Running Rabbitt Relays

sackem

How is the Garrison Girls doing in the meet!

You wouldn't happen to know how the TImpson girls came out against Waskon yesterday would you?

I think the Garrison girls are doing O'Kay. But we will be hard pressed to get complete results. Especially all 6 places.

You wouldn't happen to know how the TImpson girls came out against Waskon yesterday would you?

I think the Garrison girls are doing O'Kay. But we will be hard pressed to get complete results. Especially all 6 places.

They lost.. i called a friend of mine in Timpson!!

AS expected The Running Rabbits won the Meet 165

Texas High Second with 104

Tatum Third with 101

Hope some one can get the complete results and post it.

all 6 places. Someone tell the newspaper all 6 places give points.

the texarkana paper should have the results in tomorrows (sunday's) paper. if they do i'll see if i can get the results posted for you guys. if they don't i'll call one of the coaches this week and see if i can get a results sheet. if nothing else the atlanta paper should have full results in it on wed.

for you guys that didn't get to make it, that may have been one of the finest track meets put on in years. the field was incredible! Teams like Texas High,Longview,Marshall,Tatum,Arkansas High,Atlanta,MP,LE and a few others. it was fantastic. the rabbits put on quite a show for the home town especially at the end in the mile relay. rabbs were in 4th or 5th place coming out of the 1st leg and won by probably 30 yards at the end.

btw...the garrison girls looked really and i mean..REALLY good today. was impressed they made the trip but were most definately a welcomed entry. hope they can make the return trip again next year. they really did themselves proud in this one. was my 1st time to ever see them and they're definately a well coached team and have a lot of great athletes. they were going up against a really iimpressive field and held their own without a doubt.

this meet has turned into a east texas who's who of track and field. we had several schools that sent individual entry's just so they could compete against the competition there. probably had about 2000 or more in attendance in the stands. could have been more with so many people on the grass and at the fences and in the visitors bleachers as well. the weather was great also.

AS expected The Running Rabbits won the Meet 180+

Tatum Third with 101

Who all came to today's meet. I thought Atlanta was down this year, and not expecting them to win this one.

Marshall Varsity was at the Dallas Jesuit relays today, so if they were also at the Rabbit relays then it must have been girls and jv only. Marshall took second in the 4a and under division behind Lancaster, Waco High took third. There were athletes from 80 schools participating.

AS expected The Running Rabbits won the Meet 180+

Tatum Third with 101

Varsity Boys

Altanta 165

Texas High 104

Tatum 101

Arkansas High 94

Hallsville 62

Longview 38

Queen City 30

Liberty-Eylau 20

Mt. Pleasant 5

How is the Garrison Girls doing in the meet!

I hate to say it but I did not even know they were there.

Varsity Girls:

1.Liberty-Eylau 113

2.Texas High 84

3.Longview 72

4.Hallsville 69

5.Arkansas High 68

6.Atlanta 57

7.Carthage 52

8.Hawkins 45

9.Garrison 24

10.Marshall 18

11.Mt. Pleasant 14

12.Tatum 1

Sorry I was a little off on the Running Rabbits Score. I knew they had smoked the field.

Atlanta sure does know how to run off a meet. Fast and like clock work. You go to some meets and you wonder if they know what event is next.

Do not guess we will see the results in the LNJ after seeing Longview's place.

What is the link to Texarkana paper I bet they have all 6 places.

Sorry I was a little off on the Running Rabbits Score. I knew they had smoked the field.

Atlanta sure does know how to run off a meet. Fast and like clock work. You go to some meets and you wonder if they know what event is next.

Do not guess we will see the results in the LNJ after seeing Longview's place.

What is the link to Texarkana paper I bet they have all 6 places.

www.texarkanagazette.com

www.texarkanagazette.com

Thanks for the information Dubb. This was the first Running Rabbs meet I have missed in years, and it sounds like it was a good one. You don't by any chance have any of Atlanta's relay times and where they finished do you? I am not real sharp on the computer, and cannot figure out how to see the full article in the Texarkana Gazette. Thanks.

atl is never down in track......athletes galore

Them rabbits are good at two things one is running and the other is x multiplication. So its no need to wish they are loosing a bunch of seniors and will be down next year.

Well there is one more thing, knowing how to put on a good Track meet & run it off fast.

4x200 Relay

1. Arkansas High 1.28.14

2. Atlanta

3. Tatum

4. Queen City

5. Hallisville

6. L_E

4 X 100 Relay

1. Atlanta 3:28.60

2. Tatum

3. Texas High

4. Hallsville

5. Longview

6. Arkansas High

4 X 100 Relay

1. Arkansas High 41.26

2. Atlanta

3. Texas High

4. Tatum

5. Hallsville

6. L-E

110 M Hurdles ..............................Shot Put

1. Pollard :Tatum 14.25...............1. Redmon: Tatum 55' 91/2"

2. Harrison :Texas High................2. Schattel: Hallsville

3. Hardy: Ark. High......................3. Williams : Texas high

4. Estell: L-E..............................4. Minnifield : Texas High

5. Brown :Texas High...................5. Johnson : Tatum

6. Poindexter: Atlanta..................6. Cochran : Hallsville

300 M Hurdles..............................800 M Run

1. Solomon : Longview 39.71.........1. Tinado: Tatum 2:03.25

2. Pollard : Tatum .......................2. Atlanta

3. Harrison : Texas High................3. Texas High

4. Buford : Atlanta.......................4. Atlanta

5. Hardy: Ark. High.......................5. L-E

6. Wyrick: Texas High...................6. Ark. High

to my knowlege i don't think the Atlanta Varsity has lost a meet all season.

Atlanta varsity boys finished second at the Pine Tree meet behind Marshall in the first meet of the season. Was freezing at that meet. Rabbits were still hibernating and let the Mavericks sneak by.

was talking about james's move to arkansas high yesterday at the meet. supposedly there is a class he needs in order to graduate and ark. high is the only place he can get it. don't know all the particulars but thats what i was told.

forgot about finishing 2nd at the marshall meet. kids have improved since then.

one of our athletes running in the relays really had his work cut out for him. he'd played a double header friday night on the baseball team and then came in and ran the entire meet yesterday. don't know how the kid was still walking at the end.

Atlanta varsity boys finished second at the Pine Tree meet behind Marshall in the first meet of the season. Was freezing at that meet. Rabbits were still hibernating and let the Mavericks sneak by.

I was told that at the Pine Tree meet that neither the mile nor the mile relay was run due to I suppose weather conditions or it just getting too late. Not sure it would have changed the outcome, but Atlanta does well in both of those events. Those would have been a decent amount of points that did not get accounted for. Really no big deal, but would have liked to see the whole meet completed.