Softball in 2009, Who's gonna be the Team to beat.

Beehappy

Wow...what an ill informed statement....Let me guess...ya beat SH in a warmup game so we got lucky in the playoffs...If you got a chance to watch them play you saw a pretty good team beat some really good teams....Lets see SH beat Van, Royce City, and took LE to a third game...guess we found lots of acorns then...Redeagle,,,next time you post try to make a little more sense...You wouldnt know a good team if it you saw one...

I wouldn't count Van out. They did not lose one starter from last years team. Gaining atleast 5+ freshman that are great ball players and a new head coach. SH had to beat them in 3 last year to advance. Both teams are great and I would expect both of them to go deep into the playoffs.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't count Van out. They did not lose one starter from last years team. Gaining atleast 5+ freshman that are great ball players and a new head coach. SH had to beat them in 3 last year to advance. Both teams are great and I would expect both of them to go deep into the playoffs.

I will say this about Van..they will be good....Got to watch them play a few games last year and they were good and young..they lost a great head coach but that shouldnt stop them from being good. They had some girls that could flat hit the ball...It will be a fun year just wish it would get here..

Thanks to everyone who has been interested in Lacey and her injury. Lacey's surgery went very well, and the third day after the surgery she was able to put her crutches down and walk unaided in a fixed hinge brace. I think anyone familiar with the patellar graft surgery knows the agony of the first days after surgery, as well as the pain of physical therapy and the ups and downs of dealing with it all. But she is doing well in therapy and has a great attitude. Her surgeon is very pleased with the results (she did almost 6 weeks of pre-surgical rehab to prepare her knee) and has given her an excellent prognosis, so she is fiercely determined and focused on her recovery. She has stayed involved with the volleyball team and will be on the bench and help with basketball. The coaches who recruited her to Minnesota have been behind her all the way, as have all the coaches at LE. Knowing that softball remains a large part of her near future is keeping her spirits up, as is the visible progress she is making in physical therapy. She is not limiting herself to any timeline right now, and is staying firmly on her prescribed regimen, seeing this as just a beginning, not an end.

So glad to hear everything went well....Had a chance to talk to this young lady before and after they eliminated SH last year in the regional finals...I personally thought she was a class act and showed true sportsmenship....as well as the rest of her teammates. To the parents, you raised a great young lady who carries herself on and off the field like athletes shoud. May her recovery go well and may she have a fun and successful career at Minn. Hope she likes cold weather..lol..

I want you guys and gals to keep an eye on Linden-Kildare for the next 4 years. Taylor Wells(fresh) is gonna cause some problems for alot of teams in 2a.

98crush...I would have to agree...have seen this kid play since 6th grade and she is the real deal! Can pitch, hit and field...She should have a great hs career....As a freshman she is throwing close to 60mph...with lots of junk to go with it, so it will be fun to keep up with how she is doing.

98crush...I would have to agree...have seen this kid play since 6th grade and she is the real deal! Can pitch, hit and field...She should have a great hs career....As a freshman she is throwing close to 60mph...with lots of junk to go with it, so it will be fun to keep up with how she is doing.

Actually throwing 61-62 now. There are also 3-4 other girls from L-K that played with the Anderson tm that will make up the high school squad. I don't typically follow High School softball that close, but this should be a team to be reckoned with.

Actually throwing 61-62 now. There are also 3-4 other girls from L-K that played with the Anderson tm that will make up the high school squad. I don't typically follow High School softball that close, but this should be a team to be reckoned with.

Watch out for 9-3A Celina Ladycats. They are LOADED !!!!! East Texas teams will have to go through CELINA.

9-3A Celina... Cronin, Knowles, and move-in from Aubrey.. Roos will lead the way

10-3A North Lamar.. 12 All District players in 4A last year

11-3A FW Castleberry... Lost Contreras.. but will still be fast!

12-3A Crandall.. Pitcher will carry them

13-3A Lovejoy.. 6 All District players, 2 Superlative Awards

14-3A Van.. No senior starters lost, Wills Point lost 5 but returns Perry

16-3A Liberty Eylau if Middlebrooks pitches... even though they return no other starters

• 2 weeks later...

You gotta watch that Ivy girl (Soph) pitcher in QC also, she's got the pitching ( low 60's ), hitting, speed on the bases and the fielding. They have another girl thats hard hitter in their lineup that may have a break out season in some long balls too this yr. QC is loaded with SOPH's so the future is bright for them as well.

I wonder if the wells girl will get much pitching time in LK with the talent they already have on that team at pitching. The JR squad they have are pretty tight and very talented and have played together as a select team as well. They have a new head coach coming from the baseball side so it will be interesting to see.

You gotta watch that Ivy girl (Soph) pitcher in QC also, she's got the pitching ( low 60's ), hitting, speed on the bases and the fielding. They have another girl thats hard hitter in their lineup that may have a break out season in some long balls too this yr. QC is loaded with SOPH's so the future is bright for them as well.

I wonder if the wells girl will get much pitching time in LK with the talent they already have on that team at pitching. The JR squad they have are pretty tight and very talented and have played together as a select team as well. They have a new head coach coming from the baseball side so it will be interesting to see.

Yeah I watched the Ivy girl last year and she is a really good pitcher, hitter and has lots of speed on the bases, also that hard hitting 1st baseman QC has I believe is also a soph, seen her hit a couple of long balls last year...best thing about both of those girls is they have great parents theat really support them.....very talented young group there at QC

I have to say that Van will have an outstanding year. If any of the Freshman play - I believe there are at least 4 from a tournament team that should push Van to a great season. I can not wait to see them play.

Good luck to everyone. All the girls I know from East Texas have been working hard to improve the game of softball. This should be a very competitive year for all area schools.

9-3A Celina... Cronin, Knowles, and move-in from Aubrey.. Roos will lead the way

10-3A North Lamar.. 12 All District players in 4A last year

11-3A FW Castleberry... Lost Contreras.. but will still be fast!

12-3A Crandall.. Pitcher will carry them

13-3A Lovejoy.. 6 All District players, 2 Superlative Awards

14-3A Van.. No senior starters lost, Wills Point lost 5 but returns Perry

16-3A Liberty Eylau if Middlebrooks pitches... even though they return no other starters

Even if Middlebrooks pitches, Mount Vernon easily wins 16-3A. They're loaded.

I want you guys and gals to keep an eye on Linden-Kildare for the next 4 years. Taylor Wells(fresh) is gonna cause some problems for alot of teams in 2a.

I will agree that 17 2A should have a lot of competition this year. Chapel Hill is usually pretty solid. L-K should be another top contender. Queen City made a great comeback last year after a slow start. Know Coach Brownlee will have the girls working hard over there. Ivy girl shows a lot of heart in competing. She is only a sophmore, as is most of the team. Hope they go far, they deserve it after having such a let down in the football and volleyball season. Hughes Springs will also be in the running.

Not sure what DFIELD, Ore City or Jefferson will have.

Wish all the girls the best of luck!!!!!!!!!!!

GO BIG BLUE!

• 3 weeks later...
Sabines history? not much really..they went pretty deep the year before last but thats about it. and this past year they graduated their pitcher...and cf. WO i believe would be the favorite as they advanced three rounds deep this year and only lost two players and beat Harmony this past year pretty handidly 5-1 and even beat them the year before..but yes e.f. is always tough as well. it should be a very fun district.

whiteoak, isnt that good