Catcher lets fastball intentionally hit ump!

max89

bleeds you have never been competitive in baseball have you. its just like when anything else immature happens in baseball. its a part of the game. this is a forum to voice your opinion. you being a moderator should know best. don't get upset cause someone gave their opinion. ITS A PART OF THE GAME SO LEAVE IT THERE. IT HAS BEEN HAPPENING SINCE BASEBALL HAS STARTED AND ITS NOT GOING ANYWHERE.

bleeds you have never been competitive in baseball have you. its just like when anything else immature happens in baseball. its a part of the game. this is a forum to voice your opinion. you being a moderator should know best. don't get upset cause someone gave their opinion. ITS A PART OF THE GAME SO LEAVE IT THERE. IT HAS BEEN HAPPENING SINCE BASEBALL HAS STARTED AND ITS NOT GOING ANYWHERE.

The truth has been spoken, thanks brother. :notworthy:

Bleeds, we just have a difference of opnion, I may not like your opnoin but I respect it. I bet your a great person, we just have two different philosophies and thats that. :flowers:

If the pitcher would throw strikes and the catcher could call a decent game, they wouldn't have had to do something stupid to retaliate with the umpire. Someone name a pitcher that has any real talent, and any one one this forum would recognize, who has pulled that stunt. Good pitchers get batters out, period.

Good article about this incident on the last page of this week's ESPN The Magazine. The article says the kids from the losing team were griping the whole game because of balls and strikes (8 of the first 9 outs were strikeouts for the losing team). The SS of the losing team was drafted #15 overall and he was throwing his helmet and yelling at the umpire. Sounds like these kids think they can get away with anything. The coach and catcher both said they called a curveball and the catcher wasn't expecting the high fastball.

By the way, the catcher was supposed to be attending college to play baseball. Well, the coach of the college he was supposed to attend pulled the offer. He says he saw character issues that he wasn't willing to deal with, and there is no room for that kind of stuff in his program.

I've been coaching high school baseball for 16 years. I've been a head coach from the 3A to 5A level, and for you guys that say this is part of the game - I can honestly say it has never been part of a high school game that I coached or played in. Don't compare high school ball to professional ball. The players don't get paid to perform, and the umpires don't make the kind of money the professioanl umps make. This act was a blatant disrespect to high school baseball. What it boils down to is a team of sore losers. They go all the way to the state final and pull this kind of ####.

Guest bleeds
Im not advocating any kind of behavior, good or bad. What Im saying is people make decisions and deal with the consequences. If you think this issue is such a travesty then do some thing about it. You go put on that umpire uniform and go call the game the way you want the game to run. By the way, if it was my kid that got "hurt" blocking the bag I'd just tell him he should have thought about what hes was doing and what could happen to his knee before hand. I've never seen a first baseman that was blocking the bag actually get injured because even if the runner has a 12ft. lead theres no way he could dive in hard enough to hurt him. Its just an attention getter for the first baseman.

Theres kids on here talking about how they've actually beaned an ump on purpose and yet you continue to attack my opnion. Why?

Some are fighters and some are lovers. Some are conservative and some are liberal. Some are blue collar and some are white collar. So to each his own my friend!!!

If you want to change things like this in the game then go put on an umpire uniform and go do your thing.

Put up or shut up.

I'm not seeing the connection between this topic and me becoming an ump. This isn't about bad calls, it's about two kids who decided based on the fact they weren't getting things done according to the rules to, as you put it, get the umps attention.

Good article about this incident on the last page of this week's ESPN The Magazine. The article says the kids from the losing team were griping the whole game because of balls and strikes (8 of the first 9 outs were strikeouts for the losing team). The SS of the losing team was drafted #15 overall and he was throwing his helmet and yelling at the umpire. Sounds like these kids think they can get away with anything. The coach and catcher both said they called a curveball and the catcher wasn't expecting the high fastball.

By the way, the catcher was supposed to be attending college to play baseball. Well, the coach of the college he was supposed to attend pulled the offer. He says he saw character issues that he wasn't willing to deal with, and there is no room for that kind of stuff in his program.

I've been coaching high school baseball for 16 years. I've been a head coach from the 3A to 5A level, and for you guys that say this is part of the game - I can honestly say it has never been part of a high school game that I coached or played in. Don't compare high school ball to professional ball. The players don't get paid to perform, and the umpires don't make the kind of money the professioanl umps make. This act was a blatant disrespect to high school baseball. What it boils down to is a team of sore losers. They go all the way to the state final and pull this kind of ####.

