The Next Level

Hopefully the goalie from Vista Ridge Trey Ponce. He's a local Austin referee, but I think he's only a junior. He was the only reason Vista Ridge and Del Valle went to OT. I thought they would definately go to a shootout, but there's always that questionable pk...

• 2 weeks later...

Lindsay Pritchard

Midwestern University

Heather Lofties

LSUS

Kelli Hill

UT Tyler

Brittany Millican

Centinnary

Kayla Mason

TJC

These are the girls from Whitehouse that have already signed their letter of committment. Good Luck to these young ladies, most are 4 year varsity starters. They will be missed next year!!

• 2 weeks later...
TJC has a redshirt program, myself and about 25 other seniors and players in the area made the team. I'm not sure who all is actually participating in the program though

Tell us about this program and what you hope to achieve, are you hoping to make the starting team, are you wanting training your fresh/soph yr and pointing towards your junior/senior year to make a team and play somewhere else?

I'm curious, because TJC has a bad reputation in not recruiting seriously, local talent. They're a conduit for international players. It's very discouraging to see so many of the programs with so many international players, and many deserving local kids go by the way side. I know thats just the way it is...maybe TJC is trying to change a little.

Typically with the redshirt program at TJC they will only take 1-2 players out of the redshirt class the following year as part of the team. It's very difficult to get on the team if you're not recruited and given a scholarship. There will be some very good players that won't really get the time of day.

personally. i think the program is a waste of time. i went to the tryout along with around 22 players i think. almost 16 or 17 were offered that day to be redshirted! i was amazed at some of the players they talked to. no talent at all. I can see how someone who wasn't offered anywhere else would want to go there and train with their team (which is very good) and try to find a spot on another local team the next year. some people just want to play and want that second chance.

as i said, i made the team, but i am not participating.

• 1 month later...
Lindsay Pritchard

Midwestern University

Heather Lofties

LSUS

Kelli Hill

UT Tyler

Brittany Millican

Centinnary

Kayla Mason

TJC

These are the girls from Whitehouse that have already signed their letter of committment. Good Luck to these young ladies, most are 4 year varsity starters. They will be missed next year!!

Lindale girls playing in college:

Charity Shipman - UT Tyler (graduated)

Maddie Fraser - Midwestern ('09 Sr.)

• 11 years later...