13-4A Pigskin Prognostications

Mavchamp

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

he's been gone for awhile...i was talking about why whitehouse is going to be so successful in the upcoming years.

i know around 3 to 5 years im sure. Well, whitehouse has a real good jv and freshman team coming up. they could be better... but i dont see them having another team that does so well constantly

i know around 3 to 5 years im sure. Well, whitehouse has a real good jv and freshman team coming up. they could be better... but i dont see them having another team that does so well constantly

Do you really know the in's and out's of the Whitehouse football program good enough to predict the consistency of their program past this season?

Do you really know the in's and out's of the Whitehouse football program good enough to predict the consistency of their program past this season?

i agree...i can't even tell you how good mp will be in the next 3-5 years, but less another school.

whitehouse will be good as long as mcfarland is there...they say coaching is overrated, but not in highschool football... sure players make plays, but coaching is a key factor.

i agree...i can't even tell you how good mp will be in the next 3-5 years, but less another school.

whitehouse will be good as long as mcfarland is there...they say coaching is overrated, but not in highschool football... sure players make plays, but coaching is a key factor.

Because they have good freshman, 8th grade and 7th grade teams... and i have a cousin that played against them. Their strong spot are QBs right now.

Because they have good freshman, 8th grade and 7th grade teams... and i have a cousin that played against them. Their strong spot are QBs right now.

when i was in the 8th grade, we went 8-2 in football and we were undefeated in basketball my 7th, 8th, and 9th grade years...

my senior year we went 5-6 in football, barely making the playoffs, and got knocked out in the first round in basketball.

you can't determine how good kids will be while they are in junior high...they aren't mature enough and they haven't developed enough to tell.

Their "strong spot" is the system they have in place and the fact that they teach the same system down to the 7th grade. A solid program, great coaching, an administration that is supportive, and strong backing by the community is more critical to the success of a high school team than good athletes.

Their "strong spot" is the system they have in place and the fact that they teach the same system down to the 7th grade. A solid program, great coaching, an administration that is supportive, and strong backing by the community is more critical to the success of a high school team than good athletes.

agreed.

Well, I think HvilleCat23 is probably basing his opinion on the fact that the WH J.V. beat Hville's J.V. 35-0 and the WH 9th grade won handily as well. If he was at the games, then I would say he'd have a pretty good idea.

Football Crazy

you can't determine how good kids will be while they are in junior high...they aren't mature enough and they haven't developed enough to tell.

Well, given the fact that two of the better freshmen were playing for the varsity last fall, and one was the district newcomer of the year accounting for half of Tyrik Rollison's interceptions last year, I would say that you could look at that Freshman class and say that it is not premature to predict great things.

Several of those kids will be starting as Sophs next fall and others will be getting reps in the 2 deep. Whatever happened to your teams obviously is in your past, and has nothing other than anecdotal application to the future of WH football. It means pretty much nothing, and I am not trying to be a smart elec. I am serious.

Football Crazy

Well, I think HvilleCat23 is probably basing his opinion on the fact that the WH J.V. beat Hville's J.V. 35-0 and the WH 9th grade won handily as well. If he was at the games, then I would say he'd have a pretty good idea.

Football Crazy

I would then assume that WH won all of their games by those margins and won handily against all teams...or...the prognostication for Hallsville is not as promising as the Wildcats...

Well, given the fact that two of the better freshmen were playing for the varsity last fall, and one was the district newcomer of the year accounting for half of Tyrik Rollison's interceptions last year, I would say that you could look at that Freshman class and say that it is not premature to predict great things.

Several of those kids will be starting as Sophs next fall and others will be getting reps in the 2 deep. Whatever happened to your teams obviously is in your past, and has nothing other than anecdotal application to the future of WH football. It means pretty much nothing, and I am not trying to be a smart elec. I am serious.

Football Crazy

Then we should be seeing the district newcomer of the year coming out of WH for the next couple of years? Top accolades and all-district positions should be hard to come by for 13-4A if you’re not a Wildcat, based on the accomplishments of the freshman team...

Football Crazy

Well, i have no idea what the JV or 9th grade scores were. besides i wouldnt count on either being good because we had some key fresh playing on Varsity and most of the starters on JV... and our team last year was mostly Juniors and sophmores on varsity anyways... So our JV and Fresh records mean nothing to me...

Football Crazy

i'm not saying there aren't kids who live up to their ability or continue to progress...what i'm saying is that if you go 10-0 in junior high, it doesn't mean squat when you get into highschool...

i'm not saying there aren't kids who live up to their ability or continue to progress...what i'm saying is that if you go 10-0 in junior high, it doesn't mean squat when you get into highschool...

So if you go 0-10 and #### it doesn't mean squat? What ARE you trying to say, that you can't judge existing talent and potential talent in the 9th grade?

So if you go 0-10 and #### it doesn't mean squat? What ARE you trying to say, that you can't judge existing talent and potential talent in the 9th grade?

You can but its certainly not a science. A 5'10 205 pound 9th grade stud may not grow any taller of faster. Joey Pencilneck may go from 5'8 to 6'2 in three years and gain 70 lbs of muscle. Kids move, they get a girlfriend, they get involved in drugs,

they get burned out on the sport etc etc.

Great JV, fresh and JH teams are good signs but no guarantee. Back in the day we won at all those levels and then went 0-fer in district as a varsity squad.

You can but its certainly not a science. A 5'10 205 pound 9th grade stud may not grow any taller of faster. Joey Pencilneck may go from 5'8 to 6'2 in three years and gain 70 lbs of muscle. Kids move, they get a girlfriend, they get involved in drugs,

Great JV, fresh and JH teams are good signs but no guarantee. Back in the day we won at all those levels and then went 0-fer in district as a varsity squad.

thank you bevo...

and no, if you go 0-10 in JH it doesn't mean you are going to #### when they reach varsity...like i was saying about us going 8-2 in the 8th grade....we were also 1-9 in the 7th grade.

you just never know with young kids. bevo gave a great example.

How can I get in touch with Joey Pencilneck, he sounds like he has some potential!!!

I agree that you see some kids that show talent in the lower grades and sometimes it comes to fruition, but not every time.

And what I am saying is that when you are one year out of Jr High and you play varsity and look good doing it then obviously it does mean something. Is it that difficult to understand?

Football Crazy

thank you bevo...

and no, if you go 0-10 in JH it doesn't mean you are going to #### when they reach varsity...like i was saying about us going 8-2 in the 8th grade....we were also 1-9 in the 7th grade.

you just never know with young kids. bevo gave a great example.

Realignment could have a lot to do with shifting records. A jump to 4A or drop to 2A could mean the difference in 1-9 and 9-1