Is EF the team to beat In 2A

MidKnightSun

There are alot of good teams in 2A. E-F is in the top but I don't know if any one team is a shoe in to win this region. I feel the top teams are E-F, Hughes Springs, Hemphill, Buna, Mart, Harleton, Elkhart, Central Heights, New Diana and Quitman are all pretty dare good. Best of luck to all.

Red: I agree with you, it will be a very good test for our Yellowjackets. Have heard EF is a very good hitting team that has some great pitching. They will play hard and it should be a great game for us to get ready for a playoff run. Wish both teams luck in the game and in the playoffs.

EF has tons of experience(10 seniors that have been teammates for a while), great pitching, and great hitting as well. They're a team that doesn't have any noticeable weekness, they're strong all around. They're my pick to win it all but theres plenty of good teams out there.

EF has one outstanding pitcher and 10 seniors that have basically played together since the 8th grade.

I like EF in a one gamer as opposed to a series, however.

well i have to say that hemphill has 4 real good pitchers,,and can hit the ball all through the line up....and they all have played together since they was able to pick up a baseball....so ....

QUOTE (24sports7 @ Apr 29 2008, 04:48 PM) post_snapback.gifEF has one outstanding pitcher and 10 seniors that have basically played together since the 8th grade.

I like EF in a one gamer as opposed to a series, however.

well i have to say that hemphill has 4 real good pitchers,,and can hit the ball all through the line up....and they all have played together since they was able to pick up a baseball....so ....

Yeah, remember last year in 3A. Carthage was stacked w/senoirs that had played together for years and won state titles and a WS runner up in Dixie League, Went undefeated for the entire season, ranked #1. What happened? (Other than Bridge City) They didn't even make it to the big show.

Anyway, that was last year, I digress.

Good luck to all of you that are still in it.

My team played against EF in an exhibition game and they can really hit the ball! There pitching wasn't to outstanding but not bad. I also heard that HS lost to New Boston! To get to the "DANCE" you have to win the games you are suppose to and i think that game was one they should have won... :pirate:

i can see EF being the team to beat. Vise has a strong arm, and the whole lineup has a bat, EF IS the team to beat in my opinion, But after this year im not so sure. If they are losing this many seniors, I don really see them competing like this next year. The JV had only 9 players, and iDK what they have moving up into high school next year. they could get a few more good players to replace Vise, and the other seniors, You never know. Good luck to the EF yellow jackets this year, and all the years after.

I am not sure if they are the team to beat, but they are obviously plenty salty. I know Harleton tied with them at the ore city tourney in 10 innings (harleton officially won by getting more players to 3rd apparently).

I think Diana Hughes Springs EF Hemphill (and probably a few others) should be on the radar to win the region, but it is early and you have to be lucky to win baseball games at this time of the year.

Just on a side note, Mitchell and Dover from Alto shut down Hemphill earlier in the year beating them 3-2. I believe Alto scored the tieing and winning runs off of Adam Wright.

So "maybe" we can hang with EF for a while :sorcerer:

MAYBE is the key word.

:thumbsup: Good luck though