"I would love to play for the Cowboys, America's Team"

This kid is SO devoid of common sense that he deserves to sit at home indefinitely. Oh wait, he doesn't understand the concept of "sitting home." As he's proven, his idea of "sitting home" continues to be frequenting his local gentlemen's club (against the express wishes of the NFL). And can you believe his attorney is shopping this ne're do well out to speak at colleges? Talk about being blind to reality!

Maybe I'm naive, but I refuse to believe this guy will ever be a Cowboy.

Yea Pac-Man...Right...and Jason Kidd is on the Mavericks again...

...wait...

Not sure how the two are related..........

Jones has repeatedly demonstrated he's not capable of meeting the standards of conduct set forth by the NFL He's given no one any reason to believe he's ever going to change.

To me, the Kidd thing is only a surprise because of the talent they gave up to bring him back.

Not sure how the two are related..........

Jones has repeatedly demonstrated he's not capable of meeting the standards of conduct set forth by the NFL He's given no one any reason to believe he's ever going to change.

To me, the Kidd thing is only a surprise because of the talent they gave up to bring him back.

not saying the cases were related...its just that alot of people didnt want it to happen, and didnt think it was going to happen...and look what happened...

I think Pac might actually end up as a cowboy if hes back in the league

I wouldn't say that I would want it to, but I could see it happening. I mean, we did take on Terrell Owens, the locker room cancer. Don't forget about Tank Johnson. Both of those have turned out pretty well. Seems like when players come in here, they straighten up pretty well. If we can get him with an incentive laiden deal, sign him. Just like T.O., if he wants something bad enough, he'll do what it takes to play. Dangle that money infront of his face and yank it back if he screws up. He's has to make the money to throw at the ladies baby. Gots ta "let it rain"

Apparently he has not wanted to play football bad enough since he has continually screwed up since his suspension. He has been given chance after chance and yet all he does is get into trouble. As much as i despise (sp) TO...he has not been arrested numerous times nor has he been involved where someone was shot and paralyzed like da pacman. If you want to stay " Americas Team " ( which is laughable anyways ) you can't bring in a guy like him.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Jhn4McCain08

Sports in the newspaper today 03/21/08 stated officially the Cowboys are trying to work out a trade for Pacman......

Any details about it does someone know??

Any thoughts?

here's a good article. i agree with it but have him on a very short leash.

Eatman: At Right Price, Cowboys Should Grab Jones

Nick Eatman - Email

DallasCowboys.com Staff Writer

March 23, 2008 9:21 PM

Adam Jones has made it clear he would like to play for the Cowboys as his next team.

IRVING, Texas - What's the saying about where there is smoke, there's usually fire?

Something definitely seems to be burning somewhere between Dallas and Tennessee these days regarding a particular defensive back.

Now depending on what you read and where you read it, it's starting to sound as if Pacman is already chomping his way to the Cowboys.

Some reports have said a deal between the Cowboys and Titans that would send Adam "Pacman" Jones to Valley Ranch is all but done.

It appears a more accurate story is both sides have indeed discussed a potential trade, but nothing has been close to finalized. There are several other factors involved here, mostly stemming from Jones' current NFL suspension that has yet to be lifted by commissioner Roger Goodell.

In fact, the league has stated it doesn't plan on making a decision on potentially reinstating Jones until just before training camp. Obviously, Jones and his camp are pushing for an earlier timetable.

However, Jones doesn't have to be reinstated to be traded to another team. And that's where the Cowboys and possibly some other teams will get into the picture.

Earlier this week, ESPN had reported New England and Detroit were interested in Jones' services, along with the Cowboys. But it remains clear the Cowboys would be Jones' ideal destination, something he even said publicly in an interview last month.

OK, so this is real now. Don't know if it will happen, but obviously this story has some legs.

And the facts are all here.

Pacman wants to play for the Cowboys. The Cowboys obviously are somewhat interested. The Cowboys still need a cornerback, and getting a dynamic punt returner wouldn't hurt, either.

For the right price, which is always the key, I say pull the trigger on this deal.

OK, maybe not the best choice of words, but you get the point. The Cowboys could use Jones. He wants to play for the Cowboys. So the two words that keep ringing in my head are "Why not?"

If your line of thinking suggests there is no way the Cowboys could risk the possible headaches that would come with acquiring Pacman Jones - think again. .

Cowboys owner Jerry Jones isn't known so much for giving players a second chance. He's made more headlines by giving players the third, fourth and sometimes fifth chances.

That's what Jerry does.

What chance would Pacman actually be on here? Hmmm, conventional wisdom would probably say that if that number is too high to count, then you should probably steer clear of him all together.

And that's not a bad way of thinking. But in this case, or any case for that matter, it all comes down to the investment.

Would you buy an old Mustang convertible you saw online that has some engine trouble, needs a paint job, some body work and a new AC, and spend $1,500 for it? Let's just say probably not.

But if it was for $100 and someone just wanted it out of their driveway, you might consider it, knowing you still need to do some work on it.

