New Boston 3 Hughes Springs 1

etexas

Just heard New Boston beat Hughes Springs tonight. Cody Mayo had a big night with a two run homerun. Also went the distance on the hill.

i was there......yea he did and Some dude from Hughes Springs had one too. I think we have a chance for 2nd. Hello Playoffs. :notworthy:

It is just L. Henry, he is a good coach but I think they were supposed to be in the top 2 this year.

Who said they was suppose to be in the top two? It's not how you start its how you finish and the lions are playing at a level right now where no one wants to play them... The game friday was a classic though

I believe they were the favorite according to all the pre-season talk.

Great game Friday.

H.S. is now 12-1

N.B. is now 8-5

If d'field beats l-k then there is a three way tie between the three and a playoff for 2nd and 3rd. (Assuming N.B. beats P.P.)

H.S. clinched the district crown a week ago.

Sometimes a teams record has nothing to do with how well it's coached! New Boston is the best coached team in this district with L. "Tiny" McHenry at the helm!

We could go back and forth on this for hours.....but they are not the best "coached" team in the district....I'll go with Stewart from Hughes Springs any day! IMHO

And by the way, the talk about N.B. being the team to beat was largely due to the numbers of good talent they had returning. Coach Henry does a great job, no doubt, but ask him about his team and he'll tell you that they greatly underachieved the first half and are just now playing how they should have been all year. Kudos for getting hot at the right time and good luck in the playoffs.

Not taking anything away from Stewart but lets not forget that HS has and has always had a ton of talent

So, based on your logic then teams with talent can't have a coach of the year??? He doesn't have the talent he's had in the past and their "ton of talent" this year is batting less than .280 as a team and still finding ways to win.....

Guest JAKEBRAKE
So, based on your logic then teams with talent can't have a coach of the year??? He doesn't have the talent he's had in the past and their "ton of talent" this year is batting less than .280 as a team and still finding ways to win.....

What scooter has done with this team is incredible. They basically have 3 players and that's it. NB has way more talent than HS does, they should have been the ones running away with this district, not HS. In my opinion he is coach of the year this year, not 2 years ago when he had 9 kids who after this year will all have played college ball, and one maybe playing in the majors. The NB coach should be ashamed that he lost to Daingefield twice when he had a 5-0 and a 6-0 lead. Give Stewart a 5-0 lead over anyone and it is over.

What scooter has done with this team is incredible. They basically have 3 players and that's it. NB has way more talent than HS does, they should have been the ones running away with this district, not HS. In my opinion he is coach of the year this year, not 2 years ago when he had 9 kids who after this year will all have played college ball, and one maybe playing in the majors. The NB coach should be ashamed that he lost to Daingefield twice when he had a 5-0 and a 6-0 lead. Give Stewart a 5-0 lead over anyone and it is over.

JAKE,

I couldn't have said it better myself! That's the point i was trying to make!

Coach Stewart is an awsome baseball coach! Now, if you were impressed with what he did with only 3 players this year. Wait until you see what he does with 0 players next year. These sophmores are a good bunch of young players. They don't have 2 or 3 stud players that the sr. class has, but you could field a hell of a sophmore team. I know because I have coached them since they were 8. I took 12 of them and played teams all over N.E. Texas and did very well. And im just a dad and don't consider myself a great coach by any stretch. With coach Stewart, these kids will suprise the next 2 years. The 2 or 3 classes under them have talent also. No doubt they will be some of the best teams with only "0" players you have ever seen. Good luck to the Mustangs!!!!! :thumbsup:

I didn't see the game but I think it might be a little much to solely blame the coach for blowing a lead. They aren't the ones fielding the ball and we all know baseball is a funny game, where momentum can shift at any moment. I would think that more credit goes to Daingerfield for being able to pull a W out in both of those situations. I would dare say that the 3 studs for HS levels the playing field between NB and HS. However, going position by position, I would agree that NB has more talent and more experience, and overall the more "talented" team. Stewart has surprised me with what he's been able to do this year though, and I would agree that you won't see HS give up a big lead because they have that never-let-up mentality, whether that comes from the players or Stewart is not for me to say.

Say what you want girls, but in my humble opinion, New Boston has the best coach and staff in this district! Just wait and see gets the second seed in this district. And to say H.S. has 3 players is a bit much.