Still can't decide on who to vote for?

Rhino2K

Note: If you don't have an imagination, or you rely on short-term memory, this won't work. :thumbsup:

Imagine yourself on the streets of New York City in the morning hours of September 11, 2001. You are experiencing hell on earth; explosions, debris falling from the sky, mass panic, smoke so thick you can barely see the column of concrete that just crashed down in front of you. You are basically in the "survival" mode. You are trying to find a place of refuge. ANYWHERE!! A place where you are safely away from all the smoke, screams, chaos and that gut-wrenching, awful stench in the air. In this moment of despair, who would you like to be your leader? And obviousely I'm talking about our current presidential candidates. Who would you like?

Some of you will come back and say, "Rhino, you are being over-dramatic." My response will be "absolutely not!" Imagine a 9-11 type of event happening tomorrow, but not only on the streets of NYC, but on the streets of:

Boston, Atlanta, Charlotte, Miami, Minneapolis, Austin, Oklahoma City, Denver, Seattle, Los Angeles, Chicago, Phoenix, San Antonio, Dallas, Houston, San Franciso, Honolulu, Indianapolis, Kansas City, Baltimore, Washington DC, Detroit, Las Vegas, Columbus..............all at the same time!!

Not out of a storybook, it's what they dream of!! Who do you want leading the country if/ (hopefully, never...) when it all goes down?

Some of you still think we can negotiate with these lunatics?? Are you freakin' kidding me???!! Do you think that they will just "give up" due to political pressure and sanctions??? If you are waiting for any of the aforementioned to happen, then you might as well resolve your current physical location as your final resting place.

The only way we are going to protect ourselves against these extremists loons is to protect ourselves and our interests. This protection includes using force. I'm not an advocate of us "bullying" ourselves around the globe, but I AM for using whatever force necessary to defend ourselves.

Now, think about your preferred presidential candidate, but choose wisely. Good luck! ;)

My heart goes out to the families and friends who lost a loved one on 9-11-01. I mean no disrespect to those who suffered, or continue to suffer as a result of the attacks.

BTW, I understand that there are other difficult issues at home to contend with; high gas prices, protecting the environment, civil rights, the economy, ...so on an so forth. But I can assure you that if the scenario mentioned in post #1 comes to pass, the $5.00 you're paying for a gallon of gas will be the last thing on your mind.

Folks in Iran and other parts of the world are verryyy interested in this election. Hmmm....wonder why?? :hmm:

Finally watched Charlie Wilson's War last night. One part that stuck with me was close to the end when he wanted money to build schools for the children of Afghanistan. He said something to the effect of ~ over half the survivors of the country are under the age of 14. They don't know that we were the ones behind their liberation from communism; we do this - they'll see us as allies. They will be educated. He said that the problem that America has is the habit of going in and helping liberate, but not staying and finishing the job - not staying until the country is on its feet. It's not "bullying"; it's helping them become independent. We didn't stay in Afghanistan; the Taliban took over - seems like we now know the rest of the story.

I know one of our presidential candidates will "negotiate" and will pull our troops as soon as he gets into office. We will, once again, leave a job incomplete. Rhino, your scenario could become reality.

Great post!

We will, once again, leave a job incomplete. Rhino, your scenario could become reality.

No... It will be a reality only this time the terrorists will be more formidable because Barry will have gutted our military, probably to the extent that in order for us to fight back the draft will need to be reinstated.

No... It will be a reality only this time the terrorists will be more formidable because Barry will have gutted our military, probably to the extent that in order for us to fight back the draft will need to be reinstated.

That's a very scary thought BP.

I'm confused on the gutting of the Armed Forces that everyone keeps talking about.....right now everyone that's serving is volunteer, meaning they're enlisted by their free-will. How can Obama "gut the military" if they don't want to leave.......??? I hope this question makes sense.

Good post Rhino.

-delap

By reducing funding. By cutting weapon systems. By reducing the number of enlistees, By slowing pay raises and promotions. By closing bases. Among others.

Ok. Thanks, BP. Makes sense now.

What kind of a dumb### would do all that?? Obviously the DA that we're talking about, but still how stupid can one person be?!?!

(edited for content by SDC staff)

...the problem that America has is the habit of going in and helping liberate, but not staying and finishing the job - not staying until the country is on its feet. It's not "bullying"; it's helping them become independent. We didn't stay in Afghanistan; the Taliban took over - seems like we now know the rest of the story.

