Tigers win

UwishUnew

Ok before everyone on this message board bashes me, just hear me out.

As the media let everyone know constantly, Tigers knee was in agonizing pain all week right? Well it seemed to me it was only bothering him when he hit an errant shot. It looked perfectly fine when he was draining eagles from everywhere and he was running and hoping around on that ( bum ) knee. Personally i have had knee surgery similar to his and played in a basketball game 2 weeks later? No one recognizes when football players get their knee scoped and gets back out on the field a couple weeks later with no problems at all. Tiger is no doubt in my mind the best of all time. However, i dont want this to qualify as the best golf triumph of all time as espn is saying because he had a ( hurt ) knee. If he would have lost it would have been all because the knee, while now thathe won its thegreastest win ever? either way you look at it the media wins. You have to give credit where credit is due, he deserves it all, but i got so tired this week of hearing johnny miller say after every tee shot: " oh he must bein agonizing pain after that shot" it really got old fast as i knew going in that the knee would be all that was talked about.

In conclusion, Tiger is still the best, Rocco gave it up. But the knee was just a big fat excuse to me that the media created for him. Did Tiger ever complain about the knee during the tournament? i didnt hear it, but my bet is he just viewed it as a distraction and dealt with it and preceded to play the tournament.

This was by far the best U.S Open i have watched, but also the worst because all the attention was on Tigers knee situation. It disgusted me. But congrats to tiger on another great win. The media needs to stop ruining a great sporting event with their lousy excuses on why tiger might not win

I agree. It's almost like the media needed a story just in case Tiger lost. Get real - it was a great tournament - probably one of the best I can remember - mainly because Rocco played a great game. He's "old"; Tiger was "wounded." Pretty even match-up. :rolleyes: Rocco stayed in the running - kept nipping at Tiger's heels and looked like he was having fun. Both men had great moments; both had some pretty awful-looking ones. The one with the last bad shot lost. That's the way it should be.

Guest bleeds
The media needs to stop ruining a great sporting event with their lousy excuses on why tiger might not win

That's pathetic.

It's a miracle. We have a member here on SDC who can look through the TV and know if someone is hurting or not.

You have reached conclusions based on nothing but assumptions.

Unbelieveable.

BTW, Robert Tilton, it was announced during regulation that Tiger only had pain after he struck the ball.

Brilliant.

As the media let everyone know constantly, Tigers knee was in agonizing pain all week right? Well it seemed to me it was only bothering him when he hit an errant shot. It looked perfectly fine when he was draining eagles from everywhere and he was running and hoping around on that ( bum ) knee. Personally i have had knee surgery similar to his and played in a basketball game 2 weeks later?

Do you really think your driveway basketball game compares to Tiger's situation? I saw that his knee bothered him on tee shots that hit the fairway as well as the occasional "errant shot." Saying Tiger had loser limp is absurd.

Tiger's knee is more troublesome than temporary. He all but admitted he reinjured it here, said he was shutting things down again for a while and might skip the British Open next month. It was a clear testament not just to the potential severity but that this may be worse than ever.

"I need to take a little bit of a break," he said. "It's been sore a while."

His doctors had told him not to play this week. They had said his left knee might not just wind up sore, but reinjured, perhaps for a long time, perhaps forever, perhaps making this wincing, limping Tiger Woods of Torrey Pines the norm.

"I'm not really good at listening to doctor's orders," Woods said.

He may be now. He was in drastic pain here, popping painkillers and in occasional agony after certain shots. For the first time, his career is facing an uncertain future. Suddenly this run at history might not be so simple, that one day passing Jack Nicklaus' record of 18 majors, while still highly likely, might not be just a matter of time.

http://sports.yahoo.com/golf/pga/news?slug...o&type=lgns

Guest bleeds

Uwishunew, it seems it is UwhowishUnew (along with all others who presumed Tiger was faking or had the loser's limp).

Try again. Do better.

I saw the TV coverage and those were NOT fake winces, and grimaces. It really HURT him. If youv'e ever played golf, the left knee twists on every shot. Not just the errant ones. I can imagine the pain was very stabbing and after a while it was constant. (Football players also wear heavy braces and pads to prevent them from the twisting motion that is caused by swinging a golf club) I'll never be convinced it was fake.

It appears that even Bela Karolyi wanted Tiger to rest the knee.

tiger_strug.jpg

The photo was funny, but Tiger's career is in jeopardy. Personally, I think this win marks the top of his career and now he will spiral down. That doesn't mean he won't win again. He's talking about missing the British Open and other events, this legitimizes his injury to me. Injuries have kept a lot of great athletes from breaking incredible records, I hope this is not the case for Tiger.

One more thing I might add. Tiger is still one of the few that wears steel spikes. The left foot doesn't turn. The body rotates, thus rotating the legs at the knees. Again the foot is frimly planted and cleated. By the way, I'm not a huge Tiger fan, but this could be anyone.

I was NOT taking a jab at Tiger, but I thought the picture was funny too. I think he will most likey need surgery again.

BTW... In the game against the Giants when Emmitt seperated his shoulder but kept playing, no one said his pain only appeared when he was tackled for a loss or no gain.

I was NOT taking a jab at Tiger, but I thought the picture was funny too. I think he will most likey need surgery again.

BTW... In the game against the Giants when Emmitt seperated his shoulder but kept playing, no one said his pain only appeared when he was tackled for a lose or no gain.

Agree Blue, I think he re-damaged it. I don't know if it was worth it or not. Only he knows that answer.

Guest bleeds

People hide or deal with pain differently. To assume the pain would be visible on every shot, if at all is a bit bold. I don't think Tiger playing hurt had much to do with the money, except for the contractual obligation to his sponsors. I believe he is the consumate competitor. It is more important to him to win, IMO, than to win money, if that makes sense. Tiger was raised on a golf course. He knew how to make shots at an age when most kids were playing with their G.I. Joe's. His quality of play defines him.

I wasnt suggesting in anyway that Tiger was faking the knee injury, just suggesting that it is was less severe the he and the media made it out to be.

Id put my bank account on that tiger plays in the british open. I say theres no chance that he does not play

Guest bleeds
I wasnt suggesting in anyway that Tiger was faking the knee injury, just suggesting that it is was less severe the he and the media made it out to be.

No Arnold Palmer, that's exactly what you did. You need to go back and reread your post. You did everything but come out and say the words "Tiger was faking."

Amd yes twisted i have played golf, actually im a scratch and will play you for any amount, any day, on any course.

And quite cocky at that. What does that statement have to do with what I was explaining. I could care less about playing golf with you.

Guest bleeds
Amd yes twisted i have played golf, actually im a scratch and will play you for any amount, any day, on any course.

Looks like a guy with a short putter to me.

A scratch? What a big steamy pile. I don't think you play much golf at all, on the other hand I think you have a big truck with a giant lift and huge tires.

"If you don't agree with me, I'll beat you at golf!" HA HA HA!!!!!!!! Childish........................