Whitehouse Basketball Coaching Search Update (June 18th)...

Smoaky

Spirit you did not get a call back because WH does not have the same philosophy as you. You like to run ISOLATION to much! Ha Ha!

I did whatever Coach Reid told me to do. Didn't you? He knew what was best for the team. Great man and Coach...

He knew not to let you shoot and told you to give it up to Simone, the true scorer on JV for us. Of course Seaton was our best player inside.

:happy65: The good old days. Boy how I miss those times. Sometimes... :notworthy:

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

tomlin won't turn it down, he's done more in Bullard than what Wally did in WH. He's done it in less years, and a lot of people in Wh compalins about Wh not getting past 1st or 2nd round. Tomlin is a proven winner, don't mess this up WH

WOW thats one of the most asinine posts ever on this forum.

Tomlin is a very fine coach and I sure wont mind if he comes here, but lets temper your arguments for him...just a tad.

Guest imyahuckleberry

Once again, can somebody tell me why wasn't Ron Hanks called back or given an interview?

Reference post # 40.

Once again can somebody tell me why wasn't Ron Hanks called back or given an interview?

Reference post # 40.

Most AD's are very reluctant to hire or interview hometown people. They feel that there may be a conflict of interest is things do not go right.

Guest imyahuckleberry
Most AD's are very reluctant to hire or interview hometown people. They feel that there may be a conflict of interest is things do not go right.

Interview or not doesn't he at least deserve a call back?

Hypothetical: Gorden Wood or any prominent coach retires from Anywhere USA. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Golf, Hockey, Badmitton, ect

Joe Blow plays for cetain coach, born and raised in So and So USA, goes off and and nickle and dimes his way up the coaching ladder. Wins at every level he coaches at. His alma matter and home town job comes available and the current Administation won't return his call?

Sell it somewhere else.

I ain't buyin.

I did whatever Coach Reid told me to do. Didn't you? He knew what was best for the team. Great man and Coach...

He knew not to let you shoot and told you to give it up to Simone, the true scorer on JV for us. Of course Seaton was our best player inside.

:happy65: The good old days. Boy how I miss those times. Sometimes... :notworthy:

I think his actual words were don't throw it inside to the white boy! ha ha I forgot abut Seaton. He just could not finish out his HS career. Coach J told to shoot any time I wanted.

I think WH will be ALRIGHT! People just need to let them hire a coach and leave him alone and let him do his job.

Hypothetical: Gorden Wood or any prominent coach retires from Anywhere USA. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Golf, Hockey, Badmitton, ect

Joe Blow plays for cetain coach, born and raised in So and So USA, goes off and and nickle and dimes his way up the coaching ladder. Wins at every level he coaches at. His alma matter and home town job comes available and the current Administation won't return his call?

Sell it somewhere else.

I ain't buyin.

I am sure not saying it is right, but I do know that many AD's just do not want to get involved with home town applicants. I do know that protocol and consideration for people who apply for jobs has just about gone out the window. The days of at least a courtesy call has just about left us, sad but true. I think he should have had some type of call or communication.

Sell it somewhere else.

I ain't buyin.

I guess "tradition" at Whitehouse only matters if the current regime is responsible for it. It is indeed a travesty that a home-town coaching product, who is quite capable of taking these reigns, would not be afforded the courtesy of at least a return phone call.

So, everybody who applied for the job should get a call back if they do not get an interview? Not done. How many applied? 30-40-100? You don't spend your entire week calling back everybody you are not going to interview.

The epitome of "missing the point." Enough said.

So, everybody who applied for the job should get a call back if they do not get an interview? Not done. How many applied? 30-40-100? You don't spend your entire week calling back everybody you are not going to interview.

Professionally speaking, yes you do. First, lets deal with facts. The article said there were 22 applicants. In that case, you COULD make a phone call but, ANYONE that takes the time to apply deserves some sort of response (usually a blanket letter) to let them know they are no longer part of the process. IF it takes all week to get those letters put together then you do it because that is the professional way to handle things.

