Winona

DISTRICT 19

Arp

Elkhart

Frankston

Garrison

West Rusk

Troup

These are not my personal picks, just how I got them off of the UIL website.

How do ya'll see these districts turning out?

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

EF

WO

Harleton

ND

Sabine

Harmony

UG

Winona

White Oak should be a pretty tough team in 2A, Sabine will fair better but I'm not ready to put them at the top of the pack just yet.

Arp

Frankston

West Rusk

Troup

Garrison

Elkhart

Who all is in Jefferson's district?

21-2A

Groveton

Corrigan

New Waverly

Centerville

Trinity

Buffalo

The Groveton and Corrigan game should be a barn burner which it has been most years. After those two New Waverly is the most talented, just a matter of whether or not they can get it together to grab a playoff spot.

Here are my personal opinions:

18-2A

Elysian Fields

Harleton

White Oak

Sabine

New Diana

Harmony

Union Grove

Winona

19-2A

Frankston

Arp

West Rusk

Garrison

Troup

Elkhart

17-2A

Jefferson

Daingerfield

LK

Hughes Springs

Queen City

Ore City

DISTRICT 18

Elysian Fields

Harmony

Harleton

White Oak

New Diana

Sabine

Union Grove

Winona

All I really know about WO and Sabine is that they got beat pretty badly last year in 3A. I don't have any clue on what they have coming back. I know ND and Harleton lost some key players, and Harmony is bringing back the 11 or 12 sophomores that started for them last year back.

Also Mount Pleasant Chapel Hill, they do not play football.

A couple of years ago, wasn't there some talk about them starting a program from Jr. High up? Did that fall through?

17-AA will be a dog fight this year, especially for the number 3 spot. LK, HS, and QC will all be right in the mix for that one. This year's QC team has as much potential, especially in the skilled positions, as any team they've had come through possibly since '01. Great kids, work ethic, and team chemistry.

In 19-2A, I see Garrison being a darkhorse. They gave a good West Rusk team all they could handle last year and almost beat them. With a good off-season and a full year under their coaches system, they will surprise some people in the fall. I don't know anything about Frankston or Elkhart but we will see. It will be an interesting year of football in 19-2A!

A couple of years ago, wasn't there some talk about them starting a program from Jr. High up? Did that fall through?

17-AA will be a dog fight this year, especially for the number 3 spot. LK, HS, and QC will all be right in the mix for that one. This year's QC team has as much potential, especially in the skilled positions, as any team they've had come through possibly since '01. Great kids, work ethic, and team chemistry.

Yea I can't wait for the season to start.

In 19-2A, I see Garrison being a darkhorse. They gave a good West Rusk team all they could handle last year and almost beat them. With a good off-season and a full year under their coaches system, they will surprise some people in the fall. I don't know anything about Frankston or Elkhart but we will see. It will be an interesting year of football in 19-2A!

Let me get this right, you pick Frankston to win district over Arp and then turn around and self admittedly say you don't know nothing bout them. Know this they can't win that district. May finish third behind WR or Troup dependin which one of these programs step up and play the way they can this year. I'll give the nod to WR and hope Troup pulls it out over Frankston. Football in 19-AA became uninteresting with the loss of EF and Tatum and the addition of Frankston and Elkhart. Our district isn't as strong as it was last year. Arp will win this district hands down.

Bleedin u r right 19 2a will never be the same, I for one have some great memories from the past 2 season, from the Troup upset of Tatum and the EF win over both set's of Tigers in 06 to the last second win in Gladewater in 07, the teams that are new to this district have some big shoes to fill.

I do think however that Frankston will be tough with SR. RB K. Harmon, I know that he was probably one of the toughest backs that EF faced all year. Troup reminds me of EF after the 05 season very, very young and could surprise some people this year. Arp as usual should be at the top, not sure what the Raiders have coming back but everybody saw what they did in 07 ( one win shy of the playoffs). Best of luck to you guy's in 08 especially the teams of the old 19 2a.

