Sulphur Springs V. Kilgore predictions

wildcat77

SS vs Kilgore Friday 5/2/2008- 7:00pm Eagle Stadium Sulphur Springs.

1 game, winner take all! I have to go with SS in this one. Brittan Diamond will have 10 days rest and be on his own field. He will be hard to beat! Kilgore must have at least 1 pitcher because I think it was their coach that pushed for the 1 game matchup. Coach Hammack said Kilgore wanted to play in SS and let us be home team if he would agree to the 1 game format. The other choice was a flip and you might have had to still play 1 game at Kilgore.

SS vs Kilgore Friday 5/2/2008- 7:00pm Eagle Stadium Sulphur Springs.

1 game, winner take all! I have to go with SS in this one. Brittan Diamond will have 10 days rest and be on his own field. He will be hard to beat! Kilgore must have at least 1 pitcher because I think it was their coach that pushed for the 1 game matchup. Coach Hammack said Kilgore wanted to play in SS and let us be home team if he would agree to the 1 game format. The other choice was a flip and you might have had to still play 1 game at Kilgore.

Did this information come from Coach Hammack himself? Just want to make sure before I release anything because I had heard this scenario last night. Hopefully, Brittan will be strong after having 10 days off since Texas High and doing a one-game, winner-take-all match-up seems a little dicey but may the best team win. I will go with SS in this one and hopefully we will swing the bats better in the playoffs.

Good Luck Wildcats!

kilgore will probably go for one game as long as they can stay in, one is better for them than a series would be. should be a pretty good game - thier lefty is good and it should be a good, low scoring match-up. kilgore has very good speed and will put pressure on if on base

I'll take SS in a close game. Diamond has not had a shut down performance in his last couple of outtings but is due, I think SS gives him the run support and plays solid defense for a win.

Guest mrse0706

I'll put my 2 cents in and predict that SS will win in a 10 run rule game by the 5th inning. Brittan will have plenty of time to rest, relax and reflect on the season. His positive attitude, along with that of the coaches, the other players and their friends and families will carry them straight to the Area round. :-)

Best wishes to both teams.

I'll go with Kilgore and their lefty, since I've seen SS twice.

The only question I have is will SS "get his chili". They talked about it ad nauseum when I saw them play, and although I'm not quite sure what it means, I don't think they ever got it.

Well, a few weeks ago i would pick SS, IMO Kilgore looks to be the stronger team playing tougher competition in district. Ill go with Kilgore

7-3

Sulphur Springs in a close one 4-3