Your first car?

chase.colston

Guest imyahuckleberry
what ever.........everyone has a story and the need to brag about something sometime.

Just messin with you CT. I apologize if it came across wrong. Just thinking about "glory days" :flowers:

Guest jaydeet
In 1979 I got a 1979 Datsun 280zx. Silver with blue trim

this was your first car?? boy you had it rough... lol

Had been 16 for about 3 months. I drove the family fan. However, for dates most parents wouldn't let their girls go with me in the van. I have no idea why. I used my moms......a sweet ride for dates, but she got tired of it. During this time my dad had gotten a small motorhome. The kid with a van front end wrapped around by a cabover rv. It was ok, but we didn't use it that much so i gave us some problems. He decided to trade it in on me a car after my mother smoked him about her car being gone all the time. The only ride he could trade for and not loose his rear was a 280 with 2,500 miles on it. I backed into getting this car.

69 mustang with my eight track blasting with Trapeze, few yrs latter went to see Mel Galley at free concert at flag pole hill after breakup of Trapeze. three beer stores on one corner of northwest highway and two of them run out of beer

My first car was a 1968 Mercury Cougar,302 three speed. I owned it in 1974. The guy that owned it before I had it put a 3/4 race cam in the 302, replaced the stock carb. It had a set of cherry bombs for muflers. The tail pipes came out on each side about six inches in front of the rear tires. That way it did not sound too loud if you came up from behind me. The fastest I was able to go in it was about 130mph top in,about 115mph in the quarter mile. It was a lot of fun to drive. the picture is not my cougar,just one like it. Mine was solid blue.

left.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

My first car was a 1973 Dodge dart sport, 318 power plant, Power Blue, baby moons, 8 track tape deck & glass pack exhaust. The darn thing was a tank. Soon the 318 blew up, so we installed a 440 police interceptor engine & tranny combo out of a wrecked police car, Holley double pumper carb, needless to say that weenie moblie same to life with all that extra power.