Harleton v Hughes Springs

FlowJack

Harleton v Hughes Springs  

54 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Harleton
    • Hughes Springs

count me as another who agrees that behind teel and mckinney, HS takes it in two.

although harleton has some sticks, they were close to running out of pitching in the CH series and i just cant seem them beating teal AND mckinney...

count me as another who agrees that behind teel and mckinney, HS takes it in two.

although harleton has some sticks, they were close to running out of pitching in the CH series and i just cant seem them beating teal AND mckinney...

McKiney,Teel,and Morgan are very hittable.McKiney will walk run after run he is to wild and teel will lose it if you get into his head.. THE CATS in 3...

McKiney,Teel,and Morgan are very hittable.McKiney will walk run after run he is to wild and teel will lose it if you get into his head.. THE CATS in 3...

Teel and Mckinney have come a long ways in the past couple of years. They have alot of composure on the mound when things are good and bad. Mckinney has found his groove also and cut down on alot of the walks. I believe Teel had 16 Ks in his first playoff game...that doesn't sound very hittable to me.

Teel and Mckinney have come a long ways in the past couple of years. They have alot of composure on the mound when things are good and bad. Mckinney has found his groove also and cut down on alot of the walks. I believe Teel had 16 Ks in his first playoff game...that doesn't sound very hittable to me.

Let's don't write the Wildcats off yet. This team has averaged 13 runs/game in the playoffs (5 games). I find it hard to imagine that McKinney & Teel can shut them down completely. Harleton in three...

Let's don't write the Wildcats off yet. This team has averaged 13 runs/game in the playoffs (5 games). I find it hard to imagine that McKinney & Teel can shut them down completely. Harleton in three...

13 runs/game facing mediocre to average pitching at best......no where near the quality that they'll face this weekend! Should be good one to watch though....HS in 3

what makes these pitchers from HS so good? can they just flat out blow it by you or do they have nasty stuff?i havent seen either team play this year but got a chance to see HS play two years ago and they could flat out swing it...any simularites to that team this year

Teel is throwing 89-90 consistently and Mckinney heats it up to about 94...these guys are legit and have nasty offspeed pitches. Both are going to play ball at the next level. Morgan is also a very good pitcher...doesnt have the speed they do but has alot of nasty stuff.

Teel is throwing 89-90 consistently and Mckinney heats it up to about 94...these guys are legit and have nasty offspeed pitches. Both are going to play ball at the next level. Morgan is also a very good pitcher...doesnt have the speed they do but has alot of nasty stuff.

Harleton's kids can hit that meat so Hughes better have some nasty offspeed pitches...

Harleton's kids can hit that meat so Hughes better have some nasty offspeed pitches...

I like it flow... I like it a lot!

94 is some serious stuff but you are right, he better bring some offspeed stuff or it will be flying around.

Guest JAKEBRAKE
what makes these pitchers from HS so good? can they just flat out blow it by you or do they have nasty stuff?i havent seen either team play this year but got a chance to see HS play two years ago and they could flat out swing it...any simularites to that team this year

No similarities whatsoever. This team just plays good team ball, they find a way to win. They are way overrated and I think anyone from HS, including the coach would tell you that, they in no way believe their ranking, but they do everything possible to protect it. This is the year Tommy Stewart should have won coach of the year, not 2 years ago. What he has done with 3 seniors, 1 Jr and a ton of freshman and sophomores is incredible. And whoever it was that said 94mph fastball was meat, is sniffing glue and smoking crack. That's bringing it at any level, much less the 2A high school level. I think this will be a great series and I'm looking forward to it.

i had the chance to cover the CH-Harleton series, as well as the hughes springs series...CH played very sloppy and doesn't have the strongest pitching...of the 26 runs harleton scored in those two games against CH...probably 8 or 9 of them were unearned...also the harleton had trouble keeping CH down in game two...

Hughes springs dominated their series...game one against winnsboro was the first time HS had played in over two weeks...

as mentioned teel gets his fastball around 88-90. judson morgan only reaches about 84 with his fastball BUT has a disgusting curve that breaks off at the plate every time.

HS in 2...too much power in their pitching...

Who were the D1 teams lucky enough to snag this pair. I mean 89-90 and 94 with nasty offspeed means you should have already committed somewhere. Anyone know where those two are going?

Hasn't McKinney signed with the Hogs? I heard UT-Tyler was wanting Teel.

If any high school team can light up 94 mph consistently , I want to see them. Guess I need to see this 94 mph heater against this mlb roster series this weekend.