coming back next year, Reagan, L. Liles, A. Gonzalez....Kolebi Hodges is just a freshmen and she can jack it and several more great players will be returning. Tatum is going to be really stacked next year in softball.

Sackem got a little mixed up, its actually Reagan rather than RayAnn. I do believe shes just a junior. In fact if I'm not mistaken there is just 2 seniors on the team possibly 3. The studs are coming back next year, Reagan, L. Liles, A. Gonzalez....Kolebi Hodges is just a freshmen and she can jack it and several more great players will be returning. Tatum is going to be really stacked next year in softball.

I didn't think there were any seniors on the team??

I didn't think there were any seniors on the team??

That is possible, somebody at one of the games told me 2 or 3 seniors but he could have been mistaken as well. Either way you look at it Tatum is going to have a pretty salty team, should do quite well in 3A.

i know i may take some flak for this, but i think tatum is a little overrated. they had a great run last year in the playoffs, and got hot. i just don't think they are as good as advertised. they're good, don't get me wrong, but i don't think they are as a good as people say. just my opinion

i know i may take some flak for this, but i think tatum is a little overrated. they had a great run last year in the playoffs, and got hot. i just don't think they are as good as advertised. they're good, don't get me wrong, but i don't think they are as a good as people say. just my opinion

TRUE THAT TRUE THAT!!!!

again, tatum is a good team. however, i don't think tatum can beat harmony and harleton out of that district, and i don't think they can beat quitman or edgewood out of that district. i also think cooper and mt. pleasant chapel hill are more talented as well. but softball is a weird game. the best team doesn't always win.........it's the team that executes better for 7 innings