New Aggie Helmet

Immortal13

Guest bleeds

I hate it. Oh, well, at school known for its tradition, it's obvious that's not nearly as important now as it once was.

I know that my vote counts for nothing, but I DON'T like it. A&M is known for the aTm on the helmet. It's been that way for many years.

What if.....UT went with something other than the traditional Longhorn.

Tech has always had the double T, Baylor the BU, SMU has had the mustang, etc.

Don't Mess With Tradition!!!

Guest imyahuckleberry

Well they haven't won jack squat wearing the other one. Maybe a new helmet will help.

Just a joke before you ags go ballistic.

I personally think they should keep their tradition and stick with old one. I liked the maroon with the big aTm.

I am in NO WAY a fan of aTm.

However, I have always liked the fact that they are funn of some of the richest traditions in the realm of colleges & universities.

I do not like this new helmet idea. I agree it looks like Texas State + Tech...

Tradition is what aTm has always been built upon - it should continue by keeping the old aTm logo on a true maroon helmet!

LJLPOP:

Did you see the 1978 throwback suggestion? What did you think about that one?

The white one? Yeah, I liked it a whole lot more than the photo shopped tceh helmet, but wouldn't want in every game. I think it would be cool if they used that white one like UF does with their helmet.

Guest bleeds
:coolio: No disrepect to you A&M fans, but they really need to update, at least a little bit. My longhorns could also step up too. :whome:

No disrespect to you 'horns fans, but we're okay with our helmets, although I know that your guys are tired of seeing them.

Guest bleeds
The new Texas A&M Helmet actually says "WE ####" on the side. :whome:

Yeah, and on the other side, it says

"...the wind outta the 'horns' sails when we keep running past then into the endzone."

Guest bleeds
Now that I have contained myself from uncontrollable laughter, here is a cool site which shows the history(evolution) of helmets both college and pro. Iowa St. and KU have the most helmet changes of any Big 12 schools.

linkie

Thought you might like that. hehehe

The white one? Yeah, I liked it a whole lot more than the photo shopped tceh helmet, but wouldn't want in every game. I think it would be cool if they used that white one like UF does with their helmet.

I liked it far better than any of the other suggestions but I do think it would get old to look at every game. I would like to see 1 or 2 games a year where they wore non traditional unis, but I'll stick to the usual maroon and white the remainder of the games.

:coolio: No disrepect to you A&M fans, but they really need to update, at least a little bit. My longhorns could also step up too. :whome:

Just curious, why does A&M and Texas need to update, but no one mentions Notre Dame? They've had the same helmet since '64.