16-4A Boys in Playoffs

SamsArmy

With playoff spots set, how do you see 16-4A doing in the first round? Does anyone know anything about the opponents for Paris and Sulphur Springs/Mount Pleasant?

Paris (3rd 16-4A)

vs.

McKinney (2nd 15-4A)

Sulphur Springs/Mount Pleasant (2nd 16-4A)

vs.

McKinney Boyd (3rd 15-4A)

Unfortunately I fear this will be a short playoff year for 16-4A. While it was a nice competitive district, the level of play at the top was down except Mt. Pleasant for most of the year. Then Mt Pleasant picked the wrong time of the year to fall apart. That being said there was little difference between #2 and #7 teams in the district. Overall the district improved but the cream soured.

If there is no difference between #2 and #7 then why can't anyone but MP beat SS? If you can't beat them then you ain't in the same category with them. Quit trying to make yourself better. Only good teams can continue to win and the only ones like that in this district are MP and SS.

If there is no difference between #2 and #7 then why can't anyone but MP beat SS? If you can't beat them then you ain't in the same category with them. Quit trying to make yourself better. Only good teams can continue to win and the only ones like that in this district are MP and SS.

Didn't P.G. and Tx. High beat M.P.?

Did Sulphur Springs lose to anyone other than M.P. this year??

NOPE.

I think I would say the top 2 in this district were pretty much set,just order to be decided, and the rest had to fight it out for 3rd.

The way many of the matches I saw and heard of, many of those in the middle were hard fought, and not easily won. Not to say that the team that won didn't deserve to, but rather they had to earn it.

The districts will change next year, and it will interesting to see how it works out for all.

NOPE.

I think I would say the top 2 in this district were pretty much set,just order to be decided, and the rest had to fight it out for 3rd.

The way many of the matches I saw and heard of, many of those in the middle were hard fought, and not easily won. Not to say that the team that won didn't deserve to, but rather they had to earn it.

The districts will change next year, and it will interesting to see how it works out for all.

So does this all mean that there is little chance of either of these teams making it out of the first round. I heard MP had grade issues, but everyone is able to play during Spring Break regardless of grades. I think if MP fell to second after tonight, they might be able to give McKinney Boyd a game. I dont think that Paris can hang with McKinney, but I am basing that off of McKinney's stats from Dallas Morning News.

19-2 outscoring opponents 123-7 on the season. Looks like they have a couple of Liberty Eylau's in their disrict. Who knows.

MP has had grade issues. They have played the last 4-5 games without some pretty good players. They will likely finish first (assuming they win tonight against NL) which will give them a first round bye. If they win their first game (area round), they will have a chance to get back the players they lost and maybe make a run.

MP has had grade issues. They have played the last 4-5 games without some pretty good players. They will likely finish first (assuming they win tonight against NL) which will give them a first round bye. If they win their first game (area round), they will have a chance to get back the players they lost and maybe make a run.

It would be more interesting if they lost tonight.....they would get those kiddos that failed back during spring break and have a chance to knock off what seems to be a pretty good McKinney Boyd team.

Agreed. It would be interesting, but I don't see that happening. Granted, MP has lost the last two to weaker teams, but they had absolutely nothing to play for. The game tonight is for a district championship. If they lose, they are second and have a much tougher draw for the playoffs. McKinney Boyd then Hillcrest then likely Poteet.

On top of this, Paris' best player won't be playing because he got a red card in his last game against Sulphur.