17-AA baseball

maroakie2

Wow! LK, DF, and NB I presume? I'd have to give the edge to LK due to pitching, and DF just because they've come on as of late and beat NB both times.

I think the wins will go to the teams that show up to really play. I give the edge to NB and DF, they have the better records for the second half of the season. NB with 6-1 and DF with 5-2. These two teams have really shown heart and fought back. True NB did have trouble with DF, we will just have to wait and see how everything comes out in the wash. LK seems to have struggled the last half with a 2-5 record.

I think the wins will go to the teams that show up to really play. I give the edge to NB and DF, they have the better records for the second half of the season. NB with 6-1 and DF with 5-2. These two teams have really shown heart and fought back. True NB did have trouble with DF, we will just have to wait and see how everything comes out in the wash. LK seems to have struggled the last half with a 2-5 record.

Good point. How are they going to decide who plays who and such? Round Robin or what? That could make a big difference as well.

Games tonight @ Liberty-Eylau

1st game Linden-Kildare and Daingerfield

2nd game @ 7:30 New Boston and the winner of the 1st game

Not sure when 3rd game will be played, but the loser of game 1 plays the loser of game 2

I believe the winner of game 2 will be 2nd and the winner of game 3 will be 3rd for the playoff bracket.

That scenario doesn't make much sense, lets say D'field beats L-K in game 1.. Then NB beats D'field in game 2.. A rematch between that first round game ??? I imagine NB won a coin flip and they're in, the winner of the 1st game plays NB for 2nd place and the loser of the 1st game goes home !! But this is pure speculation also, who knows !!

If NB wins game 2, NB goes as 2nd and loser of game 2 goes as 3rd.

If NB loses game 2, NB plays loser of game 1 for 3rd on Saturday.

This is how it was stated in the Texarkana Gazette.

Yeah that makes sense, it all depends on what NB does in that 2nd game more or less.. Thats concievable !! The old Gazette, always on top a things... :thumbsup:

NB shouldn't necessarily be a sure thing though should they? If they lose game 2 and game 3, they're facing 2 losses and sitting at home, right? Should that situation happen, winner of game 1 would end up winning game 2, thus sitting 2-0 and 2nd place. Should the loser of game 1 beat NB in game 3, then they are 1-1 and 3rd seed and NB goes home 0-2. I wouldn't think NB winning the coin flip gives them a free ticket to the playoffs.

Big ups to all the D'field Baseball players, especially these seniors. You guys just fell a couple runs short, but collectively this senior group did Daingerfield athletics proud in '07-'08. Good Luck to you guys !!

Congrats Hughes Springs - New Boston & L-K

Show the state what 17-2A baseball has been all about !!