Catcher lets fastball intentionally hit ump!

max89

I saw that video last year. I wish the video had been longer to watch the ejection that I am sure took place.

Are you SURE you saw THIS video LAST year??? If so, that's a pretty impressive feat, seeing as how it didn't happen until about a month ago.

well i guess the catcher wont win emmy for it. not the first time ive seen it though, my sophmore yr we where laying a team and getting killed, the ump wouldnt extend the strike zone so our pither nails him in the face but our catcher played it off well, he let it go right over his glove after he closed it. the ump knew what he was doin bc we all started laughing including the pitcher and catcher and batter. lol the ump extended the strike zone though afterwards.

thats pittiful, I hoe they sue him and his parents.........

why the parents? anyways, the catcher did a horrible job of selling that one. pretty good control to hit the guy square in the mask if you ask me. afterwards the other team's 3rd base coach gets in the ear of the 3rd base ump. i'll bet it got the umps attention!

You could say someone along the way has misinformed this young man on how the game is to be played. Peer pressure, parents, coaches or just plain ignorance, what ever the case he has missed the true nature and integrity of the game of baseball. Does he and his coherts deserve to play at the next level, who knows, but he will have an uphill battle to regain his character and integrity. I don't think a lawsuit is the answer, because its sets a precedence for everytime a catcher fails to catch a ball and it hits an umpire.

All I can say is everything happens for a reason !!!

Ive seen unpires intentially squeeze pitchers, widen the zone when particular hitters come up to bat, and screw over certain teams on the base paths. Umpires like these are few and far beteween, but when call are intentially blown theres no excuse. All some of these kids playin the game have is the game, and when they get shafted theres no excuse. Mistakes just happen but they neve happen on purpose.

All I can say is everything happens for a reason !!! :bangin:

Ive seen unpires intentially squeeze pitchers, widen the zone when particular hitters come up to bat, and screw over certain teams on the base paths. Umpires like these are few and far beteween, but when call are intentially blown theres no excuse. All some of these kids playin the game have is the game, and when they get shafted theres no excuse.

Nice rationalization. What other thuggish behavior is justified by allegedly incompetent officiating? Bat to the umpire's knees?

Guest bleeds
All I can say is everything happens for a reason !!!

Ive seen unpires intentially squeeze pitchers, widen the zone when particular hitters come up to bat, and screw over certain teams on the base paths. Umpires like these are few and far beteween, but when call are intentially blown theres no excuse. All some of these kids playin the game have is the game, and when they get shafted theres no excuse. Mistakes just happen but they neve happen on purpose.

All I can say is everything happens for a reason !!! :bangin:

So, you're saying it's okay for a pitcher and a catcher to conspire to assault an umpire? Your folks must be so proud.

Umpires just take way too much sometimes. Watching this video, I would have gone to the Manager and said, "Coach, you can pull them both, put them on the bench and leave them there for the rest of today, or I can just eject all 3 of you. It's your choice." Late in the game with a lopsided score might just call for an early termination. That is inexcusable--some of you all seem to have the mindset that there is a war going on...when in all reality it's a schoolboy game. Anyone condoning this sort of behavior, regardless of how incompetent the umpire is, doesn't deserve to be associated with a school athletic program. And this being a state championship, I highly doubt that the umpire was incompetent.

People today take the game to seriously. Yea what the kid did was wrong, and was probably called by the manager or the catcher to have it done. But, the fact of the matter is it is baseball. How was this kids actions any different from any MLB manager acting like a 3 yr old after a bad call, or intentionally hit a batter for retaliation reasons. Everyone needs to realize that this kind of stuff has been happening in baseball since the game began. It will always be in the game, no matter how bad we all get on here and criticize the actions of the ones who condone it. Trust me this isnt the first time that this has happened, and wont be the last. People are just to competitive and get lost in the game.

So, you're saying it's okay for a pitcher and a catcher to conspire to assault an umpire? Your folks must be so proud.

WOW!!! Assault thats funny :whome: I guess an honest mistake by the catcher or a foul tip that hits ump is the baseball equivelent of involuntary man slaughter or better yet neglegent homocide [/size]BECAUSE CALLING THIS ANCIENT CLICHED PLOY TO GET AN UMPIRES ATTENTION IS JUST AS OUTRAGEOUS. (thanks jackuup8 for the moral support :bye: I think bleeds and flukeshot just need a :hug: This stuff is as old as the game is and thats just the way it is!!! (thats why they call it hard ball by the way; its not ballroom dancing, or figure skating, or gymnastics its BASEBALL!!!)

The brush back pitch

The pay back pitch

Sliding into the base HARD to break up a DP

When that big 'ol 1st base man block 1st on a pick off eith his leg : what do you do ? PUT YOUR HELMET IN HIS KNEE BECAUSE HE KNOWS WHAT HES DOING TOO!!!(Pete Rose and Nolan Ryan would agree because they played to win and their desire to be the best that they could be at what they did and not let anyone get in their way INBETEWEEN THOSE WHITE LINES should be an inspiration to otherwise lazy unmotivated young men)

Nobody is ever gonna hand you any thing in life and sometimes you just have to do what it takes (AS LONG AS ITS LEGAL) to get what YOU want. This afore mentioned #### happens all the time it just happened to get cought on video. If a person does something unreasonably justified itll come back to get 'em so calm down bleeds and flukeshot because every dog has his day. Thers a difference beteween playing to win and just being a jerk. ITS CALLED HARDBALL FOR A REASON!!!

Dont come on here and bash me for voicing my opnion without attacking a specific indivudal. You speak of me as if Im a child and yet some people cant take the high road and bash me and my opnion.

