Stephen Hodge - Tatum(TCU)OR Kendall Wright -Pittsburg(BAYLOR)

btshammerhead, I'm gonna add someone else to this list and its Manual Johnson. My personal opinion is that Manual is one of the very best athletes to come thru east texas also. I think Manual and Kendall compare very equally, but I would give the SLIGHT edge to Kendall because of his BBall and Track and Field feats. Manual taught Kendall alot, and their attitudes and demeanor are alike also, 2 great kids and even better students. Manual has done well on the ther level, it remains to be seen what Kendall does, thus I think Kendall will have the better college career barring injury.

Hodge has made a name for himself in the NCAA being selected to this years pre-season All-American list so its pretty hard to argue with who has had the better college career out of him and M. Johnson. Manuel Johnson has done well but he should have a great season this year now that he's out of the shadow of Malcomn Kelly and will be considered a top target. There's another name that can be added to the discussion. Kelly which was a 2nd round pick in the draft was a big time target for OU and did some great things for them as well as the great things that he did for the Longview Lobos during his high school career.

Now with the new guys in college, K. Wright should see early playing time at Baylor and have a standout college career. Lennon Creer and Denarius Moore should start making an impact at Tennessee as well.

But as far as the topic of the thread, Hodge was pretty tough for Tatum. A 3 year starter who piled up 99 TDs in his 3 year varsity career. As a junior he rushed for more than 2,000 yards and passed for more than 1,600 yards, combining for 45 touchdowns, earning district MVP honors... as a senior he completed 105-of-160 passes for 1,471 yards, 20 touchdowns and five interceptions and rushed for 1,561 yards and 19 touchdowns in a 12-2 campaign to earn district MVP honors for a second time... in three seasons he rushed for more than 4,000 yards and 51 touchdowns while passing for nearly 4,500 yards and 48 scores... member of the Star-Telegram's State 100 list... ranked 56th on the state 100 list by Rivals.com... on the TexasPrepXtra.com's East Texas all-Underclassmen team and on their 2004 All-East team... ran a 4.4 40-yard dash. He definitely put his names in the history book at Tatum High.

Wright was a standout at Pittsburg as well. Maybe someone could post his HS stats.

Hodge has made a name for himself in the NCAA being selected to this years pre-season All-American list so its pretty hard to argue with who has had the better college career out of him and M. Johnson. Manuel Johnson has done well but he should have a great season this year now that he's out of the shadow of Malcomn Kelly and will be considered a top target. There's another name that can be added to the discussion. Kelly which was a 2nd round pick in the draft was a big time target for OU and did some great things for them as well as the great things that he did for the Longview Lobos during his high school career.

He will not have the type of year that you are expecting. Juaquin Iglesias is by far a superior athlete and will be Oklahoma's #1 wide receiver. Quentin Chaney and Josh Jarboe will be fighting for the 2 and 3 spots. Manuel is a good option, just not a top one here in the nation's capitol for great football.

It is speculated here in Norman that he will see more time as a second tight end. Spring game he worked a little of both.

Of course, this all could very well change.

Jameel Owens, Dejuan Miller, T.J. Hamilton, Ryan Broyles (red shirted last year), Carter Whitson, Adron Tennell, Rashad Hutchins (red shirted last year), Tyler Stradford (red shirted last year), Corey Wilson (red shirted last year) and Brandon Caleb

-will all have something to say about that.

I like the kid, know him personally, so do not think that I am a homer. I am just stating my opinion, from a guy who sits on the sidelines.