I still need to do a little homework before I make a prediction on the EF JACKETS new district 18 2a but knowing the winning tradition that EF has we should be in the hunt for the district title.

Mans I love those tigers ggrrrrrrrrrr

Let me get this right, you pick Frankston to win district over Arp and then turn around and self admittedly say you don't know nothing bout them. Know this they can't win that district. May finish third behind WR or Troup dependin which one of these programs step up and play the way they can this year. I'll give the nod to WR and hope Troup pulls it out over Frankston. Football in 19-AA became uninteresting with the loss of EF and Tatum and the addition of Frankston and Elkhart. Our district isn't as strong as it was last year. Arp will win this district hands down.

I don't know anything about Frankston...I was just making my predictions based on last year's success. I had heard that Arp lost alot, that is why I picked them at #2, and I picked West Rusk at #3 because of the improvement they showed throughout the course of last year. My statement on Garrison was based on the same thing I based my West Rusk decision on...improvement.

I don't know anything about Frankston...I was just making my predictions based on last year's success. I had heard that Arp lost alot, that is why I picked them at #2, and I picked West Rusk at #3 because of the improvement they showed throughout the course of last year. My statement on Garrison was based on the same thing I based my West Rusk decision on...improvement.

Arp lost 4 All-Staters but the are still loaded, especially on the defensive side of the ball and in their skill positions..they had 4 more weeks of practice last year than everybody else in this district bcuz they advanced so far, and that will prove to help them out alot..frankston might give them a game but i think Arp will still beat them by quite a bit

My statement on Garrison was based on the same thing I based my West Rusk decision on...improvement.

I can't seem to login with my other handle. Anyway,

There is NO improvement in Garrison; just the opposite. The coaching staff is in disarray, what, three, maybe four are leaving. The head coach seems like he is in way over his head. They look like a one or two win team this season. Feel sorry for the kids.

Bleedin u r right 19 2a will never be the same, I for one have some great memories from the past 2 season, from the Troup upset of Tatum and the EF win over both set's of Tigers in 06 to the last second win in Gladewater in 07, the teams that are new to this district have some big shoes to fill.

I do think however that Frankston will be tough with SR. RB K. Harmon, I know that he was probably one of the toughest backs that EF faced all year. Troup reminds me of EF after the 05 season very, very young and could surprise some people this year. Arp as usual should be at the top, not sure what the Raiders have coming back but everybody saw what they did in 07 ( one win shy of the playoffs). Best of luck to you guy's in 08 especially the teams of the old 19 2a.

I still need to do a little homework before I make a prediction on the EF JACKETS new district 18 2a but knowing the winning tradition that EF has we should be in the hunt for the district title.

Mans I love those tigers ggrrrrrrrrrr

Good to see u again stinger. Yes indeed Harmon is tough and a good back, and he should be able to have success in this district. Troup is young but to me they are lacking in the talent area. I do believe that we will finish on top. Our sophmore class was a very talented class, and personally they are the reason we did so well. Not our seniors. They were good and we will miss our linebacker, but we can fill those other spots pretty easily.

I do wish you jackets best of luck this year and look forward to sidin with you on several games this year. Good luck to EF!! Hate that Patton went to Rusk on ya'll, but i'm sure the winning tradition in ur kids will overcome the loss. Have a great year!

Go sting'em Jackets!!

I can't seem to login with my other handle. Anyway,

There is NO improvement in Garrison; just the opposite. The coaching staff is in disarray, what, three, maybe four are leaving. The head coach seems like he is in way over his head. They look like a one or two win team this season. Feel sorry for the kids.

WOW! Are you serious? What has happened? I thought the Athletic Program was headed in the right direction...you can never tell from the outside looking in what is really going on though. I do feel sorry for the kids, and this kind of stuff makes me embarrassed I posted that they would be a darkhorse!