OK, so you're driving the car home, and it suddenly stalls and dies on you, let's say right in front of, oh I don't know, maybe some rundown strip club or something - would you be that upset about your investment?

You would be if you actually dipped into your savings for it. But if you can get by with taking a minimal risk with the potential for a high reward, then why not?

Back to those words again - why not?

Because he's had a run-in with the law a time or two, or eight?

Now this is where some of you might strongly disagree, but I don't think it's the Cowboys' obligation to produce choir boys. It's just not. Never has been. It's not the obligation for any team in any sport.

Let me be clear about that. I'm not saying you go out and recreate The Longest Yard for your football team. But at the same time, your goal is to win football games. And you do that by surrounding yourself with good football players.

If our judicial system says this guy is free to walk around in our society, and if the NFL, at some point, allows him to play football once again, then why should the Cowboys, or any team for that matter, not try to better themselves with his services?

See, the Cowboys have an advantage over many other teams.

The same reason Jones wants to play for this team is the same reason it makes sense to me.

He's not going to hurt anything.

Jones wants to play for the Cowboys because of their image, their mystique and the fact he grew up rooting for them.

So let's say, this guy can't change his ways. Let's say the same trouble that surrounded him in college at West Virginia and the last few years in Tennessee, follows him to Dallas.

OK, so the Cowboys cut him. Just like that. No questions asked, in my opinion.

This guy will come here, or any team, with two strikes against him. He has no room for error.

So he goes out and messes up again. Is he going to hurt the Cowboys' image? Is he going to mess up team chemistry? Is he going to prevent any more of a negative backlash to Jerry Jones that isn't already there?

No, no and no.

Oh well, you have to take risks . . . when they make sense!

It made sense to keep giving Michael Irvin a chance because not only was he an outstanding player, but an even better teammate. Any distraction he might have been off the field, he made up for it double on the field and five times in the locker room.

It made sense to sign Terrell Owens, who really shouldn't be linked together with Irvin, Pacman Jones or Tank Johnson, because he hasn't been in trouble with the law.

Still, he was a distraction to his team at one point. But it made sense for Jerry Jones to bring him here. The Cowboys needed him. Owens needed a team. It has worked, and no one can honestly argue that point.

As for Johnson, this is similar to Pacman's case. You're not paying him much at all. Johnson was a free agent, and he's getting the league-minimum of $520,000 with no signing bonus.

What risk is that? None. And what have we heard from Tank Johnson? Nothing.

Pacman could be different because to get him, the Cowboys might have to trade for him, which means trading for his contract that calls for him to earn $1.25 million in base salary.

The Cowboys would certainly like to re-work that deal, but that could be tricky. Still, that isn't too bad of a deal. If he acts up, you can cut him and you're not taking a huge hit because he won't have much of a signing bonus, if any at all.

Now, that's not much of a risk.

If he was a draft prospect and you were thinking of taking him in the first round and giving up millions in guaranteed money, that's a different story. That's why the Cowboys couldn't draft Randy Moss 10 years ago. And that's why Tennessee will be in the hole for a few years because the Titans will be eating Pacman's contract.

But the Cowboys wouldn't have that problem.

If indeed this thing goes down, and who knows if it will, it doesn't seem like a horrible move at all.

Here's a chance to get first-round talent at a position that is definitely a need, at a cost you can certainly afford.

Sure, there are off-the-field concerns. But at some point - at some point - this guy has to decide if he wants to be a football player. Does he want to be someone with loads of talent who couldn't stay out of trouble and washes his career away, or does he want to turn his life around and continue to make millions of dollars doing something he is very good at?

That's a decision only Pacman can make. And if the decision is the latter, then from the Cowboys' standpoint, it comes back to those two words:

Why not?

It doesn't really matter what Chad Johnson wants....Chad Johnson signed a contract with the Bengals. Chad Johnson agreed to play football for the Cincinatti Bengals and get paid a very nice salary to do so. He is a big ole cry baby. I think he may realize along with the Bengals that his value won't be as high as he thinks it should be.

Yesterday CJ said he would play arena ball before he suited up for the Bengals. Im sure someone in his camp, with half a brain, has pointed out how obviously ignorant that would be. It is getting harder to watch NFL football every year. Kids like CJ are destroying what men like Swann/Dickerson/Butkis devoted their lives to. What a shame.

Yesterday CJ said he would play arena ball before he suited up for the Bengals. Im sure someone in his camp, with half a brain, has pointed out how obviously ignorant that would be. It is getting harder to watch NFL football every year. Kids like CJ are destroying what men like Swann/Dickerson/Butkis devoted their lives to. What a shame.

Chad Johnson has Lynn Swann's career's worth of catches in his 4 best seasons. The Bengals are a poorly ran franchise, Ocho wants to win and he is frustrated that his front office can't figure out how to evaluate defensive talent. CJ has a loud mouth but I would say he would be less of a risk than T.O. was.... I think that is working out pretty fantastically but some people would say otherwise..... dumb people.

Yes I know Swann had some good super bowls, so did Doug Williams and Jim Plunkett and Timmy Smith... doesn't mean they should be mentioned as what everyone wishes the NFL players of today are like.