Nice post Lhorn! Beaning an ump with a pitch is as much a part of baseball as pistol whipping the referee is a part of football. Anyone that would take a shot at an official like these kids did doesn't deserve a baseball scholarship and anyone that condones lashing out at officials is a pathetic disgrace to athletics.

Guest bleeds

First, choosing to possibly injure an ump because the pitcher can't throw strikes isn't a part of the game. Why, based solely on the fact my opinion is different from yours and WHOSNEXT's, is it okay you both of you to post your opinions, but I can't post mine?

This is a public forum precious. I'll post as much as I wish.

Guest bleeds
This is funny. IMHO, if this umpire had been calling an unbiased game, this wouldn't have happened.

You're right Dave. It's always the ump's fault. What was I thinking?

This is funny. IMHO, if this umpire had been calling an unbiased game, this wouldn't have happened.

Again... anyone that condones lashing out at officials is a pathetic disgrace to athletics. Where does it say a biased game was being called? Do players get to decide if game officials are calling a biased game? If the catcher had caught the ball he would be attending college on baseball scholarship. Those players showed a complete lack of class, character, and sportsmanship.

Dave, how can you say the ump was biased in the game? Were you there? Did you see the pitches of the first 8 strikeouts? Maybe the starting pitcher of the other team was hitting his spots with every pitch which gets an umpire in the habit of calling strikes which in turn gets more strikes called that would be balls if a pitcher is not hitting his spots.

Guest bleeds
To me it's a travesty for an official to call a game, that's an unfair advantage to another team. I understand that great teams overcome hardships. However, this wasn't happening in this game.

Dave, where are getting the game was being called unfairly? Have you never seen a fairly called game that was lopsided?

You're drawing conclusions on nothing but assumptions on your part.

And I bet if the traffic signal turns red when you think it shouldn't you go ahead and run it anyway. Just disregard what consequences it has on any other human. What a crock. People can't stand it when things don't go THEIR way so they just go ahead and break any rule they desire to break to get what they want.

WOW!!! Assault thats funny :whome: I guess an honest mistake by the catcher or a foul tip that hits ump is the baseball equivelent of involuntary man slaughter or better yet neglegent homocide [/size]BECAUSE CALLING THIS ANCIENT CLICHED PLOY TO GET AN UMPIRES ATTENTION IS JUST AS OUTRAGEOUS. (thanks jackuup8 for the moral support :bye: I think bleeds and flukeshot just need a :hug: This stuff is as old as the game is and thats just the way it is!!! (thats why they call it hard ball by the way; its not ballroom dancing, or figure skating, or gymnastics its BASEBALL!!!)

The brush back pitch

The pay back pitch

Sliding into the base HARD to break up a DP

When that big 'ol 1st base man block 1st on a pick off eith his leg : what do you do ? PUT YOUR HELMET IN HIS KNEE BECAUSE HE KNOWS WHAT HES DOING TOO!!!(Pete Rose and Nolan Ryan would agree because they played to win and their desire to be the best that they could be at what they did and not let anyone get in their way INBETEWEEN THOSE WHITE LINES should be an inspiration to otherwise lazy unmotivated young men)

Nobody is ever gonna hand you any thing in life and sometimes you just have to do what it takes (AS LONG AS ITS LEGAL) to get what YOU want. This afore mentioned #### happens all the time it just happened to get cought on video. If a person does something unreasonably justified itll come back to get 'em so calm down bleeds and flukeshot because every dog has his day. Thers a difference beteween playing to win and just being a jerk. ITS CALLED HARDBALL FOR A REASON!!!

Dont come on here and bash me for voicing my opnion without attacking a specific indivudal. You speak of me as if Im a child and yet some people cant take the high road and bash me and my opnion.

IM BY NO MEANS ENDORSING THESE KIDS BEHAVIOR. IM JUST REMINDING THE PUBLIC OF THE NATURE OF THE GAME(S):stuff like this happens in football, basketball and of course hockey too. I wasnt the one who beaned this ump so dont get upset with me.

IF IVE OFFENDED SOME PEOPLE IM SORRY: PUT A BANDADGE ON YOUR BOO-BOO AND IT WILL ALL BE BETTER :crybaby:

Nowhere in your incoherent ramblings did you achieve anything that resembled a rational thought and we are all dumber from having read this post. May God have mercy on you soul. :thumbdown:

Nowhere in your incoherent ramblings did you achieve anything that resembled a rational thought and we are all dumber from having read this post. May God have mercy on you soul. :thumbdown:

Nice "Billy Madison" Reference!!!!!!!!!!

Isn't high school sports supposed to be about teaching just like any other High School subject? What has happened to teaching the right thing? High School is the time adults prepare students for life. If you teach them that this type of behavior is OK, then don't complain when other troubles come your or your children's way.