2008 US OPEN at Torrey Pines

Guest Huck

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest imyahuckleberry

###$%$@% I CAN'T BELIEVE I MISSED THAT!!

As big a fan as I am of Tiger's I was pulling for Roc.

Thanks for all the updates

LOL i was pulling for him too. I am happy tiger won but roc is a great guy(from what i can tell) i love the way he plays the game. Always has a smile on his face and look like he enjoys it. Hopefully my dad taped it lol or i will catch sportscenter. :thumbdown:

Awesome tourney!!! Rocco was one of the only men in the world to not just absolutely crumble under the pressure that Tiger puts on his opponents. Rocco was down by 3 strokes, and made a hat trick to force the sudden death. In the end, driving the ball in the fairway and putting the ball on the green in regulation was what counted. The USGA gets an A+ on this course setup--and Torrey Pines gets an A+ on a fabulous golf course.

Guest bleeds
There should be more fathers like you, OBTS. They are blessed. However, I teach 7th and 8th graders, and they are very impressionable and emulate after the stars, superstars, and megastars.... All I have to do is watch how they dress and act - listen to how they talk.

The point in my original post is that I didn't like seeing Tiger act like a baby. That is what I would tell my children (if they were younger) and my grandchildren. I can't excuse him just because he's a great athlete, playing in a high-stakes tournament - not feeling well - hitting substandard shots, etc. In my eyes character is character; what goes into the heart, mind, soul, and body - comes out in actions and speech. All I did here on Smoaky was state my opinion.

Isn't that what we all did?

BTW, Tiger is a golfing machine. A true champion. There should be more like him, with his determination and drive.

###$%$@% I CAN'T BELIEVE I MISSED THAT!!

As big a fan as I am of Tiger's I was pulling for Roc.

Thanks for all the updates

I watched some at work and then made it home to record 17, 18 and 7. Somehow I was able to get back home to watch it without anyone telling me the outcome! That was one great weekend of golf that I bet will have golf courses across the nation covered with golfers this weekend.