3-A softball playoffs

leopardfan16

Wakeland is 20-6-1 on the year and has a pitcher (sophomore Alexis Cantu) that their coach compares to Lacey Middlebrooks. She shutout Quinland Ford and Wills Point. They also beat West, which went to state last year.

Wakeland was second in its district behind Celina. It was a very strong district with Prosper and Princeton, too.

Cantu right at 250 strikeouts in 152 innings.

If L-E continues to play defense like it has I think the Lady Leopards will prevail, but you never know. Wakeland wasn't supposed to beat West or Wills Point.

This series is far from over. Wakeland's pitcher matched everything Middlebrooks did. She had 16 strikeouts and Middlebrooks 13 I believe. Both gave up 3 hits. Two of L-E's hits came in the ninth inning, doubles by Johnson and Treas. L-E might have had one error, they played great defense.

Wakeland made at least 9 errors, and L-E scored 6 runs in one inning.

That's a bunch of you know what. L-E had 11 hits and 6 of its 8 runs were earned. They scored 6 runs in third inning with Heather Reynolds lining a single to left, Kaylee Treas doubling to right-center and Lacey Middlebrooks smashing a single over the shortstop's head. Middlebrooks also hit a home run. It was an outstanding hitting display against a really good pitcher.

Before Liberty-Eylau's Semi-Final Regional "Lacey Middlebrooks had 311 Strikeouts in 116 innings and only allowed 1 earned run. Now after the Semi-Finals (2 games) they played. What is her total "Strikeouts" and "how many innings pitched" and "did she give up a earned run"?

I think the score was 1-0 and 8-1.

This might be to much to ask but who are the Top Pitchers in Texas?

I looked at the article in our local paper from the Saturday after the LE/FW series.

Adding the numbers from that series to the numbers mentioned in your post would have Middlebrooks at 22-2 on the year, with 332 strikeouts in 132 innings (I think). mrknowitall will have more specific info about her ERA, etc...

There's another thread below about "Returning Pitchers" that can give you some insight to your last question. Erin Kipp (sophomore from Bullard) and Alexis Cantu (sophomore from Frisco Wakeland) were both very good.

Coach Tipton went back and reexamined his stats. The team is now officially 22-2-1 on the year and Lacey is 21-1, her only real loss being to Mount Vernon. The UIL doesn't count tournament pool play games on a team's record.