12 4A

Flamethrowers

who is looking good in 12 4A this year. Predictions on who will win this district?

1) Hallsville is off to a slow start but should still be the one to beat.

2) Marshall will be good they have most of their girls back and a good coach to boot.

3) Henderson with a new look should be strong enough to finish this high

4) Whitehouse lost alot of players last year, key injuries to a couple of good players this year

5) Nac may be pretty good

6) Pinetree could sneak up on anyone on a given day and beat them

7) Kilgore they are about the same as last year without Savoney

8) Jacksonville they are bad

My opinion

Hallsville should have the team to beat, they return alot of good players, and pitchers. Where is Whitehouse this year I expected them to be a tough team also. As for Kilgore they are going keep loading till we get the right shells in the chamber. After losing a few distractions, and rearranging several times, their play has improved. I wouldn't be suprised to see them pick off a few teams by the end of District.

Marshall 10-0 over Whitehouse in six innings tonight.

Lady Mavs 14 hits, Erin Young tosses a three-hitter.

Henderson over Kilgore 9-1. Kilgore had three hits and the Henderson pitchers struck out 16 Kilgore batters. Henderson plays at Jacksonville Friday then at Pine Tree Tuesday.

Nac hasn't played a district game yet. Should have played Pine Tree Monday night, but rescheduled to Thursday because of rain. Pine Tree got to Nac and unloaded the bus, only to be rained out again! They had a long ride here just to eat at CiCi's pizza. Nac is scheduled to play Whitehouse tonight, but we had a lot of rain last night and snow all morning - so I don't expect to play tonight either - not to mention the freezing temps! Pine Tree game is supposed to be made up on Monday at 5:00. Haven't heard anything about the Whitehouse game.