:getlost: Guys, Guys, Guys !!!! Some of you folks on here think that WH is the Duke or North Carolina of HS hoops. Yes WH is a great school, town, kids, etc. I have many friends that live there. So I'm not trying to disrespect anyone here, Wally has done a great job over there, but don't you guys see that he just might take some of the best players with him on scholarship to BH?? BH has the $$. Stranger things have happened and where will that leave the new coach? Building a totally new program from scratch. Just something to think about.

:getlost: Guys, Guys, Guys !!!! Some of you folks on here think that WH is the Duke or North Carolina of HS hoops. Yes WH is a great school, town, kids, etc. I have many friends that live there. So I'm not trying to disrespect anyone here, Wally has done a great job over there, but don't you guys see that he just might take some of the best players with him on scholarship to BH?? BH has the $$. Stranger things have happened and where will that leave the new coach? Building a totally new program from scratch. Just something to think about.

Who does Brook Hill play? A player with aspirations of playing in college wouldn't want to make the move unless the competiton was good enough to draw attention of scouts. Whitehouse still has that problem. Kyle Ford is an incredible player and if he had been at a metroplex 4A-5A school I think he would have received more offers.

Guest imyahuckleberry

I'm off my soapbox now and hope that whoever gets the job has all the success in the world. This school and this community will go forward.

This is still the best place to live and raise your kids as any place in the USA.

a phone call shouldn't be expected. form letter would be acceptable, but would cost postage and a little bit of time.

with email addresses, it wouldn't take long at all. email is free as well.

I believe they'll have a decision by Thursday, if not earlier.

I think Coach McFarlin has a name, but I don't think he can get everyone together at one time, which can be difficult during the summer time.

I also know the superintendent will be leaving later this week for a lengthy vacation.

Smoaky

I was speaking only about a phone call. You are right, a letter or email is the professional thing to do. Not many do the professional thing nowadays. But I guarantee that not many coaches on here have recieved many replies if they are not interviewed.

Did you call the WH A.D. and ask him why your guy did not get an interview or reply? Call him instead of complaining about it on a public forum. Don't mean to get you stirred up.

Who does Brook Hill play? A player with aspirations of playing in college wouldn't want to make the move unless the competiton was good enough to draw attention of scouts. Whitehouse still has that problem. Kyle Ford is an incredible player and if he had been at a metroplex 4A-5A school I think he would have received more offers.

College scouts don't attend high school games unless they are there to show a player that they are already recruiting that they are very much interested. The days of finding talent in a regular high school game is long gone. Watching a kid play in high school give scouts an inaccurate evaluation of a kids talent because he will never face anyone as good as him unless his team makes a deep run into the playoffs. This is what has help the revolution of grass root basketball.

College scouts don't attend high school games unless they are there to show a player that they are already recruiting that they are very much interested. The days of finding talent in a regular high school game is long gone. Watching a kid play in high school give scouts an inaccurate evaluation of a kids talent because he will never face anyone as good as him unless his team makes a deep run into the playoffs. This is what has help the revolution of grass root basketball.

They have to watch video don't they? They have to see something before making an offer. Do they watch all the DVD's that are sent in? Or only the ones from schools they have heard about? As good as Whitehouse has been I don't think major colleges looked at any of their kids very hard if at all. I think it would be only be worse if a talented kid plays at a lower level high school.

Guest imyahuckleberry
Call him instead of complaining about it on a public forum. Don't mean to get you stirred up.

I did but he didn't return my call :lol: :lol: :lol: jk

couldn't resist

:getlost: Wally has done a great job over there, but don't you guys see that he just might take some of the best players with him on scholarship to BH?? BH has the $$.

So what! These "best players" are free to go to any school their mommy and daddy deem appropriate. Whitehouse had a great basketball program before any of the current players joined the team and will have a great program long after they're gone.

Stranger things have happened and where will that leave the new coach? Building a totally new program from scratch. Just something to think about.

Here's something for you to think about. Since at least 1971, I know of no time when the Whitehouse basketball program would be considered to be in a "rebuilding mode" or having to "build a totally new program from scratch." Maybe they had a down year every now and then, but so do Duke and UNC (lol).