GPS Question

ETBU89

My husband wants a GPS distance finder thingy :rolleyes: to use on the golf course. I'm wondering - does anyone have any suggestions as to what brand I should buy him? It needs to be REALLY user friendly!!!

Thanks!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Went with Garmin GolfLogix GPS - Hubby LOVES it!!! :happy65: VERY user friendly since I have to do all the computer stuff, and I'm just barely tech savvy! :rolleyes:

I think he's set now - new set of irons, woods, driver, old lucky putter, and a GPS! Don't want to brag - but the man is soooooo spoiled - and I've loved every minute of it! :thumbsup:

I think they are over rated.. I "rented" one at Crooked Hollow about a month ago and it had me all kinds of confused on which club to use. According to it just about every approach shot I had I was between clubs... GPS not for me... Im sure it works for some people......

Hubby had just the opposite experience. First liked them when he played at Twin Lakes - then had a golfer on his team a few weeks ago who had one. He's a numbers guy. I guess he likes the challenge of figuring out yardage and clubs. He also plays on so many different courses that it probably comes in handy figuring out a new course. Who knows? As pricey as it was - glad he likes it! :rolleyes:

• 1 month later...