? for cheaptrick or any one else

BRAD

Guest bleeds
before I ask you want to tell i just found out. tell me what guitarist replaced Eric Clapton in 1972 as best musician

Grammy?

Guitarist?

Help us out here.

Guest bleeds
different country, did not have any commercial hits, was not mainstream

Then I'm done.

Guest bleeds
Carlos was not successful ? C'mon bro, Carlos has been quite successful.

Easy Johann Sebastian. We posted at the same time. His came up first.

Obscure, thinking totally obscure. Not much success, 1972 replaced Clapton. Now, I'm thinking about the Hendrix giving the "Pink Lady" to Billy Gibbons. It's not Joe Satriani, he was raised in America. I bet it's some Japanese artist that I've never heard of.

Yngwie Johann Malmsteen

Yngwie was 9 years old in 1972 :whome:

I guess I don't understand the question .......... :unsure:

Are we talking about a music publication (Rolling Stone, Creem, Melody Maker, etc) that awards an annual "Best Musician" honor .......... with Clapton having won the award every year (up to 1972) all the way back to his Cream days ???

How about ........... Rory Gallagher

CheapTrick you're good.

This is why I was thinking Yngwie : Malmsteen was born on June 30, 1963, as the first child of a musically talented family in Stockholm, Sweden. At age seven, he saw a television news report on the death of Jimi Hendrix. To quote his official website, "The day Jimi Hendrix died, the guitar-playing Malmsteen was born". At the age of 10 he took his mother's maiden name Malmsten as his surname, slightly changed it to Malmsteen, and Anglicised his given name Yngve to "Yngwie". Wikipedia.

Taste pre-dated Thin Lizzy by three years ... Taste from Cork, Thin Lizzy from Dublin.

Although Thin Lizzy developed into one in the greatest (and criminally underrated) bands in Rock & Roll history, Taste's sound was much heavier than Thin Lizzy's circa 1969-1970.