IM BY NO MEANS ENDORSING THESE KIDS BEHAVIOR. IM JUST REMINDING THE PUBLIC OF THE NATURE OF THE GAME(S):stuff like this happens in football, basketball and of course hockey too. I wasnt the one who beaned this ump so dont get upset with me.

IF IVE OFFENDED SOME PEOPLE IM SORRY: PUT A BANDADGE ON YOUR BOO-BOO AND IT WILL ALL BE BETTER :crybaby:

i am a pitcher and a catcher and i will say this that is just part of the game it maybe wrong but you know what get over it...i think i have seen that happen a dozen times. Never been apart of one but i have seen it

Ya umps get hit with pitches, just yesterday in my summer league game the blue behind the plate got beaned probably three times (accidentally of course), so yes it does happen. But come on, the catcher looked like a goofball the way he fell down like that. At least make it look like you are attempting to catch the ball lol

Guest bleeds
i am a pitcher and a catcher and i will say this that is just part of the game it maybe wrong but you know what get over it...i think i have seen that happen a dozen times. Never been apart of one but i have seen it

Hey Johnny Bench, do us all a favor and show us in the rules books where it says a pitcher and a catcher can decide to potentially injure an ump, just because they didn't like the way he was calling. I say the best way to get the umpire to call in your favor is to THROW MORE STRIKES!

Guest bleeds
WOW!!! Assault thats funny :whome: I guess an honest mistake by the catcher or a foul tip that hits ump is the baseball equivelent of involuntary man slaughter or better yet neglegent homocide [/size]BECAUSE CALLING THIS ANCIENT CLICHED PLOY TO GET AN UMPIRES ATTENTION IS JUST AS OUTRAGEOUS. (thanks jackuup8 for the moral support :bye: I think bleeds and flukeshot just need a :hug: This stuff is as old as the game is and thats just the way it is!!! (thats why they call it hard ball by the way; its not ballroom dancing, or figure skating, or gymnastics its BASEBALL!!!)

The brush back pitch

The pay back pitch

Sliding into the base HARD to break up a DP

When that big 'ol 1st base man block 1st on a pick off eith his leg : what do you do ? PUT YOUR HELMET IN HIS KNEE BECAUSE HE KNOWS WHAT HES DOING TOO!!!(Pete Rose and Nolan Ryan would agree because they played to win and their desire to be the best that they could be at what they did and not let anyone get in their way INBETEWEEN THOSE WHITE LINES should be an inspiration to otherwise lazy unmotivated young men)

Nobody is ever gonna hand you any thing in life and sometimes you just have to do what it takes (AS LONG AS ITS LEGAL) to get what YOU want. This afore mentioned #### happens all the time it just happened to get cought on video. If a person does something unreasonably justified itll come back to get 'em so calm down bleeds and flukeshot because every dog has his day. Thers a difference beteween playing to win and just being a jerk. ITS CALLED HARDBALL FOR A REASON!!!

Dont come on here and bash me for voicing my opnion without attacking a specific indivudal. You speak of me as if Im a child and yet some people cant take the high road and bash me and my opnion.

IM BY NO MEANS ENDORSING THESE KIDS BEHAVIOR. IM JUST REMINDING THE PUBLIC OF THE NATURE OF THE GAME(S):stuff like this happens in football, basketball and of course hockey too. I wasnt the one who beaned this ump so dont get upset with me.

IF IVE OFFENDED SOME PEOPLE IM SORRY: PUT A BANDADGE ON YOUR BOO-BOO AND IT WILL ALL BE BETTER :crybaby:

That's the steamiest pile of #### posted to date. What you are saying is, if you're playing so poorly you can't get a call, cheat. Do you think doing what these hoodlums did is anything short of cheating? If it was fair, the school wouldn't paying the fine. Eveyone would have just laughed it off and gone on about their day.

Can't believe you advocate intentially injuring (put a helmet in his knee) someone just because a base runner got out of position, and oh yeah, couldn't have his way. I'm bettin' you'd change your sorry tone if the kid getting the knee injured was your kid. Don't you see how that could end a player's baseball career?

Pathetic. You should be ashamed.

That's the steamiest pile of #### posted to date. What you are saying is, if you're playing so poorly you can't get a call, cheat. Do you think doing what these hoodlums did is anything short of cheating? If it was fair, the school wouldn't paying the fine. Eveyone would have just laughed it off and gone on about their day.

Can't believe you advocate intentially injuring (put a helmet in his knee) someone just because a base runner got out of position, and oh yeah, couldn't have his way. I'm bettin' you'd change your sorry tone if the kid getting the knee injured was your kid. Don't you see how that could end a player's baseball career?

Pathetic. You should be ashamed.

Im not advocating any kind of behavior, good or bad. What Im saying is people make decisions and deal with the consequences. If you think this issue is such a travesty then do some thing about it. You go put on that umpire uniform and go call the game the way you want the game to run. By the way, if it was my kid that got "hurt" blocking the bag I'd just tell him he should have thought about what hes was doing and what could happen to his knee before hand. I've never seen a first baseman that was blocking the bag actually get injured because even if the runner has a 12ft. lead theres no way he could dive in hard enough to hurt him. Its just an attention getter for the first baseman.

Theres kids on here talking about how they've actually beaned an ump on purpose and yet you continue to attack my opnion. Why?

Some are fighters and some are lovers. Some are conservative and some are liberal. Some are blue collar and some are white collar. So to each his own my friend!!!

If you want to change things like this in the game then go put on an umpire uniform and go do your thing.

Put up or shut up.