G.J. Kinne to transfer from The University of Texas...

Smoaky

A reliable source has told KTBB Sports and Smoaky.com that redshirt freshman quarterback G.J. Kinne, a former star at both Canton and Gilmer High School, will officially announce his transfer from the University of Texas on Friday afternoon.

A press release is being formalized that will be sent out to media outlets.

Kinne has been competing for a backup position at UT behind Colt McCoy, John Chiles, and Sherrod Harris.

More details to come...

Smoaky

LoL...He did not feel safe at Canton anymore. I can not say that I blamed him there, I just found it Funny he ended up at one of the best programs in the state. Oh well that is old news best of luck to him on his choice he really is a good guy and deserves a shot somewhere.

Guess he is leaving after all.......sorry..got to poke some fun at chspirit....good luck to GJ

I was wondering where chspirit was. He vehemently denied this after speaking with GJ. Doesn't matter how close you are to someone when those transfer rumors get out they are usually true. Best of luck to GJ at his next stop.

A place to "Show case his talent"

Good grief.......give me a break :thumbdown:

How about an humble statement like, "somewhere that I can fit in and play" or "anyplace that I can help to team win"

Good God, kids these days are so far away from "TEAM" and only worried about "I".

My opinion(or statement), for whatever it's worth....He learned one of these two rules........

:getlost: If you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen!!!!or

:notworthy: If you can't run with the BIG DOGS, stay on the porch!!!!

anyway...... Good luck to G.J.

Like I've said on this topic before on Kinne, he was a great stand out high school QB with a lot of talent, but when he got to Texas he's among some of the best athletes in the nation where he is no longer the best. The same happend to Matthew Melton and Tyrell Gatewood, both great athletes in high school, but never really made it at the next level. Kinne just needs to go to a school where he can really compete for a QB spot and actually get some playing time.

apparently not

i agree with you Immortal. There are intangibles that cannot be physically measured. I do not need to go into the details. It is like I have heard John Madden quote, "You either have IT or you don't. If you do not know what IT is then you don't have IT."

I went to every home game last season, including OU, and attended the Spring Game, and I can tell you that GJ Kinne is not ready to lead a pretigious program like Texas. Just watching him warm up.. hiss passes are over thrown, thrown behind the WR, and even hit the ground on out routes before the ball gets to the WR. He has a great arm sometimes, not doubt, but when it comes to a college football program the likes of Texas, he just doesn't fit the spot of a starting QB. When you have QBs like McCoy and Harris who can consistantly throw great passes during warmups and live play, there was just no way Kinne was ever going to step on the field.

so if Ut knew he would never play then why offer him? Just to keep him away from other big12 schools. In a way he reminds me of Tebo from Florida. Now he does not have the best arm but he is athletic enough to make something happen if he needs it too. IMO he has too much pride to play somewhere like SFA. I see him at LA Tech in the fall maybe even somehwere in Cali. I think he had an offer from USC out of Highschool.Not saying he'll go there just saying he will look somewhere. Im sure he is just filling up his options at this point. Good luck to him though.