I completely understand and agree with that point yao. I used the term "bullying" for the sake of our more liberal amigos here at SDC. ^_^

When has America "finished the job" since WW2? Korea, Vietnam, Somalia, Iraq et al.

Also, it seems that people in THIS GREAT NATION tend to be drama queens all

to often.

Nice to see you slither out of your rock JRowe.

It's people like you that we need to protect ourselves from!

That kid needs a dog...

Nah. What he needs is a girlfriend.......I hear Spencer's Gifts in Longview might have one...in a box!!! :saint: :w00t:

Ok, sorry. Back on Topic:

Note: If you don't have an imagination, or you rely on short-term memory, this won't work. :thumbsup:

Imagine yourself on the streets of New York City in the morning hours of September 11, 2001. You are experiencing hell on earth; explosions, debris falling from the sky, mass panic, smoke so thick you can barely see the column of concrete that just crashed down in front of you. You are basically in the "survival" mode. You are trying to find a place of refuge. ANYWHERE!! A place where you are safely away from all the smoke, screams, chaos and that gut-wrenching, awful stench in the air. In this moment of despair, who would you like to be your leader? And obviousely I'm talking about our current presidential candidates. Who would you like?

Some of you will come back and say, "Rhino, you are being over-dramatic." My response will be "absolutely not!" Imagine a 9-11 type of event happening tomorrow, but not only on the streets of NYC, but on the streets of:

Boston, Atlanta, Charlotte, Miami, Minneapolis, Austin, Oklahoma City, Denver, Seattle, Los Angeles, Chicago, Phoenix, San Antonio, Dallas, Houston, San Franciso, Honolulu, Indianapolis, Kansas City, Baltimore, Washington DC, Detroit, Las Vegas, Columbus..............all at the same time!!

Not out of a storybook, it's what they dream of!! Who do you want leading the country if/ (hopefully, never...) when it all goes down?

Some of you still think we can negotiate with these lunatics?? Are you freakin' kidding me???!! Do you think that they will just "give up" due to political pressure and sanctions??? If you are waiting for any of the aforementioned to happen, then you might as well resolve your current physical location as your final resting place.

The only way we are going to protect ourselves against these extremists loons is to protect ourselves and our interests. This protection includes using force. I'm not an advocate of us "bullying" ourselves around the globe, but I AM for using whatever force necessary to defend ourselves.

Now, think about your preferred presidential candidate, but choose wisely. Good luck! ;)

My heart goes out to the families and friends who lost a loved one on 9-11-01. I mean no disrespect to those who suffered, or continue to suffer as a result of the attacks.

I think saying we have a "habit of going in and helping liberate, but not staying and finishing the job" is quite a detour from what has been our norm.

To clarify, this was still a point made in the movie. Mr. Wilson was referring to Vietnam. I do not believe in the cut-and-run mentality. I agree with claws - fight them over there; keep them over there because BP you are right - the next time will be more devastating and widespread than the first.

To clarify, this was still a point made in the movie. Mr. Wilson was referring to Vietnam. I do not believe in the cut-and-run mentality. I agree with claws - fight them over there; keep them over there because BP you are right - the next time will be more devastating and widespread than the first.

The book is non-fiction, I can't vouch for the movie. I highly recommend the book.

http://www.amazon.com/Charlie-Wilsons-War-...1079&sr=8-3

I finished through Chapter Seven before the chaos of tests and retests and students' end-of-school cabin fever took over my life. However, Hubby has just about finished the book and said that the movie was a good depiction of it. There's just so much more detail in the book than they could ever possibly put in a movie - maybe a series as long as Roots would work!

Another interesting point in the movie was when a comment was made that Mr. Wilson owned more I.O.U.'s than just about anyone else in Congress. He answered that the people of Nacogdoches County didn't need much; therefore, his vote was "for sell." All those I.O.U.'s were put to good use with this clandestine operation in Afghanistan, but when you consider the power that affords a person in Congress, it's scary. What if Clinton or Obama had that much power at their disposal? Oh - wait a second - maybe they do....

I had a great history teacher friend who, when recommending the book to me, said that he felt it should be required reading for all seniors in Texas. I'm inclined to agree with him. It really opened my eyes to some of the wheeling and dealing of Congress, and to hopefully tie this back to the topic of the thread, the mistakes that cost us.