Sources: "Tomlin to be named Whitehouse Basketball Coach next Tuesday"...

Smoaky

Two sources have told KTBB Sports and Smoaky.com that Bullard head coach Ryan Tomlin has accepted the job offer as head coach at Whitehouse, "pending school board approval."

All contact with Coach Tomlin today has been forwarded to Whitehouse athletic director and head football coach Randy McFarlin.

When asked if he could confirm or deny Tomlin's acceptance, Coach McFarlin responded, "All I know is we've offered the job, it's been accepted, and we'll confirm the hire next Tuesday at a school board meeting."

McFarlin also confirmed, "all people on the committee agreed to the same person, and that's the person we will take to the board on Tuesday morning."

Coach McFarlin also wanted to clarify some opinions that have been made about the coaching search by members of Smoaky.com.

When asked if in fact the stipend for boys basketball has been lowered (as reported by The Spirit), McFarlin emphatically said, "No, in fact, it's going to be more."

McFarlin also said the job is paying "more", than it was, and added, "We're doing a survey that could increase the contract even more, but we're waiting on some results."

KTBB Sports also asked Coach McFarlin if the revenue from the Li'l Dribblers program was going to change or be distributed differently, and he said, "No, we'll continue with that program in its current format."

David Smoak

:happy65:

Biiiggg CONGRATULATIONS to Coach Tomlin.

(I think the Bullard board has moved to slowly on this one.)

No doubt Whitehouse wanted him enough to make him a good offer.

I know that Tomlin would not leave some of these Bullard kids unless the offer was substantial.

Tomlin has built relationships with these kids. He is more than just a coach. He is a quality individual and we will miss him very much. :flowers:

Big congratulations to Ryan. Whitehouse is getting a great coach, a better mentor and most importantly, a strong man of God. I know this was a difficult decision for him, of course, and he'll do a great job.

With that said, Bullard failed to step up and continue the tradition and momentum Ryan has built in only four years. I'd like to think that administration did everything it could to keep the best basketball coach and most success Bullard has had in 30 years, but I'm not too sure. Perhaps one day someone will realize that so much turnover is not a good thing, especially when the system is working better than others.

Big congratulations to Ryan. Whitehouse is getting a great coach, a better mentor and most importantly, a strong man of God. I know this was a difficult decision for him, of course, and he'll do a great job.

With that said, Bullard failed to step up and continue the tradition and momentum Ryan has built in only four years. I'd like to think that administration did everything it could to keep the best basketball coach and most success Bullard has had in 30 years, but I'm not too sure. Perhaps one day someone will realize that so much turnover is not a good thing, especially when the system is working better than others.

Well said Mantle. I know all to well that the administration did not do what they should have done. (And they've had more than one opportunity to make things right.)

There is a lot of change going on at Bullard. Only time will tell if it's good or not.

What else is new? :thumbdown:

Whats is sad about this situation is now that tomlin has left, i have heard that 2 kids that start on the basketball team and one plays football is leaving, one to brookhill and the other i have no idea but it is really going to be a bad situation if that basketball team breaks up over this......( not coach Tomlins fault ).....i would bet that there are some people around bullard that would love for the basketball and baseball teams to do bad this year and football make the playoffs.

Why cant everybody be supportive of every sport, boys & girls ?

It would be nice for that to happen, but that isn't reality. people have different agendas and some people just don't get along with each other. For example=== it ususally the fb and bskt coach

Let's hope all teams make the playoffs and that some people would stop their speculations and be glad Bullard is a great place to be. We're hoping all teams and sports go into the playoffs this year. Good luck to Tomlin - moving to a bigger school where he has several close friends.

Let's hope all teams make the playoffs and that some people would stop their speculations and be glad Bullard is a great place to be. We're hoping all teams and sports go into the playoffs this year. Good luck to Tomlin - moving to a bigger school where he has several close friends.

Me and you can hope that all the teams do good this year and bullard is a great place to be but u know just as well as i do everybody in bullard is not going to support every sports team. So dont throw out words like speculation because i have seen it and heard it.....

Congrats Ryan!

BTW: How does the AD of a school district determine how Little Dribblers money would be used?

Don't they have their own association and everything?

Because the gym that they use is a school district asset, and therefore is owned by the taxpayers of WISD. Little Dribblers is a money making program that is not associated directly with WISD, so the use of the facility for these games SHOULD be under the approval of WISD. The AD is the person who is charged by the WISD board to oversee the use of athletic facilities. Hopefully this answers your question.

Football Crazy

There are 5 kids in bullard that play football and basketball that, if in fact they left, would dessimate (sp?) both sports. There is 1 straight basketball that, if he left, would be a slight injury to basketball. Any one of the six would make Brookhill 5 wins per year better. FB in playoffs without 1 any 1 of those 5 becomes an even more difficult chore.

Oh what a tangled web we weave when we hire golf buddies.

I hope Bullard doesn't revert back to the mid 90's! I shudder to think about it. Aweful! I hate to think kids or parents would move or transfer because a coach is leaving. That's not much school spirit. And I hope the AD and Admin. find a real Bball coach and not an asst. football coach.

Whoses leaving?

Whats is sad about this situation is now that tomlin has left, i have heard that 2 kids that start on the basketball team and one plays football is leaving, one to brookhill and the other i have no idea but it is really going to be a bad situation if that basketball team breaks up over this......( not coach Tomlins fault ).....i would bet that there are some people around bullard that would love for the basketball and baseball teams to do bad this year and football make the playoffs.

There are 5 kids in bullard that play football and basketball that, if in fact they left, would dessimate (sp?) both sports. There is 1 straight basketball that, if he left, would be a slight injury to basketball. Any one of the six would make Brookhill 5 wins per year better. FB in playoffs without 1 any 1 of those 5 becomes an even more difficult chore.

Oh what a tangled web we weave when we hire golf buddies.

There has been no talk of any Bullard Panther coming to Brook Hill although they did get one of ours when they were an open school district for 30 minutes. We actually would not want kids coming to BH from Bullard. We dont want any animosity in the city. We support Bullard 100% and would love to see them win state in every sport as I would hope they support us. I hope Tomlin stays but Bullard will hire a good one if he doesnt!