Jamarkus McFarland Article

GabeHorns

Here is the complete article. It mentions what he likes about his favorite 3 schools

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/06/30/sports/n...ef=ncaafootball

McFarland’s mother wants him to attend Texas, but she said she liked Oklahoma Coach Bob Stoops and the Sooners’ defensive line coach, Jackie Shipp. McFarland’s maternal grandmother, Bobbie Jean Adams, believes he should go to Oklahoma.

“It’s not just about football,” Kashemeyia Adams said. “It’s about education and an atmosphere of coaches that will help him take this next step into transitioning into a man.”

McFarland liked Louisiana State’s atmosphere and academics. He was impressed by Oklahoma’s practice intensity and Jerry Schmidt, the Sooners’ director of sports enhancement.

McFarland said he felt at home at Texas and liked the school’s fans.

• 3 weeks later...
If academics are a priority, then UT would be the obvious choice. LSU's academics are a joke. JM looks like a kid that will probably be leaving early for the League anyway.

I cant wait to see him against Longview next year! the kid plays like hes been in the nfl before!

Jamarkus is a special young man.

I recorded an interview with him earlier today, and we'll run this at some point while I'm in Oxnard, California covering the Cowboys. We'll probably run it again right before the start of the high school football season.

Wow, very impressed with him, very smart young man.

I hope you enjoy the interview when we air it sometime soon.

Smoaky

If academics are a priority, then UT would be the obvious choice. LSU's academics are a joke. JM looks like a kid that will probably be leaving early for the League anyway.

You don't think that the Longhorn classroom is a small picnic for those big name jocks on campus. Come on, it is like that at all Division I schools.

You don't think that the Longhorn classroom is a small picnic for those big name jocks on campus. Come on, it is like that at all Division I schools.

Shoeless I can promise you that the classroom is no small picnic for big name jocks where I am. I am taking 17 hours this fall on top of football. I would say that there are some schools that are like that, but not all of them. Even FSU has a safety who is being nominated for a Rhodes Scholar.