Hemphill or Buna

skeetem

Who will win  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Hemphill or Buna

• Hemphill
    • Buna

I feel Buna will win this extremely tough series. Buna pitching gets a slight edge and Buna's defense is also a slight edge. Hemphill gets the edge on hitting but as they say pitching and defense win championships. Best of luck to both and the winner should represent the region well in Round Rock.

Haven't seen Buna but i was really impressed with hemphill's defense against harleton. They made 3-4 incredible plays in the outfield to win that series. They also have a balanced offense and hit the ball pretty weel.

hemphill doesn't have a "dominate" pitcher but #3 throws tons of ground balls and let's his defense work.

I have not seen Buna play, but understand that they are a good young team. Hemphill starts 8 seniors and one exceptional sophmore. They have two young pitchers on the bench that pitch as good as #1 and #2. These kids have played together and been succesful for a lot of years. Hemphill has been under rated and overlooked in baseball for a long time. This team is the real deal in 2A baseball and it would not surprise me if they win a State Championship. Hemphill has quietly been building a solid baseball program for several years. I look for a good series with Buna and Hemphill wins in three.

Who did Hemphill pitch last night? Did Buna hit the ball or did Hemphill make some mistake in the field? Both teams are good ball clubs and I hope the HORNETS can battle back and win two on Saturday. Remember it doesn't mean anything to win the first game if you don't win game 2 or 3.

Good Luck HORNETS.

Who did Hemphill pitch last night? Did Buna hit the ball or did Hemphill make some mistake in the field? Both teams are good ball clubs and I hope the HORNETS can battle back and win two on Saturday. Remember it doesn't mean anything to win the first game if you don't win game 2 or 3.

Good Luck HORNETS.

Adam Wright was on the mound and pitched five great innings, but they hit everything he threw up there in the 6th. After the damage was done, Chad Ford came in and finished the inning. Buna is a very solid defensive team and will take every thing you give them. It will be interesting to see what their next pitcher looks like. The Hornets looked uptight the first three innings, but found their comfort zone in the fourth. Great game, although I was disappointed with the outcome. Buna, btw, has some great fans who really support their team.

Both teams made a few errors. Buna had 4 and Hemphill had 3. buna in the sixth had 6 base hits and #7 came in relief abd I think Ford is #4. Buna has nothing but respect for Hemphill and are getting for a battle on Saturday. Twenty20 your right about winning 2 games and I hope the Buna kids and coaching staff are thinking the same thing. Best of luck to both teams and it's a shame that only one of these teams can go to Round Rock.

Adam Wright was on the mound and pitched five great innings, but they hit everything he threw up there in the 6th. After the damage was done, Chad Ford came in and finished the inning. Buna is a very solid defensive team and will take every thing you give them. It will be interesting to see what their next pitcher looks like. The Hornets looked uptight the first three innings, but found their comfort zone in the fourth. Great game, although I was disappointed with the outcome. Buna, btw, has some great fans who really support their team.

Chris Burdette (Soph) came in to pitch - not Chad Ford.

Hemphill in two. Both solid, equally matched teams pitching wise and defensively but Hemphill just has more "pop" in their line up. Callin it now Himphill to win state too. :blink:

O.K. I'm an idiot . . . but this ones gotta be right : Buna = state champs (in not Im gonna be :sick: )