Whitehouse football

Holmes_Fans

4A-5A spread is different then 3A spread. Lower class spread is just getting the teams playmaker in open space and let him use his skills to break it. Whitehouse will be having 4-5 fast top notch recievers out at all times with a D1 QB that has the vision to see all of them and throw to whoever he wants. They should have a better run game this year also. Secondary is going to be complete lock down. Who knows though, the past few years whitehouse has started the season out slow and rocky, so its possible for celina to win. Its a good thing that this game is played later and not like week 0 or 1. Wh JV & Fresh only lost like 2 total district games last year, not bad considering all the studs were stolen for varsity, and they started on varsity... We will know if Whitehouse can stop the run before this game though. Garland's Jonathan Miller (1984yrds/ 7.8 avg) whos committed to OU will test the run defense. Should expose any weakness in WH defense and any problem should be adjusted and fixed before the next game. I highly doubt celina will have any run game like this.

Heres the Garlands guy page for those interested.

http://rivals100.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?pr_key=68124

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4A-5A spread is different then 3A spread. Lower class spread is just getting the teams playmaker in open space and let him use his skills to break it. Whitehouse will be having 4-5 fast top notch recievers out at all times with a D1 QB that has the vision to see all of them and throw to whoever he wants. They should have a better run game this year also. Secondary is going to be complete lock down. Who knows though, the past few years whitehouse has started the season out slow and rocky, so its possible for celina to win. Its a good thing that this game is played later and not like week 0 or 1. Wh JV & Fresh only lost like 2 total district games last year, not bad considering all the studs were stolen for varsity, and they started on varsity... We will know if Whitehouse can stop the run before this game though. Garland's Jonathan Miller (1984yrds/ 7.8 avg) whos committed to OU will test the run defense. Should expose any weakness in WH defense and any problem should be adjusted and fixed before the next game. I highly doubt celina will have any run game like this.

Celina has all three of there running backs back from last year two of the running backs are three year starters and the third back was a freshman who will be a shop. The only starters on offense that have to be replaced are three O lineman and the QB. Our offense averaged i believe it was around 47 points per game last season.

Heres the Garlands guy page for those interested.

http://rivals100.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?pr_key=68124

You have to admit that you guys were not as good this year as you were in 06. The big difference being on defense.And I agee Attaway will pobably not see another team like Waco unless you guys get far in the playoffs, or unless he somehow has to face Longview, who will probably be better than Waco was in 06(althopugh I really don't see that happening to to guys). Still I agree Waco was Nasty.But nastier teams are out there. You may face one when you lock up with Rider.They are scarry on both sides of the ball, with more speed than Waco had. I commend the Wh coaches for seting up such a difficult non-district schedule.But it is gonna make it hard to put up another 10 win season having to play Rider,Celina, and Sulphur Springs in non-district. But hey , that is the perfect way to get ready district .If you guys end up 5-0 , I guarentee you the entire state will take notice. Even if you don't end up 5-0 the games will still pay off come playoff time

Why beat around the bush, just say it like you did on the non-homeristic site

Glad you guys are excited about this game. It will just be another game for WH though. Sure, we want to beat you just as badly as anyone (with the exception of Kilgore, of course) but my prediction is that the level of intensity will not vary up or down for the matchup for WH.

Football Crazy

The intensity will definitely be different then a game vs Forney, either

A. the players will think just because they are 4a they won't have any trouble with a 3a team, or

B. They will realize celina is definitely on their level and will work to not get embarrassed.

If Whitehouse is undefeated coming into the game, it will be a huge crowd with people from all over coming to watch. This will be most peoples game of the week.

IF whitehouse goes into that game undefeated then that means trouble for celina, because WH has a brutal pre-district and for them to win all of them would mean they have a darn good team. I would like for them to win all pre-district, but it wouldnt surprise me to see them lose a game or two.

Thats a big prediction for Celina. Considering their coaches wouldnt even answer the phone when whitehouse called to schedule a game. The only reason celina actually agreed to play this game is because they could not find anyone else and the schedules were due. How yall gonna ignore whitehouse for a month and then get forced to play them, and then expect to win big.

Bold statement saying Celina(8 State titles) was afraid to face Whitehouse(2 10 win seasons).....I doubt they avoided all calls from the Whitehouse area code....

THATS what im talking about.

bout &%$^ time for a schedule like this.

