All Region/All State

QueenHornet

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ballots and teams were certified on Friday night at 11:15pm. Saturday the board was busy running the senior showcase and travelling home. The regional directors are to have proofed and converted their teams onto an excel spreadsheet and forwarded it to the secretary today to be re-proofed and then forwarded on to the webmaster. Probably up tomorrow.

you have to realize no one really cares about East Texas Soccer ..... Nacogdoches is probably the only school who's administration cares about the soccer program..... with the exception of Clint Dempsey comin out of Nac nothing really big has happened in the ET soccer world

what does that mean keeper?

so places like lumberton, angleton and crosby care about there soccer more then us? how would you even know if there adminstition cared or not and how does that effect who gets selected?

our coach told us that there coach has to nominate their kids. he said he didnt see any lindale players on the sheet catfan. heck he didnt see any pt players either or house or kilgore or athens.

East Texans on All-Region:

5A Boys

Abdiel Palomo F (Tyler Lee)

Alex Rodriguez F (Lufkin)

Marshal White D (Lufkin)

Juan Robles GK (Tyler Lee)

3A/4A Girls

Lindsey Pritchard F (Whitehouse)*

Charity Shipman F (Lindale)

Kelli Hill MF (Whitehouse)*

Maddie Foster MF (Lindale)

Brittany Millican D (Whitehouse)*

Racheal Mickey D (Lindale)

3A/4A Boys

Samuel Shofner F (Nacogdoches)

Richard Fischer MF (Nacogdoches)*

Peter Martin D (Nacogdoches)*

Farshid Niroumand Coach (Nacogdoches)

*- All-State

It's very possible that some of the coaches across the state did not know about the new All Region system before the deadline. That would explain some of the teams not being represented on the list. In the past, coaches received paper forms or could print them and mail them in. The new system requires a password to the coaches only TASCO blog. All submissions and voting was done on the website this year, which was much easier! I think it's evident, based on the polling and comments on the coaches blog (or lack of), that a lot of coaches haven't been to the new site yet.

Sounds like an excuse to me. I would think that coaches would know where to vote if you didn't get something in the mail after a period of time. Some coaches just don't nominate kids ever. It happens every year and that isn't fair to the kids.

I hate to say it but this whole post-season award thing is the biggest joke around.

For example, the Friendswood girls beat Foster, Lindale, and Whitehouse by a combined score of 17-1 in the final 3 rounds of the Region III Championships. In those 3 games combined -- against 3 of the best offensive teams in the Region -- the Friendswood midfielders and marking backs allowed less than 15 shots on goal total, and not one of those FHS midifielders or marking backs makes the All-Region team? That's a joke! Ask the Lindale and Whitehouse forwards who are the best defenders in the Region. Ask the Lindale and Whitehouse midfielders who are the best midfielders in the region.

Also in the Foster, Lindale, and Whitehouse games, AH of FHS scored 8 goals and had about 4 assists. She is by far the best player in the region, and yet she does not make the All-Region team? That's a joke!

I may be completely wrong(i do apologize if i am), but i would be willing to say that is the coaches fault. With those kind of stats i can't see them not getting votes and i would think that their coach simply did not nominate them.

Okay, maybe this will help a little bit.

There are approximately 1000 schools playing soccer (500 boys, 500 girls). There are about 750 TASCO members, the VAST majority are head coaches. The VAST, VAST majority of good programs have head coaches who are members.

This year we went all online for nominating and balloting. This was mailed out to the membership on a postcard. It was announced at the fall TASCO clinic and it was posted on the website which we have had for YEARS. If anyone looked for it or just asked, it was easy to find.

TASCO members nominate and vote for all-region / all-state. TASCO member coaches may nominate up to three players from their team. If a team qualifies for the state FINAL game, they may add a player to the all-region and all-state team that was not previously nominated. Hence, a couple of schools have four players on all-state or all-region.

This year we had one of the largest group of nominees we have ever had in region III. I didn't see regions I, II, IV since it is not my region. This year we had a TREMENDOUS response in terms of balloting. In region III, we probably had more ballots cast than I have ever seen since we changed the format in 1999, when they added a separate 4A conference champion.

The names of players that are nominated are not made public to keep coaches from having to deal with parents angry that their child was not nominated over other players from the same team.

I can HONESTLY say that I saw MANY players who should have been at least nominated this year but weren't. However, the players that were selected were very deserving if not the absolute cream of the crop.

So basically if some of the "good" kids were not picked for all region on the ballot the their coach

didn't even nominate them. Geez! That is the coaches responsibility. I feel sorry for those kids.

So...does that mean that lawdog didn't nominate ANY of his boys? Dang, that #### for them.

FHSfan I am guessing that is what happened with your girls also. That really stinks. That is a

an honor for those kids and they totally deserved it. Oh well, better luck next year.