Tigers season over

ramsn03

Guest bleeds
I said yerterday I thought he would most likey need surgery again. Looks like UwishUnew should wish he knew.

Guess this leaves Mr. Scratch Golfer scratchin' something else.

^ And to think some were calling him a "baby" and saying he was faking injury.

In the event the "some" includes me, my point about his childish antics was his throwing the clubs, which he has done uninjured. Someone else brought up the language, which has also been used more than in just this tournament. I didn't make any comments about his injury, except that the media wouldn't leave it alone. Even Tiger downplayed the injury throughout the weekend which in my useless opinion was a show of class since I think (haven't talked to the man to ask him why he really did it - just guessing) he didn't want to take anything away from his friend Rocco in the event Rocco won the tournament.

I don't understand why athletes (not just Tiger) will take the chance at sacrificing their future careers by playing with an injury. Everyone else was talking about how this could be not just a season-ending injury but possibly a career-ending injury - yet he kept playing through. I know all about drive and determination, but somewhere common sense has to come into play. It's the game he loves, but God forbid, he might just lose his chance to continue playing.

I can't speak about Tiger nor golf for that matter since I know very little about either subject. But after working with athletes for 5 years I still don't understand why they play on an injury. I guess it's their love for the game and their drive for competiteveness. Does that mean they are smart for playing on that injury?? NO. I have yet to figure out why a promising HS athlete, or any athlete that has the potential to make it to the "next level"--(JH, to HS, HS to Jr. Co or HS to University, and University to Pro) would play on an injury. I can think of a few athletes in HS, and Jr. Co that played on injuries......they just didn't state how bad the pain really was, therefore the coach kept saying "Come on son, you can keep going, get your ... out there and do it!!!!"

And, question, but just how in the world did he blow his ACL....playing golf or doing something else?? Like I mentioned I don't know hardly anything about golf....but a blown ACL?!?!?!?!

-delap

In the event the "some" includes me, my point about his childish antics was his throwing the clubs, which he has done uninjured. Someone else brought up the language, which has also been used more than in just this tournament. I didn't make any comments about his injury, except that the media wouldn't leave it alone. Even Tiger downplayed the injury throughout the weekend which in my useless opinion was a show of class since I think (haven't talked to the man to ask him why he really did it - just guessing) he didn't want to take anything away from his friend Rocco in the event Rocco won the tournament.

I don't understand why athletes (not just Tiger) will take the chance at sacrificing their future careers by playing with an injury. Everyone else was talking about how this could be not just a season-ending injury but possibly a career-ending injury - yet he kept playing through. I know all about drive and determination, but somewhere common sense has to come into play. It's the game he loves, but God forbid, he might just lose his chance to continue playing.

Good take! In his endless quest to catch Jack, he may have ended his HIGHLY competitive career. When he comes back, next year, he may just be an average golfer at best, with knee problems sidelining him on and off. At least they won't have to carry him on the Ryder Cup team this year, which his career record is 10-13-2.

Guest bleeds
Good take! In his endless quest to catch Jack, he may have ended his HIGHLY competitive career. When he comes back, next year, he may just be an average golfer at best, with knee problems sidelining him on and off. At least they won't have to carry him on the Ryder Cup team this year, which his career record is 10-13-2.

We will never see Tiger on tour as just an average golfer. He will either be a contender, one of the best on the tour, or he will not play. He would never allow himself to languish in the middle. He will either be winner, or he will retire.

Guest imyahuckleberry
When he comes back, next year, he may just be an average golfer at best

I don't think so. He proved this weekend that he's better than 99.9% of the PGA Tour on one leg.

He'll catch Jack and raise the bar to at least 24 majors. jmo

Tiger's mental abilities eclipse most average golfers by a long ways. So even on a bad knee, he will still win tournaments because he will always have that psychological edge.