O'Reilly's Appearance in Grand Prairie

Seminole44

I went to Grand Prairie last night to listen to O'Reilly speak at the Nokia Theatre. He spoke for about an hour and then had about a 35 min Q & A. I found it to be very enlightening, I wish more people would get the opportunity to listen to him speak, especially those who think he's some ultra conservative who never bashes Republicans and is always against Democrats. The majority of his talk was devoted to the election and the two candidates, he spoke about each candidates strengths as well as each other's shortcomings. He never once "bashed" either candidate, but was critical of each on some topics.

Interestingly, he believes that McCain has to attack Obama with questions on Iraq/National Security, The Energy Crisis, and the general economy. He added that McCain has an advantage in that he still has time to make a few changes to his policies and be able to appeal to more candidates where as Obama is tied to the far left, he has very little wiggle room in that regard, especially on The Oil/Energy problems because Obama is tied to the crazy environmentalists.

Some other comments that were either interesting and or funny:

1. Hillary lost because she was outcampaigned by Obama and the media fell in love with him.

2. Iraq will eventually be a victory for America...you'll never hear this from the media, and according to him it had nothing to do with Conservatives/Dems but with our soldiers

3. A CIA contact of his has said the leaders of Iran are very interested in this election and one reason they haven't tried to attack us or Israel is because they literally think Bush is crazy....interestingly enough, the CIA contact says they think McCain is worse than Bush

4. We should have been drilling in ANWR 20 years ago, the caribou would welcome the pipeline, but oh no, because like John Kerry told O'Reilly, "its pristine." O'Reilly's retort: "So is my mother, and even she wants to drill there."

5. Obama's toughest interview to date was his interview with Ellen Degeneres...

6. Romney will be the VP---fundraising and Michigan being critical

7. Finally, O'Reilly said that if he's given the opportunity to interview Obama, one of the first questions he'll ask is......Why does Obama oppose gay marriage?

(Note: I had actually planned on taking notes but stupidly forgot my pen and paper so I can't remember all...I'll edit when I recall other interesting comments.)

Was there anything you thought about O'Reilly prior to hearing him that after hearing him you don't believe anymore?

The only thing that really stood out to me is how smart the guy is. Don't get me wrong I always thought he was smart, but just the way he articulated and explained things, you could tell that this guy knows what he's talking about. I actually talked to a friend of mine before the speech and he made a comment about how he hates that O'Reilly acts like he knows everything and never allows his guests to make a point, and while I agree that sometimes is the case, he definitely isn't short on knowledge of the subject---according to him he reads 12 newspapers a day---the biggest thing is that you can definitely tell he loves America and while he makes a good living doing what he does, it seemed to me he was in it for the right reasons.