Im excited guys, if Whitehouse goes into district undefeated it WILL command some attention, Sulpher Springs with Rollison, the 9th ranked player in the NATION, AND ryan young, quick running back from alba ? Sulpher Springs is set to do some damage, and then Celina !? and not to mention playoff teams like red oak ?

that pre-district is tough but in my opinion its NEEDED, with IMO whats a weak district.

yeah im not saying all of the teams in the district arnt tough or even that Whitehouse would beat everyone, but the district OVERALL is weak. compared to others. I agree Kilgore has had Whitehouse's number and Nac will probably be a pretty good team but i mean you have to agree about the district overall.

depends on which sideline i roam.

Whitehouse, Kilgore, Nac all have serious chance at the district title based on last year.

Lindale, Henderson, Jacksonville all had rough years last year and will need to be much improved to have a chance.

i will agree that when compared to 13-4A this district would not appear as strong.

The intensity will definitely be different then a game vs Forney, either

A. the players will think just because they are 4a they won't have any trouble with a 3a team, or

B. They will realize celina is definitely on their level and will work to not get embarrassed.

If Whitehouse is undefeated coming into the game, it will be a huge crowd with people from all over coming to watch. This will be most peoples game of the week.

Well, many people might prefer to watch any number of big time east texas games that will be played that week. We are surrounded by top level talent in East Texas and I am not sure that Celina vs WH would be as big of a draw as you make it sound.

Anyway, we played Mabank and they were a decent 3A team last year. We are familiar with the differences between 3a and 4a. Mabank gave us a pretty good game for about 3 qtrs. We played poorly but came through in the end with superior depth, size, and speed. I know Celina is a step above Mabank, but the point is that I dont think the WH kids will look past Celina or underestimate them, they just wont fear them or have any attitude other than TCB.

Football Crazy

I agree. I would be suprised if Celina lost the game.

Okay... right.

Football Crazy

Hey Slick I think Whitehouse would win the game. Celina's a tough 3A team, but Whitehouse is i PROMISE a tough 4A team, they're well coached and have some talent. Attaways a Senior coming back to run the offense.

dont be suprised if Whitehouse wins it by a few points guys, since Mcfarlens been there have u noticed the talent level go up ? luke shivers - TCU running back, Jimmy kennedy - TJC reciever, Stephen Hicks - Signed with Colorodo. ..... they have some talent with some great coaches is all im saying.

Bold statement saying Celina(8 State titles) was afraid to face Whitehouse(2 10 win seasons).....I doubt they avoided all calls from the Whitehouse area code....

Well, when you say "doubt" that means you dont know for a fact. You are just going to have to take the word of people who would be in the position to know.

Football Crazy

dont be suprised if Whitehouse wins it by a few points guys, since Mcfarlens been there have u noticed the talent level go up ? luke shivers - TCU running back, Jimmy kennedy - TJC reciever, Stephen Hicks - Signed with Colorodo. ..... they have some talent with some great coaches is all im saying.

The talent level is about to go up dramatically. It has never been, and likely will never be again, what it will be in the seasons of 2009 and 2010. THe only question is will that young talent be ready as sophs in 2008?

Football Crazy

yeah ive heard the young talent at whitehouse is out of this world. but i havnt seen it.

Well, did you not watch any varsity football games last fall? If you did, you saw both Quincy and Trey playing on the varsity. Quincy was the district newcomer. Those were two Freshmen that contributed last year.

Football Crazy

Well, did you not watch any varsity football games last fall? If you did, you saw both Quincy and Trey playing on the varsity. Quincy was the district newcomer. Those were two Freshmen that contributed last year.

Football Crazy

I agree, anytime your roster consists of 80+ players and a freshman sees significant playing time, hes usually a special athlete,

The talent level is about to go up dramatically. It has never been, and likely will never be again, what it will be in the seasons of 2009 and 2010. THe only question is will that young talent be ready as sophs in 2008?Football Crazy

Talent level in Whitehouse has always been underrated, albeit uneven at times, due to the final record on the field. I have seen some very good athletes with a compliment of good sized linemen at different times since the mid-90's. There were some systemic issues IMO that held back the program over that time period that have been corrected now. The district competition over that time period has also been stiff, with exception of one 2 year period. Previously, we have had several Whitehouse kids that transferred out to REL, Arp, Troup that wound up with All State honors. Suffice to say, the key was McFarlin and his staff doing a number of things right and the kids buying in at both the high school and JH. I would submit that there is another group of good, young athletes coming behind the underclassmen as well. It is incumbent that they continue to work hard and be hungry, and not read their press clippings to get and stay at the next level.

Hey Slick I think Whitehouse would win the game. Celina's a tough 3A team, but Whitehouse is i PROMISE a tough 4A team, they're well coached and have some talent. Attaways a Senior coming back to run the offense.

Hey Drew, I think they are coached real well!