New Boston 3 Hughes Springs 1

etexas

Say what you want girls, but in my humble opinion, New Boston has the best coach and staff in this district! Just wait and see gets the second seed in this district. And to say H.S. has 3 players is a bit much.

you lost all credibility with the "say what you want girls" comment....we're having a spirited debate and you throw that in there??? Nothing you say from here on out has any validity!! Come on, don't be childish!

Guest JAKEBRAKE
Say what you want girls, but in my humble opinion, New Boston has the best coach and staff in this district! Just wait and see gets the second seed in this district. And to say H.S. has 3 players is a bit much.

Your bragging about getting second place, second place is the first loser homey!! NB has underachieved all year and that starts with the coach. And yes I would put blowing a 5-0 and 6-0 lead squarely on the coach. You leave a pitcher in that each time through the lineup the opposing team is hitting them a little harder and a little harder, finally they start dropping, they start finding the holes, how hard is that to see. NB has underachieved and HS won this district with 3 players, Stewart took blood from a stone with all these sophomores he's got. 3 seniors and 1 junior, and the rest sophomores and freshman and led them to a gut stomping through the district and a #2 state ranking. If you still think your coach is coach of the year because of a 3-1 victory over HS, then so be it, everyone has a right to be wrong.

Your bragging about getting second place, second place is the first loser homey!! NB has underachieved all year and that starts with the coach. And yes I would put blowing a 5-0 and 6-0 lead squarely on the coach. You leave a pitcher in that each time through the lineup the opposing team is hitting them a little harder and a little harder, finally they start dropping, they start finding the holes, how hard is that to see. NB has underachieved and HS won this district with 3 players, Stewart took blood from a stone with all these sophomores he's got. 3 seniors and 1 junior, and the rest sophomores and freshman and led them to a gut stomping through the district and a #2 state ranking. If you still think your coach is coach of the year because of a 3-1 victory over HS, then so be it, everyone has a right to be wrong.
I agree with you on Scooter being the best coach in the district. Just wanted to point out that there are actually 4 sr.s starting. The soph.s are pretty solid in the field and have their moments at the plate. The jr. is fundamentally as solid as they come. The 3 "players" are, in my opinion, head and shoulders above everyone else in the dist. JMO.

'

Didn't mean to be childish, I was just funnin'. I haven't seen one game in this district, couldn't tell ya who has the most talent. I just think Lonnie Henry is a helluva baseball coach, and a good guy. Oh well, atleast I gave you Hughes Springs lovers something to rally around.

Later, P.

I bet that really makes the rest of your team happy to know that they don't do anything or add any value to the team. Most High School teams are made up of a few good players and some role players. Not many teams are loaded from top to bottom like HS was a couple years ago, and they didn't win it all, so I guess that was bad coaching. The team with the most talent should win, right? There are a lot more entangibles involved in a winning team and talent is not the most important ingrediant. Stewart is a great coach, and I bet he would be the first to tell you that this team wouldn't be as good if the young kids had not stepped up and filled their roles. Give them credit, don't call them a 3 man team!

Well if we are talking about the whole district lets include everyone.

NB does have the MOST talent, however HS has the BEST talent and when that comes in the form of pitchers that will usually do it in high school. The team with talent year in and year out that I think underachieves is D'field.

As far as coaches what about Ruth at Hooks, He went to the state championship last year, 3 or 4 rounds deep the two years before that and probably really and trully did the most with the least this year. I think they were one game out of the tie, and split with NB and beat D'field both times and they really had no business being on the field with either one of them in my opinion. I would go this route, not that my opinion matters 1. Stewart 2. Ruth 3. Henry 4. Green

How did Ruth have little to work with? He had 11 seniors (I think). 1 & 2 pitchers were solid, and they had numerous other kids that could throw if needed. As a team, they hit the ball well. DF and NB both were relatively young teams. Hooks, on the otherhand, was a very mature team. I think Hooks was a very good team last year with lots of talent and experience that peaked at the right time.

NB didn't underachieve anything, they set out to make the playoffs...and did it...HS didnt win the district with 3 kids it takes a team to win a disrict championship and say what you want about talent NB may of had more talent but HS has more tradition and has had the pressure on them before to go big in big games and has sadly disapointed everyone.. When is the last time you talked about NB winning the district more or less making the playoffs...Not in a long time..So say what you want about them underachieving..I bet you dont want to have to play them again

How did Ruth have little to work with? He had 11 seniors (I think). 1 & 2 pitchers were solid, and they had numerous other kids that could throw if needed. As a team, they hit the ball well. DF and NB both were relatively young teams. Hooks, on the otherhand, was a very mature team. I think Hooks was a very good team last year with lots of talent and experience that peaked at the right time.

Actually I believe Hooks graduated about 11 seniors last year and their only returning starter is at PG, so he had no returners and went 8-6 (I think) with last years JV team. I believe he only had 2 seniors on the team and probably was the youngest team in the district. One coach we may have left out (don't know his name) is the PP coach. I know they are not good but they have definetly been the most improved since he showed up.

Actually I believe Hooks graduated about 11 seniors last year and their only returning starter is at PG, so he had no returners and went 8-6 (I think) with last years JV team. I believe he only had 2 seniors on the team and probably was the youngest team in the district. One coach we may have left out (don't know his name) is the PP coach. I know they are not good but they have definetly been the most improved since he showed up.

Yourwrong, forgive me, I was indeed wrong. I misread your post and thought you said Ruth did the most with the least LAST year. My mistake. As for this year, I knew they didn't have very much coming back and was very much impressed with what they were able to accomplish with such a young team. Your correct about PP too. They've come a long way in the last few years. It wasn't too long ago and they went O-fer, I believe.

Pewitt only played 1 Sr. 1 Jr. 5 Soph. & 2 Fresh. and they were competive.

Coach Samples is the head coach at Pewitt. He is a very good coach and they were very young again this year. Look for much better things in the future, as more kids stay in and play in the jr and sr years. :coolball:

Coach Samples is the head coach at Pewitt. He is a very good coach and they were very young again this year. Look for much better things in the future, as more kids stay in and play in the jr and sr years. :coolball:

did he used to sell cars? is his 1st name junior by any chance?

NB will still be good

I believe HS, LK, and D'field loses most of their talent but the district breaks up

I think PP, Hooks and Dekalb definetly have a chance to be the three in their district.

NB could possibly still get 2nd in their 3A district behind PG

as for the other district not sure maybe

Jefferson, CH, LK

tough to leave HS out but I think they might finally hit a down year