💩 Shelia Jackson Lee's greatest hits

RufusJones

Lawmaker: Probe Texas Shooting

By AP/MONICA RHOR

(HOUSTON) — U.S. Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee has called for a congressional inquiry into the state's most populous county, saying recent events show that its legal system "has been tarnished."

The Democrat primarily cited a recent Harris County grand jury decision not to indict a suburban homeowner who shot to death two men he suspected of burglarizing a neighbor's home.

"As far as many are concerned, justice was not rendered," said Jackson Lee, speaking at news conference Sunday. "There needs to be a question about how the case was presented. Was there no basis for this individual to be tried by a jury of his peers?"

Jackson Lee said her call for a federal inquiry also was spurred by a string of other controversial cases and scandals involving Harris County criminal justice agencies.

"With the many misgivings surrounding the Harris County legal system, it is fair to say that this local judicial system has been tarnished," Jackson Lee said. "It is time for all officials to be held accountable and true justice and democracy to be restored."

Jackson Lee also cited a recent controversy involving the Harris County Sheriff's Office, where top commanders were disciplined for sending racially insensitive e-mails, including some that mocked Islam.

Other issues have included the Harris County Jail, which is the subject of a federal civil rights probe, and the resignation earlier this year of former District Attorney Chuck Rosenthal, who left office after sending explicit e-mails on his county computer.

Jackson Lee also pointed to ongoing problems with the Houston Police Department crime lab, which forced suspension of DNA testing twice since 2002. Since then, three men convicted with faulty evidence have been exonerated.

The pattern of behavior raises questions about bias in the system, Jackson Lee said.

"With the enormous fractures in the system, until we take a broom and sweep it out, there won't be evenhanded justice," she said.

Jackson Lee said she is seeking congressional hearings to investigate possible systemic bias in the Harris County justice system. She also called for a federal investigation of the sheriff's department.

"I believe Harris County has set up an infrastructure that begs investigation," Jackson Lee said.

This is one crazy woman! She is what is wrong with this govt. I guess too many criminals are being shot or put in prison. Her constituents, I guess. Now I know our liberal friends will cite from the above article that DNA exonerated some who were falsely imprisoned. Mistakes happen. But why force this man to spend tons of money for an atty, when he did what he should have done. Protect personal property, or his neighbors property, which is his right.

• 1 year later...

the setting-a the town hall meeting

the action- she rudely answered her phone while one of her constituants was asking her a question

the excuse- she was multitasking

looks like one of those lifetime politicians. :sick: maybe she was answering a call on her planned michael jackson memorial? :banghead:

She admits to making a phone call to the Q&A information hotline. She was wanting to make sure she had the correct information. Riiiight. Tracy was the second person to ask a question.

Are you kidding me? The FIRST question was so difficult that she was already asking for help???? :phone:

Give me a break.... She was asking, "What's for lunch?"

Sadly, what it shows me is that she (among so many others) have not bothered to read either bill. If she had, she would have known the key points. No one has asked a question yet about the minute details of the bill. They are asking questions about the key points. They have not done their homework, but the citizens of America have.

And, again, I comment that they wanted this bill to be passed before the August break? I agree with one demand from a town hall questioner: Read the bill. You should be required BY LAW to read any bill you vote yes or no. Read the freakin bill!

Okay, I added "freakin." :mad:

• 10 months later...

It is deplorable that a bill can contain laws that have no application to the bill's original intent. AKA pork. In order to fund a war, Texas has to give up soveriegnty? What kind of Bull is that. And from a "so-called" Texan. Texan my *&^ Jackson Lee. She should be deported.

• 1 year later...

I saw about 3 minutes of her speech yesterday on the floor...I couldn't stand it, had to turn the channel... if she represents her district in the fine State of Texas, those folks in her district are well.....I betcha there's an overwhelming number of unemployed, aren't looking for a job, don't intend to look for a job, are on food stamps, Medicaid and govt. housing.

• Like 1

http://www.cnsnews.c...litants-might-b

she also belives that Christians are as bad as muslim terorrist

I wouldn't go so far to say that about her, and I do not support Sheila Jackson Lee. However in the clip that you posted she was trying to bring in radical Christians into the discussion, and that wasn't Patrick Dunleavy's forte of knowledge. As we all know she has close ties to Louis Farrakhan, she will attempt to protect her cash cow in any way that she can.

• 1 year later...
  • Mr. P changed the title to 💩 Shelia Jackson Lee's greatest hits