What is your opinion of the 1978 movie GREASE ?

cheaptrick77

Is Grease the word?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Is Grease the word?

• The last great musical
    • The epitome of excruciation ? it?s a good thing John Travolta redeemed himself in PULP FICTION
    • Campy fun ? a ?guilty pleasure? if you are feeling trite
    • It?s OK ? nothing great, but not horrible either
    • This piece of colloid has never passed before my eyes

I waiver on this one, but I caught it on cable a few nights ago & currently reside in the campy fun category.

Besides, I have had a crush on Dinah Manoff since I saw her in this movie (and on Soap) . . . :wub:

P.S. Anyone who thinks this is a "prudish" movie needs to read the lyrics to “Greased Lightning” :w00t:

Guest bleeds

I hated it. Didn't even see it 'til it came out on HBO. Then, I couldn't understand what all the hub-bub was about.

I will say this about Travolta though. He's probably the most versatile actor extant. Once he shed the image of Vinnie Barbarino, he became a serious actor, and for the most part, I like his movies.

a shame that the heroine had to become a sleaze to get her man

Tell me about it, stud!

I first saw this movie with my family on HBO as a 12-year-old ... my mother said the same thing aloud after the movie was over. :w00t:

Although I agree 100%, I found the Danny-Sandy relationship the least interesting aspect of the film.

I hated "The West Side Story", I hated "Grease" (I like the Four Seasons), I hated The Bee Gee's and Peter Frampton for "Sgt. Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band", I hated "Tommy", I hated "KISS Meets The Phantom Of The Park", and I hate to admit it, but I own "Slade In Flames". I could go on about, how the 80's were somewhat genius with the videos, but...The 70's were worse.

The 90's more so, and today I don't know. Are there videos made of the current lineup of artists, that continually bombard us with garbage ?

I LOVED it. After I saw it the first time, I was going to go and get a tight black outfit - just like ONJ. I believe that may have been the last conscious thought I had for several months. Made the mistake of mentioning it to my mother as I was walking out the door one morning. The brick sidewalk is the last think I truly remember about that day and the next and the next.... :bangin:

Guest bleeds
I LOVED it. After I saw it the first time, I was going to go and get a tight black outfit - just like ONJ. I believe that may have been the last conscious thought I had for several months. Made the mistake of mentioning it my mother as I was walking out the door one morning. The brick sidewalk is the last think I truly remember about that day and the next and the next.... :bangin:

*picturing Yao in a tight, black outfit*

Guest bleeds
:pinch: Oh Noooooooooo, you don't want to do that!!!!!

I also went through a Nancy Sinatra and the white boots stage, too!

*pictures Yao in a tight, black outfit with white boots*

FOTFL.... :lol: :lol: :lol:

***Anybody know where Nancy Sinatra got her idea for the song "These Boots Were Made for Walking"? {And that's just what they'll do ... One of these days these boots are gonna walk all over you....} That's pathetic. It's been a hundred years, and I still see myself wearing my rubber galoshes and singing to the audience of stuffed animals lined up on the couch! Man, I need a life!***

Guest bleeds
FOTFL.... :lol: :lol: :lol:

***Anybody know where Nancy Sinatra got her idea for the song "These Boots Were Made for Walking"? {And that's just what they'll do ... One of these days these boots are gonna walk all over you....} That's pathetic. It's been a hundred years, and I still see myself wearing my rubber galoshes and singing to the audience of stuffed animals lined up on the couch! Man, I need a life!***

She didn't write it, only recorded it. It was written by Lee Hazelwood.

Olivia was hot!!! I fell in love with "Sandy." And if a student got in front of class and read the lyrics to "Greased Lightning," he would most likely get sent to the office.

Strawberry, I also liked Grease 2 for the reason you mentioned.

Seeing Grease and ONJ took my crush off of Liesl (Charmian Carr) from The Sound of Music. She was hot as well.