Best Movie Lines

ETBU89

I am William Wallace, and I see a whole army of my countrymen here in defiance of tyranny.

You have come to fight as free men, and free men you are.

What will you do without freedom? Will you fight?

Veteran soldier: Fight against that? No, we will run, and we will live.

William: Aye, fight and you may die, run and you’ll live. At least a while.

And dying in your beds many years from now, would you be willing to

trade all the days from this day to that for one chance, just one

chance to come back here and tell our enemies that they may take

our lives, but they’ll never take our freedom?!

mel gibson as william wallace in braveheart

Well, at least we didn't get dressed up for nothing!

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Troy,

Hector: I've seen this moment in my dreams. I'll make a pact with you. With the gods as our witnesses, let us pledge that the winner will allow the loser all the proper funeral rituals.

Achilles: There are no pacts between lions and men.

Hector: You want me to look upon your army and tremble? Well I see them. I see 50,000 men brought here to fight for one man's greed.

Agamemnon: Careful boy, my mercy has limits.

Hector: And I've seen the limits of your mercy and I tell you now, no son of Troy will ever submit to a foreign ruler.

Agamemnon: Then every son of Troy shall die.

Achilles: You won't have eyes tonight; you won't have ears or a tongue. You will wander the underworld blind, deaf, and dumb, and all the dead will know: This is Hector. The fool who thought he killed Achilles

Can you just imagine what that was like to be Hector standing there watching this man pacing back and fourth like lion wating to strike? Hector stood before all his people and Achilles meant to make an example of him by killing ONE man.

The Passion

Follow your heart, but be quiet for a while first. Ask questions, then feel the answer. Learn to trust your heart.

Satan: Do you really believe that one man can bear the full burden of sin?

Jesus: Shelter Me, O, Lord. I trust in you. In you I take refuge.

Satan: No one man can carry this burden, I tell you. It is far too heavy. Saving their souls is too costly. No-one. Ever. No. Never.

Jesus: Father, Y-you can do all things. If it is possible, let this chalice pass from me... But let your will be done, not mine.

Satan: Who is your father? Who are you?

Gosh imagine just being there in that garden as that snake crawls up between Christs feet and he stands and stomps that snake in defiance of Satan. What a powerful image!

Caiphus: Tell us, are you the Messiah? The Son of the living God?

Jesus: I am..

Jesus: You are My friends. There is no greater love than for a man to lay down his life for his friends. I cannot be with you much longer, My friends. You cannot go where I am going. My commandment to you after I am gone is this: Love one another. As I have loved you, so love one another.

For my mom and my dad who I've seen many times lay down their lives for me!

Mary: Flesh of my flesh... Heart of my heart... My son, let me die with you.

And lastly, it may not be a movie quote but rather from Julius Ceasar. Marc Antony was facing death and he could have surrended to Julius Augustus but instead he said....Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war!

oh yeah, from 300...

Leonidas: The world will know that free men stood against a tyrant, that few stood against many, and before this battle was over, that even a god-king can bleed.

Leonidas: Give them nothing! But take from them everything!

Dilios: Immortals. We put their name to the test.

Persian: A thousand nations of the Persian empire descend upon you. Our arrows will blot out the sun!

Stelios: Then we shall fight in the shade.

Not a movie quote but still a great one from a great man. It was after the Ohio State/ Michigan game and Ohio State was up by ALOT!

Reporter to Woody Hayes: Why did you go for two?

Woody Hayes: Because I couldn't go for three!!!!........LOL

Son, we live in a world that has walls, and those walls have to be guarded by men with guns. Whose gonna do it? You? You, Lt. Weinburg? I have more responsibility here than you could possibly fathom. You weep for Santiago, and you curse the marines. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know. That Santiago's death, while tragic, probably saved lives. And that my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves lives. I know deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you don't want me on that wall, you need me on that wall. We use words like honor, code, loyalty. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom I provide, then question the manner in which I provide it. I prefer you said thank you, and went on your way, Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a weapon, and stand to post. Either way, I don't give a #### what you think you are entitled to.

This is my favorite. Pretty much a speach to the Democratic party!

Is that from the "Unit?" I love that show!

"Hey boy, you got my Cheez Whiz?" - Blues Brothers

"We're soldiers. We're American soldiers. We've been kickin' ###### for 200 years. We're ten and one!" - Stripes

"Call it, Freindo" - Anton Chigurh, No Country for Old Men

We are 11 and 0. The media cost us that war. We won almost all of the battles and still lost. I think the American people learned their lesson from this in part. Let our troops do their jobs.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
"My name's Smokey Bear, and I'm tailgrabbin' yo ### right now!" - Buford T. Justiss, of TEXAS. (Smokey & the Bandit)

junior, remind me when we get home to punch yo momma dead in her mouth........

hey daddy, look, a football game......... junior, you can stay, i'm goin' after the bandit......

ooofffff.......

• 2 months later...
" Just gotta keep on livin. L-I-V-I-N!" - Dazed and Confused.

"But Lt. Dan, you aint got no legs..." - Forrest Gump

"Your mom goes to college!" - Napoleon Dynamite

" Being perfect is not about that scoreboard out there. It's not about winning. It's about you and your relationship with yourself, your family and your friends. Being perfect is about being able to look your friends in the eye and know that you didnt let them down because you told them the truth. And that truth is you did everything you could. There wasnt one more thing you could've done. Can you live in that moment as best you can, with clear eyes, and love in your heart, with joy in your heart? If you can do that gentleman - you're perfect!" - Friday Night Lights

Greatest ever!!!

Vince Vaughn (Jeremy Grey):... Mr Environmental is also a hunter, its kinda an interesting combination ...Bradley Cooper (Zachary Lodge):... I hunt quail Jeremy, they are over populated in this region and they are decimating the grubworm population, you have a ****ing problem with that?Vince Vaughn:... not nearly as much as the atire you have on or your general point of view towards everyone, but lets go kill some birds, I am psyched ...

Is that from the "Unit?" I love that show!

No, it's from A Few Good Men, when Col. Jessep (Jack Nicholson) is speaking to Lt. Kaffee (Tom Cruise) and Lt. Cdr. Galloway (Demi Moore) in Cuba at lunch.

From Running Scared (1986) : Danny Costanzo: Excuse me, we're from Noisebusters. Do you know where the Menudo concert is ?

Danny Costanzo: Hablo, Smith and Wesson? You have the right to remain *dead*. Anything you do will be used against you. You have the right to a *coroner*. If you cannot afford one, we will appoint a medical examiner for you.

This WAS almost 24 years ago : Danny Costanzo: [Walking out of the Bar] What the hell are we doing in Key West?

Ray Hughes: Its as far south as we can go without having to speak Spanish.

Danny Costanzo: [unable to arrest Snake] This block is being designated a Neighborhood Watch Area. There's a guy up here named Snake. He's wearing garage-sale clothes and the top of his head looks like a parakeet. He also has FIFTY THOUSAND DOLLARS in small bills in a briefcase. As his neighbors, it is your responsibility to make sure there are no suspicious characters or evil perpetrators lurking in the area who would seek to do him harm. Again, FIFTY THOUSAND DOLLARS in small bills, tax free, in a briefcase right in this apartment. Which has a really cheeseball lock! You can bust your way in there, bop him on the head, take the money, nobody would know! So it's UP TO YOU. Thanks a lot, have a good day.