All Region/All State

QueenHornet

FHSFAN1

I agree that FHS could have had several more girls on the all-region team. There was one who wasn't who is probably better at her position than any of the others. As with all "ALL" teams, there will always be those who should have made it but didn't and those who did and shouldn't. Every sport at every level has rules in place to try and get some representation from the larger group. The state tournament slots a number of selections for each school, regardless of how they did. Is this fair? The districts usually allocate number of slots depending on how the teams finished. As the professional level, most all star games require at least one member from every team be represented. Is this fair? More deserving players are left out all of the time. It is a fact of life. Your coach chose the four players on the list for a reason. Do you agree with it - no. Were better players from your team left off - yes. Coaches always have to make selections for who gets recognized and who doesn't. Tournament teams are picked by the coaches. Hopefully your coach was able to spread the recognition for players not making the TASCO team to some other elite level list. Maybe she only picks seniors to be nominated. Anyway, have fun in Region III next year. Most of this area will be in Region II. If you post on stxsoccer.com, let us know so we can find out how things are going down in your area.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with Eagle. I also feel that their might be a correlation between your current view point and the reason that the players, who were not of the 3 nominated per team, might be the exact reason why they were left off the list. The deserving players who were voted onto their respective teams should be very proud. It is honor to be chosen.

FHSfan - Players do not play for awards, they play because they like to play the game. Your long-winded rhetoric is exactly what is wrong with high school sports and parents feeling validated through their kids achievements. From all of your posts, what other point of view should I have about you?

As long as your kid makes the choice to play and is happy playing, then what problem should you have? As Eagle said, I also feel that you would have no contention if "your players" were all chosen.

The season is over. Let's get ready for next year!!!!!!! :thumbsup: I am a new user. Disregard new post.